Just finished watching this. What the fuck happened with season 5? It just felt so flat

Just finished watching this. What the fuck happened with season 5? It just felt so flat...
>Cuba plotline just serves to introduce "Nucky's girl who gets killed #23"
>Arnold Rothstein just dies between s4 and s5
>Margaret, one of the most important characters in the show, is a complete afterthought in s4 and s5
>Daughter Maitland's future is a mystery
>Arquimedes just shows up and gets killed a couple episodes later
>Mickey Doyle, Narcise and Van Alden get killed because fuck actually writing good endings for them
>Will gets released from captivity and just goes back to work, never mentioned again
>Eli loses everything but he gets a ton of money so we're supposed to believe it's a good ending for him
>Nucky gets shot by Tommy in the same place he shot Jimmy because muh poetic justice
>The flashbacks show Nucky handing over Gillian to Commodore just to be sheriff, causing the audience to lose all sympathy towards him and not care that he dies

It was an undignified ending because TW and HBO wanted to move on to Vinyl as quick as possible. Originally they wanted six seasons, with a season taking place in 1928 to show the fall of AR. Also, Jimmy was supposed to last until season 3 but Michael Pitt was a junkie who became untenable so they had to kill him off early. I agree it's the worst season but some of your points I disagree with.
>Margaret becomes a pretty central figure in season 5 and definitely has the best ending of the characters by far
>Eli totally does have a good ending. He gets to start over
>Narcisse, Van Alden, and Doyle didn't deserve good endings. ESPECIALLY Narcisse for what he did to Chalky.
>Arquimades was cool and though I wish he had a little more development I enjoyed his presence very much

>Eli loses everything but he gets a ton of money so we're supposed to believe it's a good ending for him
>we're supposed to believe it's a good ending for him

Confirmed for not understanding the show. They didn't get renewed for a sixth season so thry had to wrap it up in ten episodes, that's why it felt rushed.

>Vinyl

Van Alden had a pretty good ending imo. He went out screaming in Capone's face and scaring the shit out of him, and his death even leads to Capone getting jailed in a roundabout way. I don't remember the details of Chalky's sacrifice but that felt a lot more half-assed

I didn't mean good as in sunshine and unicorns, I meant good as in meaningful. Narcise just being shot doesn't feel like him getting comeuppance. I didn't know about Michael Pitt being a junky, I really liked his character here and his work on Hannibal.

>Narcise just being shot doesn't feel like him getting comeuppance.
Think of the scene between him, Lucky, and Lansky in 502 (or 3 I forget). Narcisses is all puffed up acting like he still runs things. Then in the finale, he is gunned down by Italians in a wholly undignified fashion in front of his entire congregation IN Harlem. It is an entirely fitting ending to demonstrate how things have changed.

Chalky agrees to help Narcise if he gets Daughter some singing gigs and then kills him.

That makes sense, but the problem is we don't actually see Narcise running anything besides a cathouse.

season 5 was so sweaty

for some reason this show always felt kind of hollow to me. I can't put my finger on it but it seems like all the ingredients of shows like deadwood or the sopranos but the emotional payoffs were never there for me. It had hilarious moments though. Van Alden got a beautiful and fitting end.

what about his plays, his lectures, all that stuff with the deacon in season 4? he's a black doctor in 192x. He has more sway in the black community than anybody black in that show.

Jimmy died too early

Chalky's death was probably the classiest way to kill off such an established character.

I'm tempted to rewatch this but there's so much shit about it I never liked.

The show died with Jimmy.

>he's a jimmyfag

jimmyfags pls go

season 3 is the best

>jimmyfag

show only got better after he died

Best villain is introduced after Jimmy dies senpai

>what happened with season 5
terence winter got bored with the show and decided to end it quickly

jimmy was shit jimmyfag

>this jimmyfag actually thinks jimmy was a good character

Top 3 most hated characters?

1. Owen
2. Muy Cheeldren
3. Jimmy

nucky is honestly a really shitty character

leave jimmyfag

season 3 was so much better

1. Muh chillren
2. Meyer Jewski
3. Gillian

The show was never good

>people like s3
It almost made me drop the show

1. Rothstein
2. Harrow
3. Van Alden

let me guess your favorites are

1. paz de la heurta
2. muy cheelrin
3. gillian

Damn I'm tired I thought it was favorites characters.

Most hated were:
1. Gillian
2. Slater
3. Margaret

Why do you guys hate Owen? He's not a cunt like half the characters...

This, the scene where he kills the traitor in the bathroom is stressful.

the last two seasons were simply job security for everyone involved

all the sets were destroyed in the jersey stormsurge
literally nothing left to shoot in front of or in
shoulda just cancelled it.. its like trying to make Sopranos without Tony's house or the Bing or Sal's

>Slater
i hated MOY CHEELDREN and i hated her love triangle with owen. his storyline was crap

> how do I know you will follow through
You have my word
> but how do I KNOW
believe it. And it will be so

KiN0 ending

poor first poster didn't get any (You)'s

Goddamn, between that and the Michael Pitt being a junky thing it feels like this show was cursed.

>Arquimades
I was upset when he died. he was awesome

>Why do you guys hate Owen?
>>Slater
>i hated MOY CHEELDREN and i hated her love triangle with owen

I disliked him for mostly the same reason, and also choose him over Lucy to not have a full women most hated characters.

was pretty spot o if it was my most hated character list desu, kinda funny how he replied to my post.

the writers had NO clue what to do with the show, that's the real issue. It was already happening during season 2. All the pointless plotlines, all the filler. And don't give me the bullshit m-muh michael pitt or muh sets. The Sopranos lost livia's actress, she fucking died, and Chase planned a lot of shit for her character. And what ,did the show went to shit? No, so don't give the writers excuses. All the writers, they were hacks. They had everything, good actors, good network, and they did nothing with it. Fuck Terence Winter and his writers staff.

>choose him over Lucy to not have a full women most hated characters
I forgot all about her, but I hated her too. The way she slurred every line was so annoying, and according to IMDB she was fired because she kept showing up drunk, which would explain her retarded way of speaking.

>she was fired because she kept showing up drunk, which would explain her retarded way of speaking.

Lel, I thought she was legitimately retarded by her face and by how she speaked.

>>The flashbacks show Nucky handing over Gillian to Commodore just to be sheriff, causing the audience to lose all sympathy towards him and not care that he dies

That part was the best moment of the season, because it seems for all the world that the whole season's going to look back at Nucky's past, garner sympathy for him and let him die a heroic death. But then we see that he handed Gillian over to the Commodore, so when the death at the end comes, he deserves it completely.

How come every tv show has unlikable women characters? Think about every acclaimed show, no one likes the women and they're remember as the worst parts of those shows

Kate from Lost
Skyler from Breaking Bad
Every female character in BWE

I just googled "most annoying tv characters of all time and 80% of them are women.

cause they always bitchin

Jimmy died in the trenches. I thought you knew that?

what a forgettable show

Top 3 favorite characters:

Gyp Rosetti
Joe the Boss
Jimmy Darmody

The Florida chick in BWE wasn't bad

i dont remember the plotlines at all but i remember good characters. boardwalk has more compelling characters than the wire

Oh, and Billie Kent wasn't bad either and she was a grade A qt pie

>What the fuck happened with season 5?
Game of thrones needed bigger budget

When they killed off Pitt at the end of season 2 I honestly thought that was going to be the end of the show. Season 3 was excellent though, just great. I don't really remember season 5.

Mr. Thompson is a part of everything. He is in the sky and sea. He is in the dreams of children at night. He is all that there is, forever.

it was ridiculous how they just skipped over so much shit like Rothstein dying and Luciano surviving that murder attempt

Even though it was rushed Season 5 was a great pleb filter. It shows if you understood what the show was really about.

I think the entire show was a pretty good pleb filter, especially after Jimmy died.

>mfw Eddie jumped

tfw gillian will never desperately try to hand you an abbazabba

fucking Eddie man