What started Bubbline?

What started Bubbline?

Tumblr. I'm not scapegoating. That's the real source.

>you will never eat out Bubblegum's asshole while she shits strawberry frosting down your throat
>Marceline will never piss on your face

So i'm assuming the creators saw the popularity of it in Tumblr and decided to throw them a few bones?

It's a little deeper than that but pretty much.

I got all day,pls lay it out to me

wasn't it that episode 'what was missing'? the one with the door they have to sing to get through?

From what I recall the show had a plot where Bubblegum and Marceline were friends in the past but had a falling out. Bubblegum revealed she still had a shirt Marceline had given her and Tumblr decided it was FACT that they were lesbos. Some of that has leaked into the show because the creators spend a lot of time in those corners of the net. Similar stuff has happened with Steven Universe. I'm personally not a fan of it because often giving into fan theories feels cheap.

Is this about the fanart that was featured on that officially sponsored youtube video?

Bubbline was inevitable because shipping the two main female characters in a show is easy mode fan shipping. Unfortunately Rebecca Sugar decided to make it canon in the show.

I thought it was Becky at first but is this confirmed?

gay

real answer: rebecca sugar

>but is this confirmed?
No but considering most Marceline episodes were done by Sugar until she left including What Was Missing, she pretty much started the canon ship.

>diversity on the hands

It's the little things.

*Bleeds on your face ftfy

Not a question of who started it but who tried to canonize it.

As a former PBxM shipper as well as AT fan I well tell you. I was there, I saw the shitstorm, it's 100% true.

In the beginning, there was no Bubbline as you know it. The characters briefly interacted in "Go with me" but it was hardly a shipping fuel. Nonetheless, there were couple of people who entertained the idea of pairing them up, mainly /u/sers and few tumblr ones. The amount of fanart was close to 10-15 pictures. The main source of PBxM content and the person behind it as a whole then, was Natasha Allegri. She drew a handful of shippy pictures and thus kept those few of us happy.

The revolution though, came with "What was missing". As soon as 5 minute preview was released, it exploded. Tens and hundreds of fanarts started flooding the tumblr and the like, positive reaction from the very storyboard artist Rebecca Sugar only encouraged it. The rest is history.

Fuck Rebecca Sugar btw.

Awe damn, as a piece of shit fujo who loves her gay ships I always wondered, what's the deal with pandering?
Like, yeah great we get to set fanart and fantasize about how a relationship between X and Y could be but once the producers or whatever say "yes, they're indeed gay for each other" it kind of... Spoils everything.
Like a thing that was just for fun now is like a duty, you HAVE to draw these two together or else you're a homophobe and a horrible person for drawing non gay stuff with them, so no, no straight ships for this one EVER AGAIN didn't you know they are CANON gay?????? Are you defying the word of GOD????
Is like, fuck it, I know that everyone wants to be inclusive and put some representation of every damn thing in their show nowadays, but really when you enclose things like that, you just end up limiting your own fans and ruining it for them in a way, taking in count how extremists everyone in the fandom can be.
I don't know if I explained myself correctly.

>But hey! It's just a theory

I get you, but I'm also a fujo. It's fun when it's teased and hinted at but not when it's shoved in your face. Seems forced, like when corporations pander with DUDE TRIPPY and/or nostalgia in their commercials so they can appeal to the young people. It just kills it.

>as a piece of shit fujo who loves her gay ships
Stay on tumblr.

Sugar was the storyboarder of that one episode that started bubbleline. Considering how many lesbians SU has it was deliberated

But I like Sup Forumsmblr better

It's just a creative way to cuck Finn while introducing more children to the wonder and glory of homosexuality.

SJWs like Rebecca Sugar are on a very important mission; the absolute destruction of masculinity and male self-confidence. Again, just look at Finn. SJWs like Sugar hate men and wish to see them torn down and eaten away at. It's a sexual fetish that they have. A sort of "revenge".

It's can be heavily implied but there's always going to be room to debate it since the show will try to imply it and never make it official on the cartoon.

BTFO Tumblr and pussy AT writers.

Bubbline was an inevitability. The second you have two desirable females they will be shipped together and they will be shipped hard, ig onlu because people want to see two hot girls get it on.

Look at Overwatch. Pharah and Mercy are now the "default" favorite couple for basically no reason other than some loose story ties and the fact that they're two very attractive women.

Gay shipping is a fact of life. The sooner you accept it the better.

Remember when cartoons were aimed to kids instead of the internet community?

That stupid episode about the door creature. Shippingfags havent shut up about it since.

They've been beaten to the gay punch by like 4 or 5 shows now. I can't imagine there's some censor or something telling them no on it so I can only assume they just don't wanna.

Looks like it worked on you. Look at how insecure and sad you are.

What Was Missing, and Natasha hinting at it after said episode.

WWM came out while Bubbline was still nothing more than the crackest of crackships. Sugar started the fire, Tumblr was just extremely pleasantly surprised and happy to build a religion out of it.

!!

Two females were on screen at the same time.

harmless fanart early on. Then there was that episode where they all sang a song to open a door to PB's treasure which was Marceline's t-shirt I think?

Then the recent seasons started pushing it real hard for some reason while brushing off Finn's presence in their friendship, so there you go.

assmad roastie detected

>kuhlipsoart deleted their tumblr

But user I don't understand, if my evil feminist plan worked why would I be mad? Don't you see? You're an insecure, emasculated beta and I've already won.

>Pharah x Mercy

Jeezus, Overwatch fans have some shit-tier taste.

Roastie getting toasty

Pharah x Mercy is forced meme ship. Its a cancer spammed by a few people. Its died out a lot recently to others like Soldier x Ana, Morrison x Reyes, and Mei x Junkrat

Also forgot Hanzo x McCree seems popular now too

Y live?

A goddamn piece of cake, I'm serious

I know, right? D.Va/Mercy is so much better.

People say it was the "What Was Missing" episode with the door but I remember it being as soon as they appeared in a scene together early on. People went nuts when she called her Bonnibel.

So, if I understand all this right

Bubbline is NOT canon, they were just friends in the past?

Marceline's voice actress was bullshitting people about it if I remember right.

Pretty much.

That's also why tomco and janstar get tons of fan service

Yes, it's not and never was canon, no matter how hard tumblr wants it to be.

What is wrong with that walrus?

>as a piece of shit fujo
Tell stories about your adventures.

basically casual sex blurring the line between friends and lovers
though really people have been insinuating shit like that since kirk and spock, who are a HELL of a lot closer friends than these two (At least when the shipping started, they have since made up from their absence and gotten a little closer to being good friends again)

A GAY theory!

I guess you didn't watch Stakes then

>SJWs like Rebecca Sugar are on a very important mission; the absolute destruction of masculinity and male self-confidence.
This is correct. Same reason why critics bashed BvS: too masculine.

She's already here, user. :^)

Fuck kids.

Not like that pedo-scum.

Adult male fanbase wanting lesbians and women from tumblr creating different ships of characters because it is or was trendy. The whole thing spiraled out of control after WWM.

Did the whole Bubbline thing spark any shipping war?

What do you think??

>Tumblr. I'm not scapegoating. That's the real source.
No user.
Nat's bubbline deliveries from Sup Forums drawthreads predate all show canon.
The real Tumblr is here.

It's a communist.

a confession from a con i think?
where someone from the show said that Marceline and Bubblegum had a thing back then when a fan asked a question.