Every 27 years more then 6 kids randomly go missing in a low crime rate calm town. 6 kids missing in 1 year

Every 27 years more then 6 kids randomly go missing in a low crime rate calm town. 6 kids missing in 1 year

>6 kids missing in 1 year

HOW THE FUCK IS THE TOWN NOT RIOTING AND HOW IS THE ENTIRE POLICE DEPARTMENT NOT ON A FULL ON 24/7 HUNT FOR CLUES ON THIS SHIT. WHY HASNT THE PRESEDENT NOT ALREADY SENT HALF OF HIS CIA DEPARTMENT TO LOOK INTO THE WHAT HAPPENED. HOW HAS HOMELAND SECURITY NOT ORDERED A NUKE ON THE TOWN YET. SOMEONE EXPLAIN HOW THIS SHIT JUST HAPPENS.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=houP7mAjZ0o
youtube.com/watch?v=T1rOW_zD1lo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Corll
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think they just gave up. It's been going since what? Beginning of time?

In the books It has a psychic influence over the town that makes them forgetful or makes them look the other way or whatever. It controls the entire place, when they finally kill It in its final form, It's death causes an storm that destroys the center of the town.

IT influences the minds of the townsfolk to forget or overlook the murders

>low crime rate town

You didn't watch the film.

>6 kids missing in 1 year

That's cute.

alright now i see. thanks

Derry is only like 250-300 years old.

thanks for spoling the next movie btw..

Go baco to reddit you moron

Because fucking IT influences the adults in the town to forget and pay no mind to all the murders. They literally don't even realize the shits happening and when it does they can't connect the dots because they don't see it

>go missing in a low crime rate calm town
I haven't even seen the movie and I know that's not true. The trailer had some shit about "people go missing here all the time, especially kids."

That's nothing.

500 kids went missing this year in Washington DC alone.

If you know where they are, contact Comet Ping Pong.

>more then 6 kids
Pfft, try a few dozen. And that's not even counting the ones that die in "random" tragedies when Its cycle begins/ends

youtube.com/watch?v=houP7mAjZ0o

Considering IT a criminal... user

some crazy bully is like what? 1 percent of criminals

Should've known the plot by now faggot. First movie and the book has been out for years.

THEY ALL FLOAT DOWN HERE

ICONIC rape town

Cringe

>spoiling a 30 year old book

>crying about spoilers
>on a story that's been out since 86

>
i saw a youtube video saying pennywise casts a shroud over the adults so they cant see. like bevs dad couldnt see the blood but the other kids could

FUCK OFF! THE MOVIE IS A SUCCESS ALREADY AND GREENLIT FOR A SEQUEL. SO STOP SHILLING.

That's bad writing making it cheat like that

They even showed it psychic control if you knew what you were looking for
When the dad just accepted that his infant kid was gone after a year of him being gone and him basically telling his son to stop looking

If IT makes the adults forget or not care, how come Georgie and Bill's parents seem pretty shook up about Georgie dying, as does Betty whatever's mom when it comes to her daughter? Also, did the Losers tell the adults about all the dead kid bodies in the sewer after they killed IT? And if so, did the adults give a shit?

Just trying to understand this, I've always hated that LOLAMNESIA ADULTS ARE USELESS aspect of the book.

The adults all generally get upset as usual but they move on very quickly

They didn't tell the adults because nobody would believe them, they just sort of took for granted that It was dead and that they'd return in 20 years to kick his ass again

Of course as they turned into adults all but one of them just forgot about It, and then again after they beat it a second time they forgot presumably permanently, it's a pretty major plot point

Is it really outside the realm of possibility that a father might accept the possibility that his son is dead a year after he goes missing?

Maybe in the book is better elaborated, but as I have always seen it, IT and the adaptation were cool looking flicks with no depth like everything Stephen King related adaptations. Maybe The Mist is the only one exempt of this.

It's a serviceable movie. It's a cool looking movie, it's not groundbreaking nor particularly disturbing or scary. It's just ok to watch. Not bad either, but not so good too.

And that's all it will ever be now.
> what is your hometown Rotherham famous for?
> Muslim Rape Gangs

Look up the Houston Mass Murders.

youtube.com/watch?v=T1rOW_zD1lo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Corll

Stuff like this can happen without the influence of an evil clown.

Fucking this. Derry's a hellhole, a statistical anomaly in more ways than just child disappearances.

>Of course as they turned into adults all but one of them just forgot about It, and then again after they beat it a second time they forgot presumably permanently, it's a pretty major plot point
>it's a Stephen King tries to make a deep multifaceted metaphor about how adults forget their childhood and lose some of that spark except it fails miserably episode
Was making the Losers as adults boring and flat characters part of that intention too, or am I giving him too much credit?

>low crime rate calm town
Except it isn't, for the reason you yourself pointed out.
The adults just don't care enough to be involved (like the scene where Henry attacked Ben), can't see what the kids are seeing (the blood in Bevvie's bathroom),or are being influenced by It to ignore bad and/or weird shit happening around them (which are mostly in the book).

They all think it's the local muslims but won't say anything for fear of being racist.

Yes, it is
If you have kids and don't feel that way you're fucked in the head
Do you have kids m8?

I fucking hate you.

But why a fucking clown?

because he thinks killing ppl is humorous.

Because 90% of kids are afraid of clowns, but adults don't give them a second thought. This allows IT to do its thing without attracting much suspicion.

The book starts in the 50s/60s when clowns were still sort of the "in" thing

Their confrontations with It also caused storms in the town. Eddie theorizes that's why they got lost (and had to get busy) the first time around, and they just didn't give a shit anymore after finally killing It.

Because it happens every TWENTY SEVEN YEARS and not like every 2 months

Jesus christ, user.

He can't be seen by adults anyways and has mary sue powers of teleportation, telepathy, telekinesis and shapeshifting and other shit

Why a clown? I don't buy it
>Kids are afraid of clowns
Well if they had fangs like that everyone would be afraid, but more about the fangs. It could be a vegetable, that's kid scaresome.

Part of IT's effect of having been there for thousands, if not millions, of years is the way adults behave. They're a bit zombified and they wave away all the kids disappearances.

Also in the book it takes adults too, its just kids are easier prey as they have much more vivid and simplistic fears.

>then
FUCK THIS MEME!

dude. its amerika. they cant even remember before their police was militarized in the 80s. theyre fucked.

Space turtle mindcontrol magic, ain't gonna explain shit.

IT controls the entire town. Every single adult in Derry is under his mind control and is influenced to either completely ignore the child murders or put forth the bare minimum of effort.

>It's death causes an storm that destroys the center of the town
BRAVO STEPHEN

IT prefers the form of Pennywise because children are fucking terrified of clowns. Scaring victims is equivalent to "salting the meat", so the scarier the form, the more delicious the meal.

He can take literally any form, he just prefers Pennywise.

>well, I guess this is It

Really. Jesus Christ

I've never even read the book but I thought it was rather obvious that It was doing something to the adults.
>old couple drives by and ignores it as Ben is being cut up
>a red balloon appears in their back seat
>Bev's dad doesn't see the fountain of blood
>Eddie's mom is a complete psycho for no reason
>Bill's dad gets angry and tells him to stop looking for Georgie
>The librarian gets that creepy look on her face while Ben is looking through the book
>also none of the adults in the library seem to notice the red balloon or the eggs

The interdimensional, unknowable entity that IT actually is has been mind controlling the adults for centuries. It traps them all in a haze of misery that they don't even bother to think about escaping from. The kids are special because of space turtle infused kid magic.

I always headcanoned Pennywise to have once been a real guy. You could actually make a pretty decent tragic short story about a guy named Bob Gray that was one of the only people in Derry to come close to killing IT. Set it back in the 1800s and let him be part of a carnival that passes through Derry.

White lives dont matter boi

>Eddie's mom is a complete psycho for no reason
imo I always got the impression that she was at least partly aware of what was going on and that translated into being insanely overprotective of Eddie. She's not abusive or evil, at least not in the miniseries and this movie.

Look up how many kids go missing in DC every year

>bitching about spoilers when you chose to go into a thread of a movie you haven't seen yet

there is no point to a story like this

>The librarian gets that creepy look on her face while Ben is looking through the book

Pay attention to the background in the library scene. It caught my eye watching and it was creepy as fuck.

a better question is wtf do the maintenance workers think about the massive pile of floating kids and tower of momori memento's

It happened again in Newcastle

Its just a movie you autistic dope

Can someone explain what IT in the deadlights actually eats? Is it just meat? Is it a soul? Souls without limbs makes no sense.

HELLO MY BABY, HELLO MY HONEY, HELLO MY NIGHTIME SHILL!

>The drowning kids in water tower wasn't in the movie
>That short and dispointed eddie and leper scene
>Best character aka Silver only has 2 seconds screen time

It wasnt has bad as Enders game adaptation but still feel like a slap to the face when you hyped this movie all year and the trailer made it look good but there were zero build up in any scene

Oh hey. I really liked The Mist too!
>The Mist show on Netflix
O-okay how bad can it be?
>First episode there is a flamboyant gay teen saying he's an asexual romantic that is attracted to personality not gender
>One of the biggest plot threads is about a girl that went to a party late at night, got fucking wasted and fucked a dude
Th-thanks.

Sam and Dean could kill IT

It eats meat then its hibernating for 27 years

A lot of the horror of IT comes from this question. Derry is constantly characterised as a cursed town, but it's a chicken-and-egg type question. Either:

- IT is controlling the adults in order to make them either to ignore the abuse and death happening in Derry, or actively indulge in it.

- Derry is full of fucking awful people, and that's why IT chooses to continually there. People know loads of people are going missing, but just don't care, and are so focused on their own awful desires that they'll act out the kind of violence IT needs to survive and hunt.

- There's also the slightly less awful idea that IT chose Derry because of the weird mindset a lot of small towns have about tragedy: communities will forget tragic events just because it's what's easier, and everything is explained away because the community doesn't want to face it. The town I grew up in was kind of like that, so it would make sense.

A lot of the mystery of the novel for me came from the fact I don't think these questions are ever fully answered, and really depend on the viewer's point of view.

Dude, there's a scene where Ben is being bullied by Henry Bowers and a car drives by and the couple in the car don't help Ben. In the back seat of the car Ben sees the red balloon.

IT obviously has some kind of telepathic hold over the town.

>when they finally kill It
>It's death
not dead

I don't even know anymore, was anyone actually scared by this movie?

The Deadlights feed directly on fear until they're strong enough to feast on Reality instead.

Pennywise is basically just the pseudopod that IT managed to extend into our dimension.

I thought time stopped, no one was moving for a few cuts

> HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YOUR MEAT?!!!

There was a serial killer in houston that killed like a dozen kids and only way he got caught was his buddy turned him in

They did care. Maybe some didnt. One of the bullies got blamed for the murders and got locked away because they found evidence in his home that was connected to missing/murdered
They dont care about abuse because if the once who knows about it dont wanna get invloved how other raise their kids because the 50s

They'd both get killed by it, end up in purgatory, the camel faced bitch would show up, kill it and a season of her would begin on her quest to bring back the Winchesters

I understand the "extending part" and the "existing outside of our reality" but the books specifically say that whatever the creature is landed on Earth ages ago.

It's a bit inconsistent.

It makes sense if IT uses fear in our world to become a physical presence in order to feed. The whole alien crashlanding thing doesn't really add up with the creatures true form, which is describe as a hairy, orange endless being.

The clown is actually a cosmic entity that is constantly mindraping the whole town.

Is that an explanation from the books?

>It's not a man...
>It... IT!
What did they mean by this?

The Clown is a god and controls them, pay attention.

INSHALLAH

I think your analysis is right. It might just be a mix of both. I don't necessarily think it had a choice of where it feeds. But it's much easier to cover up and make use of, considering Derry is small.

Not a lot of police presence. The adults are tainted by the town and in one way or another enable it to feed.

Meat and fear

>IT is controlling the adults in order to make them either to ignore the abuse and death happening in Derry, or actively indulge in it.
It's this. The book goes into more detail, but IT basically crash-landed millions of years ago on earth on the soil where Derry would later be built. It then influenced the townsfolk to create what It describes to be Its "killing pen"

Think of what landed here as the "piece" of IT that extends into our reality. It's a hyperdimensional entity, so wherever that piece lands is still connected to the IT in the macroverse.

>asian

More like an explanation spread across several books, but yeah, there are hints of it in IT.

I guess that makes sense.

Is there even any art of what it's true form looks like?

Hey pal, check this
Dumbledore dies

This has happened multiple times btw. I think we're at 13 now since this image isn't updated.

It exists outside the universe in Its true form. It somehow sent a part of Itself to earth because It knew that one day in the far far future humans would come to exist, and their complex imaginations would make them Its preferred source of food

Not that I know of. The best I've ever managed to visualize is an infinite spider/worm made of orange light that is also somehow "hairy."

Hey, how exactly is a rainbow made?
How exactly does the sun set?
How exactly does the posi-trac rear end on a Plymouth work!?

It just does. It just does.