Heathcliff

His plan worked.

Other urls found in this thread:

heathcliff.wikia.com/wiki/Garbage_Ape
youtube.com/watch?v=hdBRrVdKqRg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Heathcliff opens the milk

This is going to require an explanation from the author, like the Garbage Ape did

Its obiously a Trump analogy

Trumps gonna make everyone the same? Make everyone a mouse? Leave?

what was the explanation for the garbage ape

>The Garbage Ape is, as his name might imply, an ape preoccupied with garbage. The Garbage Ape appears to be based on the phenomenon of garbage cans that are overturned during the night: the Garbage Ape is most often shown at night, and when shown is generally depicted as flipping over the garbage cans of humans (or occassionally even stealing them).

>The Garbage Ape is relatively unique in the Heathcliff universe as a character that receives Heathcliff's unconditional love and respect. The Garbage Ape is never attacked or mauled by Heathcliff as other characters might be, and is never a victim for the sake of a punchline.

>Heathcliff's love of the Garbage Ape is well-documented, and repeated often within the strip.

heathcliff.wikia.com/wiki/Garbage_Ape

I walks expecting some thing more esoteric. I guess I've fallen for the meme if heathcliff having a deep meaning

This is wrong, the garbage ape BRINGS garbage to various places. No one knows why or what it's supposed to mean.

What plan?

so his plan was just to get everyone to dress as mice

Was dressing as mice a part of your plan?

Gallagher is truly the social Shakespeare of our time.

He doesn't pull his punches when it comes to conservatives, it seems.

His plan was to get into city hall. To do that he joined the mouse party because mice are the most populous voting bloc.

>I walks expecting some thing more esoteric
He was a one-off Easter Bunny parody that Gallagher liked enough to bring back, and then he got a cult following and became a fan-favorite within the Heathcliff fan-community so Gallagher keeps using him.

That's kinda sad

Gallagher's biting satire doesn't take sides.

Then how do you explain this? Your logic is flawed, user.

The depth of heathcliff comes from the endless self reference and regurgitation to the point of losing any semblance of meaning. The Garbage ape is probably the prime example of this, but the Helmet Saga or Hot Dog broth follow the same tone. Its everywhere in Heathcliff. Thats what makes it great.

Meme-magic is a mysterious and unstable force.

is this a reference to that fat guy who cuts open milk jugs on youtube?

It's a reference to the french art of opening champagne bottles with swords.

>plan
Choose your own meme adventure

>A. "He's calling it in"
>B. "He's a big guy"
>C. "What's the next part of his meowster plan?
>D. "Heathcliff started the fire"
>E. Write in

This one has always been my favorite Garbage Ape comic because of the sheer amount of hype in it. Usually it's background characters commenting on Heathcliff and the Garbage Ape in a pretty matter of fact way, but here it's just Heathcliff and his raccoon buddy getting hype as fuck and screaming Garbage Ape! while he barrels through.

>E. The fire rises!

youtube.com/watch?v=hdBRrVdKqRg

So, it's like Garfield's lasagna or Scooby Snacks, except literal garbage?

I like my idea better.

A cat in mouse's clothing was elected by mice who chose based on what they saw.

This ain't rocket surgery

C!

That's one way of looking at it, yeah.

The thing is that his old owner is saying that line, so it reads as her explaining to the house guest who tried to get the milk, so it reads as "No. Only he may open the milk."