Now that the dust has LOOONG settled

ready to admit it was okay?

Garbage, and people should be banned for creating threads about this garbage.

Just let it die. and then let it stay dead.

>We need to show the fire nation that we believe in our beliefs just as much as they believe in theirs
>screwing up the story of Imprisoned
>screwing up the fight from Blue Spirit
>Explaining everything through Katara's narration
>Giving no flavour to the different bending styles at all
these are the ways the movie failed that I can name off the top of my head, it was not okay

Bitch don't even joke about that.

D E S I G N A T E D

Shyamalamadingdong pls go and stay go

>Fire Nation has heavy Japanese themes
>Make them all Indian and can't create their own fire
It's shit OP

good movie, good cartoon, i was happy with every thing.

you should all try being happy with some thing.

There's nothing ok about it you shit ass cock gobbler.

There is no defending this garbage, even in a ironic sense.

you're wrong but ok

You're not my Guy, pal.

I wish there was a commentary track like a Rifftrax track, but instead of riffing on the movie it was informative and explained the numerous discrepancies between the movie and the original TV series.

It was objectively shit if you never saw a single episode of Avatar. I know this because people I've shown it that never saw the Cartoon said "This is shit."

>And then I threw a rock at him!

I hate Shamalamadingdong and this movie so fucking much.

The man literally hasn't seen a single episode of the show.

Nigga, just don't.

>Retarded ass bending style when the show had a perfectly flowing bending style from the get go.

>Firebenders need to have a constant sense of fire, making the other bending nations look pants-on-head retarded.

>NO KOIZILLA representing how Aang is simultaneously a kid and the literal personification of nature in all its inhuman power.

Actually, if you watch the movie carefully, you'll know he's seen about four episodes of season 1

I want this meme to end.

Shamalyan's original script for the movie was was actually good based on the word of people who worked on the film.

The only reason it sucked as much as it did is because the executives messed with it and fucked it up.

this was probably the worst movie I ever saw

and not because it was not faithful to atla or whatever

just watch ANY behind the scenes clip and you'll actually know why

Aaaand ACTION! OK, that was great! One take is all we need, perfect! NEXT SCENE!

It was garbage, but I want them to make another one.

>and can't create their own fire
Jesus i forgot about that.

>Avatar has or will, reached that point where people are unironically trying to say it wasn't festering pile of shit and anyone who says otherwise is a parroting sheep who can't think for themselves and completely dismiss their opinions on criticisms because the greater public, for once had a similar view on something

Watch this movie again and pay careful attention to how many times sokka blinks

It's fucking zero

I stand by what I said the moment I saw it in that I think the avatar gang's review of The Ember Island Players sums it up perfectly:

>"That... wasn't a good play."
>"I'll say."
>"No kidding."
>"Horrible."
>"You said it."
>"But the effects were decent."

This movie switched it around so that the good guys were white and the bad guys were black.
Apparently they didn't think this was a problem at all.

I mean if earth benders were this weak in the cartoon then it would make sense why the fire benders were an actual threat.

Probably one of the only good decisions.

If you watched cartoon, you would be pissed about how they were skipping from one part to the other just to cram as much as they could in, making everything more shallow than a puddle.

If you never watched cartoon, You would find movie boring and nonsensical, nothing being explained, stuff happening because reasons.

It was pretty bad, this is what happens when you try to adapt an entire season into a single movie and then run out of time to fully flesh out your own original take on it.
>Oong

Fuck off M.Night. He got the fucking names and bending wrong. The bending itself is what should tip anyone off. It isn't some Naruto shot where you make weird gestures and hands signs then something happens. Bending is like a dance and the elements move with the character. The creators even went as far as to give all four nations distinct movements. Only a retard who didn't watch the show would do the Naruto shit.

Ironically the people who did the credits sequence did watch the show and got the bending right. I still remember being fucking baffled when I saw it.

I saw it before I ever watched the show and thought it was alright, then I watched it and was really disappointed in the movie.

>Fire Nation has heavy Japanese themes
i never understood this mindset, how in the hell do they seem in ANY way japanese other than possible obscure war history or anything?

Fucking M.Night thought he was too good to research and watch the cartoon he VOLUNTEERED to direct. The guy had no love for the source material and yet volunteered to get on this project to boost his dying career.

Zack Snyder makes shit movies but at least you can tell he loves the source material. At least you can tell he actually fucking sat down and read Watchmen.

I wouldn't be so pissed at this movie if it felt like he actually put some effort into it.

didn't he volunteer because his kids loved avatar or something?

Honestly, M. Night cannot direct action sequences. Like at all. All you have to do is take one look at that earthbender scene to confirm that. I get that he was trying to do a one take scene but it was so slow paced and horribly framed. It was like someone took a turn based RPG battle and filmed it in live action.

Architecture and practically everything about their culture. Earth Nation was chinese

>trying to be le kooky kontrarian
It was truly abysmal. No redeeming qualities, not even in a "so-bad-it's-good" capacity. Horribly boring, poorly paced, poorly written, poorly acted, poorly directed. I might be forgetting some things but you get the idea. I wouldn't even recommend this if you just wanted to get a bunch of friends together and make fun of something. It'd be like getting a bunch of friends together to make fun of paint drying.

I think the most obvious sign of this is how he "corrected" the name pronunciations. Like, who the fuck was that for? People who have actually seen the show, which is a large portion of the target audience, will immediately know that shit is wrong. He was just being an asshat. I'm convinced he actually hates Avatar with a passion and wanted to destroy any chances it had at a cinematic franchise.

But the effects weren't decent. Most of the bending looked really bad, which only made the characters appear weaker than they really are.

It had some nice visuals and locations, though. I liked the northern water tribe city.

In hindsight it's damn near impossible to do Avatar justice on film. There's a lot to cover, and it will never top the show. The silver lining to this is that no one will try again, and the show remains good

Everything from directing to script to lore changes were disastrous

That's what he claimed. I don't buy it because he would have at least tried to make something his kids wouldn't be embarrassed by.

The guy has a huge ego and likely wanted to save his dying career by jumping on the action movie bandwagon and hoping he'd get a franchise. That's why he volunteered to do and did After Earth after Last Airbender.

I wonder how many times he's submitted an application to Marvel Studios.

I'm suddenly reminded of that random wandering group of waterbenders that casually walked up to Zhao and drowned him onscreen. That was my favorite part.

>someone wasted time making this

Consider this: we are all wasting our time on this site right now, but with not even a mildly amusing gif to show for it.

Shyamalamadingdong is a hack

>wasted time

I've got over 300 confirmed shitposts

yeah, wasted time, because that sequence is just poor editing, those earthbenders raise a wall the moment after that gif stops

so some ignorant jackass wasted time making animation mocking the movie when he didn't pay attention to/watch the actual scene

Poor editing still makes it stupid, yes the large crowd made the wall, but why would they still be moving when the wall was already erected? Why was the rock shown before the person controlling it? Why were all the earthbenders imprisoned in a quarry?

You would have to specifically show most people what you're talking about. Most people thought the earthbender dance was moving the rock, because that's exactly what it looked like. You know this, you're just being pedantic.

Too bad no one lost their heads for this atrocity

Shyllamaman pls go.

Zack Snyder makes great movies though. Everything else in this post was correct.

If I thought like you, I'd kill myself.

they weren't black though they were indians

I wonder why m night made the fire nation all indians . Did he have a massive boner for the fire nation?

If only John Landis made this.

Probably, Zuko and Iroh is perhaps the favorites of many people, and it wouldn't be surprising if M. Night felt more strongly about Zuko than Aang

Then when you got an indian playing Zuko you got to make the rest of them indian as well, even if that means scraping the bottom of the barrel and replacing Jason Isaacs with that guy from the daily show

>Why were all the earthbenders imprisoned in a quarry?
This. wasn't the original on a steel ship, thus no earth.

Sucker Punch.

I haven't seen it, but generally he makes great movies and one bad movie doesn't invalidate the others.

When the one movie he's ever made that were an original idea, written entirely by him, is possibly one of the worst movies ever made, I don't think anyone should be talking about how great of a director he is.

What was better?

The Last Airbender or Dragon Ball Evolution?

It was an offshore steel platform powered by coal

Trick question, neither.

well if your metric is 'which makes a better drinking game', DBE

i bet you say the same about the Dragon Ball movie......

it doesn't feel that japanese at all

fuck that scene i was so fucking hype then a fucking small rock hit them

No.
>Firebenders nerfed despite being a """threat""" to the world still
>ONG
>Agni KEY
>Turning well-rounded characters into boring puppets that don't even resemble their show counterparts in looks beyond fancy costuming (some of which still look radically different)
>That "earthbending" scene
>etc

>ong

No, it was shit.

To this day no other movie has done to me what the last Airbender has

The scene where you had like, 6 earthbenders doing intense martial arts movements, only to make a single rock float across the screen remains the only scene in movie history where I laughed so hard I drooled on myself.

Nah,fire Nation is a mix of chinese-japanese style. Earth Nation is more Korean-mongol.
Water Nations are obviously eskimo an air benders are Tibetans.

>5 earthbenders to move a rock
Unforgivable.

Only movie that made me walk out of the theater.

I'm Asian. We don't say "Ang" like "Eng". But then fictional world, fictional rules.

ITT: idiots

m.night always cameos in his movies. Did he do that in this movie?

You know, if so many people have a hard time seeing what's really going on in a movie, a visual medium, then perhaps the movie is doing a poor job at its intended purpose?

You're not wrong, the directing was absolutely awful

Honestly the rock moves so slowly and is so small I'm wondering why people don't just throw rocks instead.

A catapult would also be more useful.

Fuck off M.Night. Your directing sucks. I will never be convinced those Earthbenders werent moving that rock.

I really do implore people to go watch the credits sequence for the movie. You know it's sad when the people who do the fucking credits know more about the source material(aka how Bending actually fucking works) than the director.

In the same vein of the Last Airbender, anyone remember the Aragon movie?
I'm still furious about it.

I could fucking carry that rock and throw it.

OK GUYS

WE ALL KNOW THAT THE MOVIE SUCKED.

Now lets do another thing with this thread? What would have you done?

>Which person should direct the movie?

>How would you writte and cut it, so the plot doesnt get rushed and chopped in the transition from serialized show into movie?

I find the latter almost impossible to work on, without cuting the first season into at least 2 movies.

For director, I would go with Del Toro, if someone can make this mess work, it is him.

I'd do it like how Ubisoft is going on with the Assassins Creed movie. Not make it a direct adaption of an existing story but just have the whole thing set in the Avatar universe with OCs. It'd be the Rogue One of Avatar.

Director? Zack Snyder since I know his nerdy autistic self would actually immerse himself in the universe.

Trash book makes a trash movie.

Nothing of value was lost except the viewers' time, all I could think about watching that piece of shit was how much that hack Tortellini stole from Star Wars.

>Zack Snyder since I know his nerdy autistic self would actually immerse himself in the universe.

And then completely misunderstand it.

I wouldn't make it into a movie, I don't feel that it adds anything.

I'd make the finale into a movie instead and have Joss Weedon direct
AoU was unbelievably bad but Serenity was amazing, I feel given proper time and assistance he could make a good Sozin's Comet movie

>Zack Snyder

Are you insane?

The entire movie being brown or monochrome would be shit.

All the characters basically communicating with one liners? Shit.

This is a terrible idea.

>Zack Snyder
>Wanting a grimdark Avatar

I can already picture it. At the end of the movie Zuko is captured by the fire nation and as he's being carried away "THE AVATAR HAS RETURNED, THE BELLS HAVE BEEN RUNG, RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING"

>Trash book
Them are fighting word
I haven't read it in years so it might be trash but that was the shit back them. So disappointed in the movie

Directed and written by Zack Snyder.

Architecturally, the Fire Nation was pretty blatantly Thai, with some Cambodia and Chinese thrown in there, it didn't really look Japanese at all.
There really isn't a whole lot about them that's actually traditionally Japanese, the biggest thing is the whole 'industrial island invades mainland to "SHARE PROSPERITY" ' angle, which is more about modern Japan than traditional japanese culture.

Even extreme drinking with a friend couldn't make this movie enjoyable. And I love me some extreme drinking and trash talking movies.

Bravo

world war 2 is obscure?