Memes aside, is this movie actually good enough to see it in theater or I should just wait for Bluray?

Memes aside, is this movie actually good enough to see it in theater or I should just wait for Bluray?

Is this as "So bad that's good" than the 1990 one with Tim Curry or it's actually too serious?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=houP7mAjZ0o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's pretty good actually, I just wish they'd relied less on the CGI because the parts where Bill Skarsgard does physical acting are pretty impressive

Seriously great film. The theater is the ideal place to see it. Check it out.

It's a cute movie. Goonies with murder.

It's pretty fucking good. I'd classify it more as dark fantasy than horror, although there's a decent scare or three to be had as well.

Fuck off shills. Your movie was shit and you know it

Fuck off loser
Anyway, yeah it's a good movie. Some of the cgi is a little off but that's ok, Pennywise is enjoyable. I'd see it, support it so we get a part 2

I thought it was just ok. It was never actually scary to me and all of the horror scenes felt kind of flat. I thought Pennywise was cool and the kids were funny and well acted

personally I'd wait for the blu-ray. It's another jump scare + loud noise flick, but it does have good effects

Go watch some more camrips, poorfag.

>me faggot shill meme
Kill yourself.

>I don't like a movie
>Everyone that does like it is a shill
The absolute state of Sup Forums

It's good but I'd wait, people in my theater were obnoxious as fuck

It's good enough to see in theaters. The sound is very good and worth experiencing with theater sound.

I am a pretentious film snob and I hated it, and I saw it with a friend with much more mainstream taste than me and he hated it too.

Seems everyone loves it though.

Still anushurt that the movie is kino huh?

It's good enough to see in the theater. Pennywise is great, Finn is great, the movie is really fun

>the movie is kino
What the fuck does this even mean anymore? If 'It' is kino, then kino has lost any meaning it once had here. It is a loud blockbuster driven by jump scares. Most people who like it do so on the basis of it being a fun popcorn movie. There's nothing smart or particularly creative about it.

He said memes aside user

>not going to a midday showing in the middle of the week to avoid crowds
My theater had maybe 10 people in it and was a fantastic experience.

Kino means the same as always, high quality movie. Like It (2017), i.e.

>not watching Sophia undress in theaters

My theater was only me and one other guy. He left halfway through.

I watched it with my normie friends and it was fun, but now I need to see it again because people wouldn't shut the fuck up. I've never seen a movie so well received by the people

What the fuck it's pretty average
I'm not saying it's bad but it's not "awesome" or something
It's ok, VERY overhyped.

It's overhyped but it's well above average.

I didn't even consider it a straight up horror movie, it felt more like a fantasy movie to me. And as a fantasy, it's great.

Definitely worth the time. The kids sell it.

>IT tries to scare her
>ends up being stupid loooking
>Bev is no longer scared due to the dance
>IT can't kill Bev

K I N O

Something that didn't make sense to me at all in this movie. SPOILERS When Georgie goes missing there's no trace of him, yet the father is adamant that he's confirmed dead. Also, how does Billy even know he went down into the sewer?

The lady who was outside and saw him was supposed to make a report to the police saying the last known area was him in front of the sewer.

>little brother falls through sewer grate
>haven't seen or heard of his body for at least half a year
gee user I wonder why

That would have made sense but in the movie we got she didn't seem to give a shit.

>little brother falls through sewer grate
But how do they know that? Even if it did make sense why wouldn't they be concerned with finding his body?

The pacing is kinda slow at times (which is not good for a horror movie). In a theater you tend to feel the bored vibe from everyone there, so not really theater material. You'd probably enjoy it more at home.

It's not on the same level as seeing something thoroughly intense or enjoyable in a theater like Aliens, T2, Jurassic Park, Saving Private Ryan, The Blair Witch Project, The Matrix, Kill Bill Vol. 1 (Vol. 2 was better enjoyed at home, if you catch my drift). Still a good movie, but you know, the audience can ruin it for you.

The pacing is fine. They perfectly space out the spooks with the character development.

In the book they explain how IT fucks with the townspeoples minds to either overlook or forget about the murders

Do people in america talk and clap during movies? I know niggers are obnoxious, but that hardly counts anymore.
But in general, do people like laugh out loud, or clap or talk during screenings?
I go to the cinema here in Denmark, probably like once every month, unless there's nothing worth it, and I have never been disturbed during a show.

SHILLS BTFO, ABSOLUTELY NO DEFENSE, TOP FUCKING KEK

Why am I crying

>movie literally goes out of it's way to show an old lady go out of her door, in a wide and slow shot, look at Goergie in front of the sewer, then have a shot of her expression as she looks at him, and then go in, only to hear his screams and go out again and not see him
>"how did they knows goergie coudl hav fallen into swers?"

Jesus Christ how dumb do people even have to be not to understand this?

No, really, you guys must seriously have to be pretending to be retarded, this is impossible, no one is this dumb.

I disagree. The movie is quite meta.
>clown pursues kids
>kids make dick jokes
>clown pursues kids
>kids meet girl and make pussy jokes
>clown pursues kids
>bully is an asshole
>clown pursues kids
>some character development occurs
>clown pursues kids

The thing is at least in the Elm Street series Freddy Krueger came up with some really original shit. In IT, the clown just pops up with red balloons and sharp teefs.

defense against what? you just posted a camrip from a scene in the movie.

Don't get mad because you don't have friends to go with. Fuckin loser lmao

Sweden is grabbing you, so you feel dirty. Sorry. Icebro

When I saw IT the only black guy in the theater there who looked furiously bored through the whole movie clapped his hands at the end ironically since Mike the black kid in the movie was the least developed character in the movie. Maybe the black guy clapped because nobody called Mike a "nigger" in the movie. I dunno. People perplex me sometimes.

me at the club

When I went there were a ton of white teenage girls and some niggers along with regular people, the white girls were the obnoxious ones

Not even kidding - that's how IT actually is in the books - a very powerful, but not terribly bright entity. It's not very imaginative, nor even all that intelligent by human standards. Essentially. it's the god of bullies.

I don't get it, everywhere I've read it said this movie isn't scary

Saw it yesterday at midnight function

I thought It was actually not slow paced enough. Or maybe slow is not the word for it? Patient? I have problems with american horror because it usually has a poor rhythm and is too clearly split into lull, buildup and action phases.

I-i liked that scene. Loved the stabilization

Oh, makes sense why I'm holding onto big bro Norway then.

The non horror stuff with the kids was great but almost all of the parts that were supposed to be scary failed at doing so. Unless you are easily scared by loud, generic, and obvious jump scares. Which sucks because I actually liked skaarsgard's performance as pennywise, I wish they let him actually interact with the children more instead of just having him run around yelling and spewing CGI all over the place. I did kinda enjoy how creative and over the top some of the scary bits were in an evil dead sort of way and I imagine if I was still the same age as the kids in the movie then I would have loved this movie but I don't enjoy jump scares anymore so I wasn't able to enjoy the film fully. All in all I still had fun watching the movie which I can't say for a lot of popular horror films so I'd give it a 7/10. Maybe have some drinks and see it with friends but if you can't do that then I would recommend waiting for the Blu Ray

I think I'm the only person in North America who has no fucks to give over this movie.

This is the first movie in years I've thoroughly enjoyed from the beginning to end.

Your trophy is in the mail

>Derry started off as a beaver trapping town
>IT STILL IS, AMIRITE?
Holy shit every time froggy opened his mouth I was dying

>I actually liked skaarsgard's performance as pennywise, I wish they let him actually interact with the children more instead of just having him run around yelling and spewing CGI all over the place
A significant difference between Pennywise's character in this and the old one that I noticed is that 2017 Pennywise has an air of desperation and hurry to him. Like he doesn't have the luxury to casually scare and humiliate his victims that Curry's Pennywise did. Pennywise in the bushes waving that torn off arm was the most Curry-esque moment he had in the movie.

I felt the same way about Darth Maul. A villain should own a fucking movie with dialogue like Heath Ledger did in The Dark Knight. A villain who just does shit and says nothing juicy leaves a lot to be desired.

I personally liked the new version of Pennywise. Everyone calls him "too edgy", "tryhard", "not subtle enough" etc. but I dunno, I think he's cute. Also I really like his costume.

Not even being sarcastic. I loved his lazy eye. It made him seem more alien like his eyes aren't actually where he's looking out of

>is that 2017 Pennywise has an air of desperation and hurry to him
Well yeah. He only gets to eat every 27 years.

I thought it was worth admission. A solid B, maybe B+. Reliant on jumpscares, but can be creepy when it wants to be. Think "The Goonies" meets "Evil Dead 2"

I'm a spic and I didn't understand this joke. Someone care to break it down for me?

The best thing about that is it means that he's always got one eye on you, the audience. If you cover half of his face, he's either looking at what's on screen, or he's looking past it at you. And that's just fucking creepy

beaver is another word for lady's body parts

The part I loved most in the movie was the basement probably when after using Georgie as a hand puppet and rushing towards Bill IT just kind of slithered away like a slug with his eyes rolled back. Only the audience saw it and to me it added a lot to the notion that IT is actually something entirely else wearing a clown's skin. As if he doesn't even try to act human when there's no one else around.

>Think "The Goonies" meets "Evil Dead 2"
That sounds fucking awesome

Does "Ca Ca" really mean shit in spanish, senor?

Yes, but in a cutesy way. Like poop.
Shit would be mierda.

he IS precious, I mean how could you not want to protect this smile?

Thank you kind señora.

I have to say a it's really, really accurate way of describing the movie.

Yeah.
Kids usually say caca.
Like kids say doodoo in English.

The black family next to me were screaming their heads off at every scare. It was funny

Señora??
¿Mi pelo largo lo regaló?

youtube.com/watch?v=houP7mAjZ0o

>Memes aside, is this movie actually good enough to see it in theater or I should just wait for Bluray?

you should never, ever go see a movie in the theater
unless this movie furthers your desire to have sex with someone

You're a little shill

elaborate

More like The Goonies mixed with the first A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors than Evil Dead 2.

I think its in the same boat as the "THING" remake for me. Not bad enough to point that you hate it but not "good" either.

Everytime the CGI is on screen you want it to be off

its not Scary at all. Its similar to Cabin in the Woods where it has all the elements of a horror film without truly being one instead being more of a extremely dark semi-comedy

very repetitive and the jump scares were eye rolling

the Goblin-Shark teeth trick wore itself thin after the 3rd time.

very odd pacing and sometimes nonsensical like how IT first introduces itself to the loser at completely unrelated random intervals in broad daylight or when the kids would just suddenly start spouting exposition summarizing everything about IT abruptly instead of letting viewers figure it out (Show dont Tell) dont " HE WAKES UP EVERY 27 YEARS AND THEN PEOPLE GO MISSING AND THEN HIS LAIR IS WELL IN THE MIDDLE OF TOW-"

Skarsgard acting really fucking sold it. Everytime Pennywise was interacting with the kids it was a fucking riot. like him teasing to bite off the kids hand, his silly run/dash he does to scare Bill out of the basement or the Cheerleader jump off the stage as seen in into outright mocking Bev with fake crying

Normally I would give this movie like a 4/10 but Skarsgard alone makes me move this up to a 6.5/10 . Its a fun flick but not scary. you wont really regret it just for the sheer memes within it.

>I think its in the same boat as the "THING" remake
Except it was actually good

No need for defense, you didn't provide any arguments

Do you realize the book is not scary too?
The whole IT concept is more tied to fantasy than horror.

This. Jesus. Saying "hurr its not scary" is missing the fucking point.

This movie was like 50% teenage raunchy comedy and 50% jumps are horror.

Seriously they way fucking overused Ritchie for the comedic relief.

Beep beep user

It wasn't ever really scary, so I'd say the movie matches up pretty well

I would compare it to something like Gremlins that has lots of horror elements but is more of just a fun, creepy romp

It was better than expected. Not amazing or anything but pretty okay.

My question is how are they going to pull off chapter 2? The adult portion of the story is incredibly boring. It's bound to suck

I loved that shit. I also liked the way his eyes rolled to the sides when he feeds. It really added that alien animal vibe to him.

like half could be town history, plus dont forget the adult part is where Penny starts flat out interacting with them so that could be fun, plus cram in some bully

just go on tuesday when it's $5 ticket day at your local amc theater with your amc stubs card

Pretty much this. I'd even be down with an extended intro delving into Derry's past in Mike's unauthorized history. Show us more of the nasty shit.

>My question is how are they going to pull off chapter 2? The adult portion of the story is incredibly boring. It's bound to suck
They should have all the characters be replaced with adult actors except Wolf Finnboard. Like, provide no explanation, he's playing his character as an adult, no one comments on it. Just have him in there.

A lot of the book's most entertaining moments come from when Pennywise is interacting with them as adults- cocky because It's sure they can't defeat him.
I'm hyped for the Mrs Kersh scene.

Who's Wolf Finnknock?

I saw it in my area's cheapest theatre where I paid six bucks for a ticket so I left pretty satisfied, though it is by no means a good movie. It's okay, has some great effects and acting from some of the kids. The director had either no idea what he wanted the tone to be or doesn't care about it. There's moments where I bursted out laughing in confusion at what the fuck I was watching is this supposed to be a comedy? It's a standard American fall season horror film so it's riddled with jump scares and eerie violin. I'd wait for it to be available for rent watch it with some friends over beers, or by yourself with some beers. Chapter 2 is gonna suck so much dick though.