FMG SWG Film Making General

Summer is over. Those days of long light hours are over. Productions are wrapping up. What have you made this summer? Post projects finished or upcoming.

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=0B6uwaxNQt5HRU3BiaDlJT19BTkE
youtu.be/PXTyVZ7Wal0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

I'm hype because I might actually be getting a project together.

It's not terrible either. We've got a finished script that doesn't make me want to gouge my eyes out and some friends are working on storyboarding now.

I'm also working on my own short project by myself, which is only like one scene one setting. Gotta figure out how I should end it but it's coming along nicely thus far.

Here's what I have so far on the solo project:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B6uwaxNQt5HRU3BiaDlJT19BTkE

And here's just a stupid little short I did last week on vacation before Florida went to hell:
youtu.be/PXTyVZ7Wal0

Pic related is the result of me dicking around in Photoshop for a couple hours.

Fuck these threads die fast.

I remember them in their heyday, shit was fucking great. We had people with actual talent. Now all we got is me and a handful of others.

I'm currently working on a documentary. Working on the third edit now.

I don't think anything you just posted is quality.

It's actually very very bad.

I don't doubt it.

The short I'll make no apologies for, that's fucking trash. What can I do to fix the script though?

Is that a screencap from it? That's really impressive.

What's the doc about?

Like, what's the point? All that happened was a werewolf ordered food. Just writing that sentence had the same effect as your script

There wasn't one. I honestly didn't really know what I wanted to do with it, I saw this post and thought it'd be funny to roll with it but didn't actually have a story in mind.

You're right, I'm a hack piece of shit.

bump

It's a 50 min documentary about Burnouts. It's a bit new-age and pseudo poetic for my taste, but I didn't direct it I'm just editing it and its mainly to pay the rent.

So which of the group are you then? DuckBrains?

You put the camera down yourself right, and then play a role yourself right? Is that why it's always at night?

Where are the American filmmakers at?

It's at night for the most part because I like the night. I just do horrible shitty projects on my own because I can't convince anyone to work with me on really short notice. If it takes longer it won't get shot because life ends up getting in the way. I practice where I can.

This thread is making me feel fucking pathetic

Neon Blades

N I G G A

Literally only thing in these threads that inspires me and keeps me writing. Too bad its never gonna get made tho.

edited a bunch of food/travel TV shows and made fuckloads of money, feels good man

How'd you get those jobs?

Theres online sites where jobs are advertised. Internships lead to jobs as well. Or get a degree and study it and approach production houses.

Well if you're serious then stop doing it alone and put together a proper project. And have the discipline to pull through. Doing a spur of the moment thing with your iPhone at night wont really help you become a filmmaker.

You're absolutely right, and I'm hopeful for the thing I'm a part of now. I'm not directing or writing, and I think that'll be good for me since I can focus purely on the visual aspects of an already solid script.