Story time

Squadron supreme #13

damn it

know they wouldnt kill best guy. Someone has to compete with aqualad in theatres

I really liked this page. SS is a solid book that doesn't get nearly the attention it deserves.

Huh, genuinely surprised they didn't go that route. I expected this whole thing to just be a roundabout way to retcon Namor blowing up the planet by having a timedisplaced Namor from before that happened. Evidently not.

>the Squadron Supreme finally gets its Aquaman
Yes!

Is my bae Nighthawk in this, and has he retained his character development from his solo series

Never forget

Not in this issue. Well, except for the last page.

If you mean the series as a whole, then yes, but his solo was pretty ambiguous on when it takes place in relation to the ongoing.

>his character development from his solo series
The solo series that ended with him sitting next to the businessman so he could watch him die?

Yeah, but also ended with him calling a white cop "a good man".

Fans were so pissed when Namor died yet nobody seems to care that he's back now.

For me personally it was less that they killed him, because we all know no one really stays dead, I was more mad that they killed him of all people. We all knew he was coming back

>We all knew he was coming back
Didn't Robinson reveal in an interview not 2 months after he was killed off that Marvel editorial told him that he was only allowed to kill him if he had a story arc planned to bring him back.

So did they pull his essence out of his body? I'm confused...

That too

Supreme bump

Bumpty
This series have some great covers

I am glad this series is doing well.
I hope that at some point, Robinson chooses to go full multiversal ala X-iles

Robinson is one of the few Marvel writers who actually puts effort in

I wouldn't really call it "well" but it's surviving at least. I wish Nighthawk and Hyperion could have gotten second arcs.

I know. This run has been good.
I am surprised it has lasted more than 12 issues. Not many Marvel books surpass the 12 issues now.

I've been enjoying this series, but I don't like this take on Nighthawk. He's just a blander Batman; I much prefer the miniseries' surly, non-talkative asshole/murderer.

They timecloned him from a moment before his death.

>Time cloned?
I am sorry but what?

Yeah, there was no way they were going to let Robinson kill off and keep dead literally the first Marvel character ever - and a fan favorite at that - in a C-tier team book in the first issue.

I hated it merely for the disrespect given to him. Dude had his head kicked around. Only one to do that to him are guys who earned that shit like Black Panther, Doom, or CuckClops. And Reed for every time Namor tried to bang Sue. Big name guys.

It's explained in the issue, man. They duplicated him from a single instance of time right before his death.

Auran, Kaine and Namor all brought back at the same time.

>C-tier team
The Squadron did on their first issue more than what other teams of Avengers were doing at that time.

Yeah, still C-tier.
Tiers don't care about what you do, it's about who you are and how you do it and how many people know you're doing it (real world and in-universe).

That explains lot.

Damn Modred thought on everything.

This is character development well done. It's delightful.

Christ I can't wait for the next issue to see how Nighthawk will react to everything.

My boy is back!
And I like this cover!

So Hyperion finally remembers that he was a paragon and not some kind of 'by any means necessary' anti-hero. Where has that been this whole series?

He's underappreciated.