ITT: Movies that were way ahead of their time

post em

This particular movie touches upon topics that are still too early to get the complete gist of. But if you think about it, it actually predicted the current state of affairs of today's society, and possibly the future as well if the trends continue as they do

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/35DSdw7dHjs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>youtu.be/35DSdw7dHjs

this is the most "tumblr" movie that has ever been made
the acting is also laughably bad

There is some truth to this. It took me years to find something equally pretentious.

>Cloud Atlas is now hated by Sup Forums

Go back to your GoT threads you newfags.

It is by no means pretentious. Provocative and out-of-the-box creativity more likely. Pretentious would mean it wants to represent itself as something other than it is.

I don't hate it, but how much ahead of its time can a movie that came out 5 years ago be?

>This particular movie touches upon topics that are still too early to get the complete gist of. But if you think about it, it actually predicted the current state of affairs of today's society, and possibly the future as well if the trends continue as they do

It's a good movie, but jesus christ asshole

>my assessment of my life is deeply wounded by my pathological personality, so i can't enjoy anything through which I can't propagate my ideology the post
Lol enjoy college. It's a great movie though.

Corporate exploitation of it's workers, how it becomes a universal provider of food, entertainment and work force by fucking using people as disposable waste?

Then all of this wrapped in the idea that all of the exploitation that happens between humans is just an ordinary historic evolutionary cycle of birth and death. Like the far future was some high tech place, which ended up in people going back to primitive hunter-gatherer societies.

The movie particularly comes often in my head after getting employed myself at a global corporation that does just that. Dehumanizes workers, treats customers as nothing but consumers in the name of profit.

It's a movie that showed what's going to happen to the world in the future, but people don't understand that yet. I can imagine 50 years from now people will look like it as a prophetical classic

>Pretentious would mean it wants to represent itself as something other than it is.

Which is exactly what it does. It clinges onto the gimmicks associated with ambitious cinema (actors playing multiple roles, having parallel and intertwined stories / universes) without putting any thought into reasoning behind them.

It's what you get when you attempt to show off your "Provocative and out-of-the-box creativity" when you're 12 years old.

No matter how much effort you put into something, it comes off as cringy and pathetic beacuse you are so desperate to impress people.

I thought it was a steaming pile of shit. I guess to each their own.

The only part I dislike is the make-up for the final segment of the Adam Ewing story.

It's meant to be this big emotional heartfelt moment, ruined by the "white" make-up on the asian actress making her looked deformed.

>REE REEE REEE STOP NOT LIKING THINGS I LIKE YOU'RE NEWFAGS YOU'RE FROM REDDIT YOU MUST LIKE GAME OF THRONES FOR SOME REASON
Come back when you get some taste you fucking FAGGOT

you are right. we do need to gas all the jews

This

Very average film

The book was capable of handling the unorthodox format, the film was not. The ultimate result was that it was stretched out until the whole thing was shallow. The unnecessary prevalence of action also distracted and took away from the overall quality.

Certain other elements ranged from awkward to poorly done.

>The book was capable of handling the unorthodox format, the film was not

Switch that, reverse it.

The book was worse than the film if only for the fact that the film ended after 2 hours and the book took a few days because I fell asleep every 5 minutes

Also, the nesting style of the book just made it more boring

It was no Hunger Games, that's for sure

Cloud Atlas
>muh racism is bad

>The movie particularly comes often in my head after getting employed myself at a global corporation that does just that. Dehumanizes workers, treats customers as nothing but consumers in the name of profit.
looks like elaborate trolls are back in the menu, boys.

>This particular movie touches upon topics that are still too early to get the complete gist of.

What the fuck are you on about?

It was unsubtle as fuck and nothing about its message was particularly original or groundbreaking.

A definitive example of "Baby's First "Deep" Film"

how to spot a newfag

Are you even trying Sup Forums?

Nope, it's just that nothing has changed and it's only worse.

The prosthetic makeup is laughably bad

You are such a fucking faggot, holy shit. Grow up, be a goddamn man.

I liked the retirement home bit. The rest was okay, but it is a very pretentious movie.

>Tolerate bosses treating you like shit for low pay
>Be grateful for it
>Take it up the ass
>Be a man

Is this what western males have developed the understanding of being a "man" ?

>The book was capable of handling the unorthodox format, the film was not.
The book was basically a collection of short stories that pretends to be some kind of interconnected narrative because collections of short stories from non-massively popular authors aren't easy to sell. The "format" in the book was literally that each story stopped halfway through and another one started. The movie did a lot more to try and tie stories together. That they managed to mostly seamlessly edited six completely tonally different plots into one movie without completely breaking pace or mood is an amazing achievement regardless how you feel about every other quality of the storyline.

c'mon bros

>Jason Momoa

What

Aquaman

Is this from the Miami Vice movie? it had top tier cinematography but nothing else. I'm having trouble remembering the plot.

Do you live in a cave?

It's called biting your tongue and providing for your family

>is an amazing achievement regardless how you feel about every other quality of the storyline.

Not particularly, it's the same story going through similar steps in different genres, one need only splice it together.

>Thinking you can afford a family as a wage cuck

Wait till you graduate highschool. You'll know what i mean.

>he doesn't have a garden and farm chickens
Let me guess you fell for the college meme

>Like the far future was some high tech place, which ended up in people going back to primitive hunter-gatherer societies.
Time Machine with Guy Pearce did it better

>He thinks living as a peasant is better than a wagecuck

westerners reaching new levels of poverty so severe, that they delude themselves into thinking that living a primitive, rudimentary life is something to be proud of

>I don't wanna be depressed slaving over a desk being talked down to by my boss
>LMAO LOOK AT THAT RETARD PROVIDNG FOR HIMSELF AT HIS LEISURE
>continue slaving at job and whine about it on a Caribbean caricature crafting site
How's that debt treating ya

Shit is getting pretty bad for the average worker, but it isn't bad enough that you have an excuse to not have a job, your complaints are coming out of a place of laziness, you don't actually care about the bigger picture because if you actually did you'd be trying to make a change instead of putting anything that demonizes companies on a pedestal and bitching about how the system is the reason you don't have a job.

On top of this, that movie isn't even centered on corporations being shitty, it has parts where they joke about carls junior and brawndo taking advantage of dumb people, but the main message of the movie is that natural selection doesn't take place in our society and so dumb people breed way faster than smart people, leading to a society of retards.

tl;dr get a fuckin job and stop looking for things that support your world view

Nice pseudo intellectualism. That movie was shallow and pretentious. It was alright, but tried way way too hard, and ended up being painfully average. Just like every other movie made by those two.

Planet of the apes

Its your typical mid 2000s movie but somehow hit the right tones in people, and the funny thing is I doubt the movie makers originally intended it so.

Same with Office Space, which earned "comedy if you are -22, horror if you are +22 of age" reputation