Is this the end of Iron Man?

Is this the end of Iron Man?

Is that Amon?

Is it really hard to write and draw the entire event BEFORE they start it? We have like 3 books with Tony already dead, same shit happened with Secret Wars and they'll spoil Hail Hydra!'s events too.

No, Riri's Tony AI will eventually get downloaded into a clone body just in time for Infinity War Part 1...

Carol, on the other hand, will be unable to live this fucking event down for at least a decade...

They'll be talking about this in the same tones as Avengers #200 all the way up through her movie's promotion

Not if Ulysses goes out of control and she does the great """"sacrifice"""" to put him down.
More martyr, back to alcohol, more drama, another relaunch. They can do it. We can take it.

>No, Riri's Tony AI will eventually get downloaded into a clone body just in time for Infinity War Part 1...
You mean, just in time for Spider-Man: Homecoming, right?

Oh who gives a fuck

i miss the days when i could actually believe there would be permanent consequences in comics

Hasn't been like that since the early 80s, user.

>the great """"sacrifice"""" to put him down.
You mean die? Nevermind how meaningless death is in comics, they aren't going to bench Carol just when her movie is trying to gain traction.

Except there are, maybe try reading things outside of shitty Big Two comics.

Ah shit. Well if Ulysses kills himself Carol can still blame herself and get more drama.

I thought this event was over

its supposed to represent Carol, triumphantly killing the patriarchy and becoming the new Yaasqueen of Marvel Comics

it got delayed like 3 months, but the ongoings are all treating it like it's over

Maybe it'll be the end of Bendis?

But atleast the ending of Civil War II can't be as bad as Original Sin or as anticlimacticas Secret Wars.... right

>Is this the end of Iron Man?
Yes. Now he's Iron FRIDAY, or T.O.N.Y., or whatever. Basically he's Riri's glorified Siri now.

>Is it really hard to write and draw the entire event BEFORE they start it?
Yes for a number of reasons, but even if it wasn't, CWII is one of the hackiest rush jobs in Marvel history. There literally wasn't time. The EiC said in an interview that most events get planned out years ahead of time and are built up to in various books with effort being put in to make sure that everyone knows its coming and to plan accordingly for their books.

So most events, which still end up being hacked together messes most of the time, get years of prep time. Civil War II got 4-5 months and solicits are released 3 months ahead of time. So if we're being generous, they had about 2 months to come up with, write, and get all the other creative teams on the same page so they could rewrite all their books to tie-in.

The whole thing is a slapped together rush job and they admitted it before the event even started. Halfway through, Bendis changed his mind on what the ending should be causing all these delays and the extra issue to get added. The two people writing She-hulk in their books, Leth and Thompson, had to write tie-ins about She-hulk getting horribly injured/maybe killed but weren't told whether she'd actually live and Bendis and editorial went back and forth on if she should be or not.

As bad as CWII has been, the worst of it has been on the side of Marvel's writers who've had to work around on it. Ewing had to derail one of Marvel's best books for the entire second half of the book just to run damage control on CWII. Make no mistake, once The Untold Tale II comes out a couple decades from now, there will be a lot of scathing, angry words about having to write around this shit show no matter who writes in. I doubt even Bendis will have anything positive to say about CWII once all is said and done.

Pretty sure Civil War was the end of Iron Man. 10 years they've been trying to make up for it and haven't succeeded.

That's Iron Man, doofus.

1) I would be surprised if it turns out he's dead. In 'Avengers', Wilson says "he's in rough shape", and none of the other books have committed to him being dead.
2) The AI version of Tony means nothing. This is at least the third data-version of Tony running around, not including rogue LMD's or the actual hard drive they had a few years ago.

I think he might be in an iron lung. I'm not even kidding. On that subject: What the fuck happened to Arno Stark?

>Pretty sure The Crossing was the end of Iron Man.
Fixed.

>What the fuck happened to Arno Stark?
They have another 3 years to go before they need to address it.

Are you serious?

Most likely. Bendis tried and failed to kill white Spider-man and replace him with his black oc op Spider-man, so he did the next best thing. He killed and succeeded in killing white Iron-man and replace him with his black oc op Iron-Heart.

Thing is, I kinda like Riri. He seems to like writing her series (and apparently doesn't really care about Doom's one).

I think I'll be bummed when she is killed off.

Because it's gonna happen, isn't it? Marvel is a company, and sooner or later they're gonna have to choose between compromising their SJW course and bankcruptcy.

Bendis is gonna freak out when that happens.

Whoop-dee-doo. Who gives a fuck? Does he have incriminating photographs?

Seriously, why is Baldy McDecompression so big with Marvel? He is a mediocre writer at best. His characterization is feeble, if his plots were dogs you'd shoot the poor things to spare them further suffering and his dialogue is a fucking joke.

Fraction was worse, but at least he made me feel an emotion. With Bendis I feel like a horse being raped by a guy with a micropenis - I should feel disgusted, violated, but frankly there are not many sensations at all.

>replace him with his black oc op daighter stand-in Iron-Heart.
you meant

Think about it, user.

We had an Arno. He was active. He even had armor of his own. And he just sort of vanished.

The other Arno canonically first appeared in 2015.

Thanks

No. Marvel wont kill off any characters in the MCU as they want fans of the movies to read their favorite characters books.

The only exception to this is Bruce Banner, but people dont watch a Hulk movie to see Bruce Banner. Adamus Cho is the new Hulk and Bruce Banner got rid of his, so the only thing Marvel lost was one of their hundreds of superhero scientists.

So no, probably Tony will go into hiding like when Osborn became the new head of SHIELD

who ever drew that carol, should be the only one to draw carol.

What were the early 80s like user? It seems like crazy time.