Does Batman realistically do any real good for Gotham City...

Does Batman realistically do any real good for Gotham City? I'm growing more and more disillusioned at the realization my childhood hero is actually an insane manchild

Nigga saved the world and countless lifes along his work.

So who cares?

>realistically
dude, you're reading a comic book where a billionaire with mommy and daddy issues dresses up as a rodent to fight a comedian and you're looking for realism? really?

Why is everyone's idea of "growing up" being a cynical douchebag? You can be "mature" and still willing to allow yourself to enjoy unrealistic stories where good things happen and not everything is all about the world being a shit place, that's real life, leave it there.

Generally in the long run (LoSH future) Gotham gets absorbed as a Metropolis neighborhood and Earth is pretty close to being a utopia. Debatable how much you credit Bruce there though, I guess him being involved with the age of heroes partially led to it but not his crusade in Gotham directly.

considering Gotham hasn't turned into a crater yet, yes he does some good

Man, you can't hold it against Batman for not stopping all crime - crime is a force of nature.

Nobody calls Superman "useless" because "Hey Supes, SO WHAT if you saved a few thousand people from that hurricane you IDIOT, there'll just be another hurricane ne year!"

That's the point.

And Snyder only one who got it

Which Snyder? Zack Snyder or Scott Snyder?

Zack Based Snyder

>rodent

Are we talking about Ratman?

with the onset of adult problems, people tend to eschew the wonder and romanticism of these fantastic and unrealistic stories and seek fictions that more reflect their reality or mirrors it somewhat, preferring narratives that deal with adult concerns, complications, and themes. superhero tales are relegated to escapism. hope that kind of answered your question.

Gotham was built by mad architects using impossible geometry on cursed land. The city itself is trying to turn everyone inside it crazy.

Batman's doing pretty well, all things considered.

>Gotham was built by mad architects using impossible geometry on cursed land. The city itself is trying to turn everyone inside it crazy.
hahaha! really? that's hilarious. what comic/arc is that from?

Heroes from continuous books can't change the status quo durably, that's as true for Batman as anyone.
Why is it always Batman that gets people to those realizations anyway?

In the LoSH future Batman is practically forgotten.

People get it, hell that's the basis for half of Mark Millar's books. They also get that aspect is boring as fuck once you've made your point that heroes aren't actually effective.

Exactly which is why credit to him is debatable. I think he has a section in the Superman museum though at least.

>Does Batman realistically do any real good for Gotham City?

Here's another question. How well would Gotham do without him?

No, I get that, but if you "prefer narratives that're more adult", then there are literally metric tons of those stories already, ESPECIALLY in the crime/detective fiction genre. So if you're mature enough to recognize superheroes as escapism, then you should be able to leave those superheroes be and just seek out your entertainment elsewhere, instead of demanding that your childhood fiction conform to your adult sensibilities.

I guess because when they were younger they thought "maybe, possibly he could be real!" so realizing that no, he COULDN'T actually work IRL is sort of like the millennial equivalent of realizing Santa Claus isn't real.