Jessica Jones #2 storytime

In which Jessica Jones continues to be an utter wreck of a human being.

Weird thing about this scene. During the Heroic Age, after getting attacked by a Doombot, Jessica Jones was surprised to find out that Cage had met Doom before.
Bendis fails even at his own continuity.

I'm pretty sure he DID get the money

Luke has every right to be pissed off

>Where were you?
Probably looking for his daughter
Fuck you Jessica, even if you have a good reason (which I doubt), you're being way too much of an asshole.

>You just go ahead and keep blaming me
Sure looks like this is all your fault to me

Normally I don't like it when Bendis has Luke swear, but I feel it's justified here since he has every reason to be pissed off.

Is anybody reading?

>All my so-called friends who did nothing to get me out of jail
Maybe it's because of what you've done to Luke and his daughter, ever considered that?

Why did this woman assume that she's a mutant or inhuman? I would have assumed that she was in trouble with the law.

So how old is she now?

>I missed your first steps
So did Luke

>Any chance you're going to tell me where you've been?
>No
Fuck you Jessica

And none of the PIs that Luke hired thought about checking out Jessica's step-mom?

>The job is botched
So you fail at one stake-out and the whole job is botched? You really are a terrible P.I.

Suddenly THE SPOT! Never thought that Bendis would use him, much less in this kind of book.

Well, looks like nobody was actually reading this.

Oh man, I love a good hate-read.

MY MAN

>Spots
>Black spots
>Who does black spots?!
GEE

What the hell is even going on? I missed the first issue, does it make more sense with that?

The first issue was pretty good when it wasn't focusing on the Luke/WHERE'S THE BABY plotline. Let's see how much of this issue is wasted on that.

>Bendis fails even at his own continuity.
Nothing new there. He did it all the time in his Ultimate Spider-man run.

>Not for kids
Because they'd fall asleep if they tried reading it

No

>Is anybody reading?

I am! Thanks, user.

>See black spot in the air in last panel
>hope we get a SUDDENLY, THE SPOT! moment
>Suddenly, The Spot!

This is a lot better than most of Bendis' modern schlock.

>Jessica is in jail for some reason
>bail is paid by random joes or something
>WHERES THE BABY JESSICA, says Jessica Drew
>I gotta take a case to feel normal, says Jessica Jones
>"My husband might have been replaced with a version of himself from another universe, I think this is realted to that "Ultimate Universe" conspiracy people on line are talking about", says the woman
>"I'm on the case!", says Jessica Jones
>WHERES MUH BABY JESSICA, says Luke Cage
I think

Panel three is much too sinister for the tone of this scene

Obviously? I mean, there's still some stuff that's left ambiguous like how Jessica ended up in jail or why Jessica hid the baby away from Luke, but obviously things won't make sense if you start in the second issue instead of the first.

Oh boy, it's a "The mother kidnaps the baby from the father and isn't portrayed as a huge piece of shit in the comic" episode.

She was definitely older than this in Ewing's Mighty Avengers, and that was before the 8 months timeslip? Hey, Marvelites, remember the EIGHT MONTHS timeskip after Secret Wars they so widely publicized? You'd guess 8 months would be quite a lot of progress in the life of a baby

Well, she learned to walk

But you've got to remember that there was, like, eight months or so of Final Incursion that got wiped out of existence.

Hi, Carol!

Ok, did I miss something? When did she end up in jail?

This whole thing fucking sucks. I like Jessica and Luke. They were an actual happy couple. If this ends with them getting a divorce, fuck Bendis.

It hasn't been said yet.

you'd think Bendis would let Luke live a happy life considering that Luke's his waifu

Bendis giveth, Bendis taketh.

That understandable paranoia of walking into her office is clearly not going to go away.

Fuck outta here. Luke and Jessica was and always will be bad. I seriously hope this ends in a separation, but I doubt Bendis will really give us that.

I was pleasantly surprised

>The Avengers are on his original costumes
>Carol has his new costume and haircut
CMON MARVEL

Jessica is being a massive bitch with the baby thing, but other than that, this book is actually pretty decent. Still want to find out about the original case too.

Plus, I love the Spot.

>Hydra

god damn it Captain America

>Jessica is being a massive bitch with the baby thing

It kind of seems that way but to be fair we really don't know why she is mad at Luke. He might have done something do deserve it

On the contrary, she clearly is being portrayed as a huge piece of shit.

>There are so many mysteries to discover in the Marvel Universe and Jessica's new case may be the most dangerous one. No spoilers, but some of the biggest questions about the new Marvel NOW! are about to be revealed in this very comic.
Bendis sure loves lying about what will actually happen in his covers and solicitations

I thought it was Dr. Strange who helped Deliver Luke and JJ's baby.
Or is this a new continuity of 616-8?

bump

What is with Bendis turning characters into huge jerks recently?

Ganke, Carol, Ben Grimm, and now Jessica.

>Daredevil not facing the wall

One Job Marvel! One Job!

>first issue
>genuinely interesting premise with Ultimate Conspiracy, great hook for the book and makes me actually want to add this to my pull
>bogs half the issue down with shitty "WHERE'S THE BABY?" plot and blatant "Hey guys, Remember ALIAS?" nostalgia grabbing
>well, hopefully that stuff takes a back seat for the next few issues

>second issue
>Ultimate Conspiracy completely fucking ignored for more WHERE'S THE BABY?! and Remember ALIAS?!

Bendis has the capability to make this a great comic and he actively chooses not to. Fuck me. Ultimate Conspiracy is the exact thing I wanted to see post-Secret Wars and it's being hidden under this Jessica vs. Luke horseshit that serves no other purpose than resetting Jessica's status quo to Alias-era.

He did. This isn't her delivering the baby.

Oh sorry about that. I don't know how that works :')

Not only did he get the money, he made sure to count it. Then again, he ALSO got punched a lot, and Luke never said he DIDN'T get the money.

>You really are a terrible P.I.
Who says Bendis sucks at continuity?

She's ALWAYS been a shitty PI.

Yes.

Just like Maria Hill has always been a terrible director of SHIELD. Bendis created her in that role and he's kept her at that level of incompetence.

I don't particularly like this, but at least it's miles better than The Pulse.

>Luke and Jessica was and always will be bad.

What? Why? Because they decided to portray her as a nag in his recent run with Iron Fist?

It really stands out in the most ridiculously possible way

that's some pretty damn lifeless punches

Luke should just send Danny to beat her up.

when the fuck does this take place? over in PM
+IF they are still together even in Jess hates danny and is a nag

It presumably takes place after Civil War II

then how long was jess in jail for

> Perfect Carol

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GOOD! Fuck benis and fuck his stupid waifus! You deserve to be shitted on like the rest of his victims!

Exactly. Luke Cage could do much better than Jessica Jones

That's not even being a nag, unless you count not wanting Luke to be with Danny, and she's NEVER liked Danny, ever since "says you".

Oh noes, Bendis forgot a line of dialogue from a comic he wrote over five years ago

Danny was a bag of dicks to her though. An understandable bag of dicks but a bag of dicks.