Does the constant consumption of caffeine make you stupid, Sup Forums?

Does the constant consumption of caffeine make you stupid, Sup Forums?

Like a lot of things it depends on the amount you consume. If you grab a cup of coffee in the morning then it won't really matter, but problems will start occuring when you develop caffeine dependancy and you can't get your fix for whatever reason.

Taking a cup 'a joe when you're really tired or hungover or need to focus is fine, but regular overconsumption isn't advisable.

Well the reason I ask is because I'm a soda addict, and my caffeine consumption has been through the roof the past few weeks. I'm drinking like 6 a day. I feel ok though. I can sleep fine too. But I am afraid of all this chemical shit going into my head.

And before anyone asks - I weigh 165 pounds and I jog and drink plenty of water. I'm not a lard ass.

No joke, I was a lifeless zombie who thought the world was an unrelenting HELL before I found caffeine.
I am not exaggerating, I joined the army because I saw on TV a bit on how "US troops are dying in Iraq" and thought "OH MAN THAT SOUNDS GREAT I GOTTA GET ME SOME OF THAT" and signed up
I was so fucking unbelievably negative, hateful about everything, nihilistic, laughably edgy, had gay feelings, wanted to cut up women's cunts with a knife, and just a complete disaster of a human being.

I do NOT like my pre caffeinated existence.

I got off caffeine once years later, I didn't feel bad like I used to, just didn't feel much of anything at all. Normally lively, warm, and friendly, after the caffeine withdrawal left me I just seemed a lifeless zombie and was asked 50 times a day by different people "ARE YOU OK? WHAT'S WRONG? WHY DO YOU SEEM SO SAD?"

wasn't fucking sad, wasn't fucking sleepy, just a boring emotionless husk

life without caffeine is not worth living

I hate coffe addicts.
I hate their breath.
I hate their arguments.
Theyre primitive

Your teeth will rot before caffeine fucks you over, soda is the devil

> former 1,5 liter cola a day addict here, switched to coffee to have a chance of actually having natural teeth when I get to 40

and for the record I don't think a lack of caffeine alone was what fucked me up originally, I got on anti depression meds at about the same time, and was taking them when I got off caffeine as well, hence probably why I didn't go back to being an edgy emotionless liberal pervert, but not sure.

but I have absolute faith in the fact that we are creatures of chemistry

I mean honestly maybe you need an antidepressant instead of caffeine. It sounds like there is a chemical imbalance in your brain.

Did you know that caffeine can trigger cycling in those with bipolar disorder? Definitely go to a psychologist and tell him about that shit. Mental health is nothing to fuck with.

But if you do feel really good with caffeine I guess you may as well stay on it.

Anyways, as neat as your personal experience is, I'm still wondering what the long term effects of caffeine are in terms of intelligence.

Maybe that's my problem, I need caffeine. I'm in the Marine Corps and I'm very negative and nilistic, and I get asked "are you okay/why are you sad" so many times a day I just want to skullfuck people because they haven't been able to come to the understanding that my resting face just looks sad and I want people to fuck off. It pisses my friends off too. Maybe I'll try drinking coffee in the morning and throughout the day and see if it helps.

I think it would be best to rely on your own energy rather than having the coffee training wheels there. It's not a massive detriment, but it's also easy to give up so you might as well. Soon enough you'll find yourself perking up naturally without any down sides.

I know where you're coming from, OP, I used to drink a liter of cola a day and I noticed myself becoming more agitated and restless whenever I ran out of cola and had to switch to tapwater.

I've started building it down to 4.5 liters a week by buying fewer bottles whenever I go to get groceries.

It is in your best interest to at least cut down, as repeated exposure to caffeine will lower its effect in time and require bigger amounts to boost its effect, if not outright prevent the addiction you develop from bothering you, which fucks with you mentally.

It's similar to how obese people develop insulin insensitivity (Type II Diabetes) due to the extreme amounts of sugar they consume, overconsume and the body reacts to it.

I'm thinking of switching to green tea. I've tried it for some weeks and generally felt fine, but I'm not sure if there was an actual improvement in my well-being compared to the time when I consumed much more coffee. Can anyone tell me if green tea is a good substitute?

It's funny how coffee coincided with the age of enlightenment.

I've also had problems speaking as well and thinking straight for a long time now, but I've always chalked that up to aspergers and my developmental disorders I had in childhood. Some days are better than others. Now I'm starting to wonder if quitting caffeine would help me have a better mind.

Like all drugs, caffeine is for degenerate faggots.

Doing 50 pushups and then screaming at the top of your lungs for 15-30 seconds gives you a 3 hour energy boost.

I feel sorry for people who are so cucked by their surrounding humans that they will never be able to do something like that without the cops being called. Feels good living alone in a giant house on 50 acres.

>I mean honestly maybe you need an antidepressant instead of caffeine.

As I said in my post I do take antidepressants. When I got off caffeine, during the withdrawal period I was still me, and after the withdrawal period I was viewed as a depressed husk, though I did not feel "bad" or anything, just bored and dull witted.

I can't overstate how weird that experience was -- inside I felt like I was still me, but everyone reacted to me like I was catastrophically depressed. I do have strong depression, but while I am on meds and caffeine noone notices and classmates, coworkers, etc. always say I'm as lively and fun loving a guy as they know, regardless of what state of pain I'm in.

Life is bafflingly strange...

>I'm still wondering what the long term effects of caffeine are in terms of intelligence.

Caffeine helps people with Alzheimer's Disease etc. I never knew my grandfather except in that state, I wonder if he was given caffeine if he could have a slight degree of greater normalcy.

I've been drinking green and black tea for 12 years now. It doesn't have the "kick" you get from coffee but you don't crash after.

>I drink tons of soda
You're fat. not heavy but probably skinnyfat, standard pol body type. Pathetic.why don't you take care of your body instead of regurgitating opinions you read on fourchinz. You are waste

DON'T TALK TO ME UNTIL I'VE HAD MY COFFEE XDD

stimulants are 100% repilled drugs
coffee, amphetamine, meth: they're all very, very good for you in moderation
what do you think Nazis were humming on in 1943?

all the propaganda about stimulants is Jewish tricks to keep you from opening your third eye

the issue with meth is less overstimulation and more its made from nasty garbage

not going to argue meth is good for you but inferior grade meth has bad shit in it

Chances are that the caffeine addiction might be affecting your mind in some way, as the thread's pic states, caffeine affects fine motor movement, which can include the tongue. Anxiety is also mentioned on the pic, which might explain why you're having issues thinking straight.

There's an alternative to a pick-me-up that doesn't require caffeine or drugs. What you could try is drinking a glass of cold water in the morning while you're waking up. After a few weeks your brain associates cold water with waking up, and every time you drink cold water you can notice yourself becoming more alert. Pavlov appears to be applicable to humans as well.

I couldn't live if I didn't guzzle down water when I woke up to replace that which I lost in my sleep.

I do suffer from axiety and i'm not very steady (i shake).
But for some reason my teeth are perfectly fine, i'm very skinny (1.70m./58kg.) and my blood pressure is fine.

I sometimes drink as much as a litter in a day, just a can or sometimes nothing at all. I also do ocassional no soda weeks.

And no. Although it slightly depresses working memory it induces suboptimal alertness which overall improves memory. There's also studies that suggest it prevents cognitive decline in adults.
>caffeine affects fine motor movement, which can include the tongue.
Only in excessively high doses

Surprisingly my teeth are perfect too and I'm 35.

Soda contains phosphoric acid which will slowly erode tooth enamel. High fructose corn syrup will prevent your body from realizing it's had too much sugar. Aspartame will fuck up your synapses and cloud your brain. If you need the stimulation, you're much better off with black coffee or unsweet tea.

yes, it affects the rebuilding and maintenance of the brain through the interruption of cholesterol creation/absorption.

There's some good aspartame, HFCS, phosphoric acid free sodas out there. Admittedly you have to dredge through the scum of whole foods to find them, but they do the trick.

No, but posting pictures for ants indicates that you are stupid.

I have the same problem. It was easier to quit smoking than to quit caffeine, which i still didnt. I get some crippling depression, inability to think, lethargy and so on whenever i try to quit coffee.

I don't drink caffeine anymore because I'm pregnant waking up is hard though and so is shitting

I struggled with quitting caffeine for a while. I would quit, but then inevitably relapse after a while.

However this time I have found it easy, because I replaced it with herbal teas. Turns out that I just wanted something hot to drink, and that the caffeine didn't matter (after the dependency wore off anyway, which takes 1-2 weeks).

I drink black coffee continuously all day

are you anorexic

this

You stupid fuck, there is caffeine in tea

Barista here:

Probably drink somewhere in the region of 12 shots of coffee a day for the last four years between setting the grind, cupping, checking consistency, etc

I get a headache and feel a bit iffy when I don't have my morning cup but I never have any issues beside that. I would say if anything I tend to lack focus a majority of the time because Im a retarded Millennial with the attention span of a gold fish from playing too many Japanese hentai simulators.

Probably worth trying to drop it for a time to see if I feel any difference in my concentration levels since I recently escaped the social media Jew with little improvement but I really don't think its as dangerous as people make out

No. It's just my drink of choice along with water. I have such a huge tolerance to caffeine that it doesn't really have much of an impact on me anymore

Read: 'Herbal teas' you absolute fucking retard lmao

I've never even tried a caffeine before, am I missing out?

>herbal tea

You dumb or something? Lol herbal teas are naturally caffeine free.

For me, it massively improves my ability to concentrate, interest level, friendliness, wit, sex drive, etc. See YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY

We only drink the non-faggy kind of coffee - the kind they ship to agoraphobia - so it results in being redpilled by the red can

I have tendinitis in my wrists/knees. I can't work out at all.

Caffeine is a based drug, just dont be stupid and get addicted. Although even then withdrawal and resetting of tolerance only takes 48 hours.

Also dont be a tool who only talks about "artisan coffee".

Unless that's temporary its probably not tendonitis and is probably arthritic, go get it checked out because they can just get rid off that nowadays.

Is it a myth that you sometimes give free coffee to hot customers? Most i ever got was a free stamp which puts me at a solid 2.

i feel this way about my tea, i cannot function properly without it. Weird because coffee is alright but tea is like a million times better even though its weaker caffeine-wise

Is the beetus killing your eyes?
perfectly readable

Lol i bet youre a miserable virgin fuck. Lighten up and stop taking life so seriously

Gives me brain fog and weakens my memory. I forget words all of the time with caffeine.

life without caffeine is better desu desu
relying on drugs is a cuck out and makes you look like a pussy

It's been diagnosed. I had mris.
Actually I had surgery on the tendons in my wrists and got tendinitis from running so much(used to be a boxer)
Just thought saying tendinitis would be faster I guess. Also my brother has arthritis so I would know what it feels like.
I definitely don't have it, but I don't have a car either so walking/running(if I am late which is more often than not) delays the healing process in my knees. I have no idea if they'll heal...

that's neet buddy

Stop drinking shitty moldy coffee. Those are all symptoms of mycotoxicity.

Morning and afternoon coffee are basically the only two things keeping me sane and alive.

There is almost nothing I enjoy more than drinking those cozy cups of coffee

Are you me? Holy shit, I wanted to write the same thing.

you really do not need caffeine. I hate the stuff.

If you want high energy levels, abstain from dairy. Dairy makes mucus thicker, which impedes breathing during sleep. This deprives your body of oxygen during sleep and makes you fatigued during the day.

I don't drink coffee, but I do drink plenty of tea, like two cups of earl grey daily, sometims three. Is that too much?