Silk #14 storytime

She escaped Civil War II, but she can't escape The Clone Conspiracy.

is cindy cute again?

I think this artist is better than Ford, at least.

with that schnoz he's more like jew jonah jameson

So is Cindy like just freaking or is this some sort of depression thing.

She needs a butterfly mask

I guess she got so used to being on the move and searching for her family all the time that she's finding it hard to unwind.

>One and Only

Lady there are like 5 before you even opened your mouth

>>>>""""One and only""""
>Wasn't even the only Spider-Woman when she was a thing

>kid
Isn't Cindy the same age as Peter, which would make her 10 years older than Mattie?

So Silk doesn't get force-fed sweets the entire issue?
Fucking cover.

bump

They'll become friends, right? :(

Man, I already feel sorry for Jonah, because there's no way this can end well.

Everyone for some reason treats Cindy like a child (though in this case it's not like Mattie knows who she is).

She can add her to her harem of Spider-Women.

Is it a fetish thing?

duh

I don't like this hector guy. She was great sleeping with Spidey.

>Jonah hugging people

Jay's passing really got to him huh

Also isn't his son like, in some forsaken island in the pacific hunting Carnage?

Granny hated hipsters before they were called hipsters.

inb4 she loses all her waldos in the scuffle because the artist is too lazy to draw them all the time

Wait, how can she color her costume?

she just can
the closest to an 'explanation' is that her powers lean more to the mystic side of things compared to Peter's which are more physical/psychic

>She was great sleeping with Spidey.

-said nobody, 2016

>Asian, so naturally has neotenous features
>Lived for like 82 years in an underground box, avoiding the sun's skin-aging rays
She probably looks MUCH younger than she actually is.

>Dermatologists HATE HER
>This woman spent ten years in a bunker, and when you see what happened you will too

For a while I was hoping that the ghost guy wasn't actually there, and Cindy had some kind of imaginary friend from the bunker thing.

Yes, this is the first time I've actually read this comic.

Same way she can spin Electro-proof webbing, I imagine. She just has whatever spider-themed power she wants.

Or, okay, in-universe explanation I'm making up off the top of my head, humans already produce melanin (black) and hemoglobin (red) in our bodies, right? So she's infusing the silk with those pigments as she spins it. There ya go.

Is this the same shitty artist who filled in on Gwenpool?

One of her powers is altering the color (and apparently, stickiness) of her webbing. Which is what she uses to make her costume, maybe her casual clothing too.

Pretty sure she created some temporary clothes for a couple of her friends a couple of issues back

Well, they are retractable.

Poor girl

It's a whole raison d'etre thing. Before Spider-Verse went into full swing Cindy was bent on finding out where her family was and what happened to them. Now that the mission's complete she's got this feeling of "now what" and it leaves her antsy.

Her webs are a miracle superpower that can conjure up whatever the plot needs. She can use it to create colored clothing, insulated webbing, radiation proof webbing, armor made of webs, etc. etc. It's pretty dumb but she borrows elements from when they changed Peter's spider to not only be radioactive but mystical to boot, so just roll with it.

>Always liked Mattie.
>She's probably getting killed and forgotten after this event.

At least my other favorite was brought back and isn't getting fucked over soon.

>Damn hipsters with their ironic flannel and their schizophrenia

She's spent so long not letting anybody in (let's not forget spending over a decade alone in a bunker) that she doesn't know how to deal with ongoing emotional intimacy.

Either that, or something that factors into her underying rage issues. Anger can be addictive, and having no reason to feel angry doesn't always remove the *need* to feel angry.

I honestly suspect it's a running joke at this point. Slott first had her spin a costume for herself, colours and all, in one of her first comics. Everyone on the internet asked how the fuck that was possible and I think he eventually said that there was originally going to be another page where she gets herself a real costume but it was cut for whatever reason.

Cindy's had several one-panel sequences of weaving herself impossible costumes with no explanation throughout this series, and every time I got the impression Thompson was subtly winking at the audience.

All the latest security systems have ghost detectors.

>How can her webs do X?
>Spider-man from the cartoon who made a functioning motor is canon

What the fuck people.

>but she can't escape The Clone Conspiracy.
Nobody's that good, it seems.

How the fuck does she make her web costuming into shiny black latex? I know she did that before but assumed her superhero suit was just a costume or something. What the hell?

Hector is growing on me. I hope that Clone Conspiracy gets him a new body.

Yeah, but that was in an alternate universe, and when characters from 616 and "similar" universes visited, they commented on how differently everything worked there.

So shes Silkworm now in an effort to distance from Spider stuff? Im fine with that. Also how many Spider Women are we at now?

It's mainly to avoid getting people suspicious over the fact that Silk is showing up in San Francisco at the same time that Cindy Moon is there, although I think most of the people who know Cindy and have an interest in Silk already know that the two of them are one and the same. As for how many Spider-Women, are we talking across the multiverse or just in Earth-616?

Yeah I get that but honestly I think the name/theme change is for the better. And lets say 616

>latex
its shiny black silk

In that case, I think we've got Cindy, Jessica Drew and Julia Carpenter. Anya Corazon's with the Web Warriors now and I doubt Mattie's sticking around.

>Also how many Spider Women are we at now?

gwen
maddie
jessica
cindy
julia
itsy bitsy

plus about two dozen or so from alternate universes that will never be seen or heard of again now that webwarriors is over

Oh yeah, I forgot Itsy Bitsy.

I don't see her ever appearing again after the story ends so honestly she counts as much as she is legal: barely

She channels the mystic power of 1960s spiderman

And that fag can make fucking anything from webs

My guess is that Hector isn't dead, and Jackal will make him a new body in exchange for his obidence and use him for crimes

Maybe they're also smarter than M.O.D.O.K. and installed a ghost defense as well.

Or, okay, in-universe explanation I'm making up off the top of my head, humans already produce melanin (black) and hemoglobin (red) in our bodies, right? So she's infusing the silk with those pigments as she spins it. There ya go.

That's actually a really good explanation. So props.

But it doesn't explain the yellow on the Silkworm costume!

I'm only kidding, though. Mostly.

>maybe her casual clothing too.

100% of her clothes are created by her webbing. That's why she is always wearing different combinations of white, black and red.

>How the fuck does she make her web costuming into shiny black latex?

She doesn't. Its neither shiny, nor is it latex.

Actually she is like 3 Spider-Women in 1

The only one left is Ben

Then the event can end with only Peter, Miles and Cindy as the only spiders

>Miles
I'd be ok with him not being there.

That's why comic sucks this days everything needs an explanation.

Just go with it and have fun

>But it doesn't explain the yellow on the Silkworm costume!

>100% of her clothes are created by her webbing.

Wait, what? So nobody in her daily life is going like 'hey that Cindy Moon is always wearing those custom-tailored silk blouses and stuff. Hey Cindy where do you get your clothes from? Must cost a fortune!'

Its a comic book, people don't question shit like that.

If she can change the color of her webbing, its resistance to electricity/radiation or durability.... why couldn't she change its texture to resemble some other form of cloth?

Yeah, yeah, I know. Clark's hypno-glasses and all that.

But now that I think about it, she should just open a clothier store. Her silk seems to be like, actual silk and not like Peter's synthetic garbage that dissolves after a few hours, so it could be quite the business.

>And hope against hope that it lasts
This is hilarious coming right after reading this week's Deadpool.

What's the point of changing her costume if she isn't even going to bother hiding her face and hair?

Man I hate to say it but at least Spider-Gwen has a costume that makes sense.

>one and only

Jessica Drew and Julia Carpenter would like words with you.

>What's the point of changing her costume if she isn't even going to bother hiding her face and hair?

It's okay. All Asians look alike.

>But it doesn't explain the yellow on the Silkworm costume!
She's using degraded hemoglobin, bilirubin, to make the yellow, obviously

Because in comics you just need to cover your eyes and you're unrecognizable

But Cindy usually doesn't. She leaves the entire top half of her head exposed and a lot of facial recognition is in the eyes.

Seriously, how many Korean girls with that specific hairdo and that specific hip to waist ratio could there possibly be in Manhattan?

Didn't she already confess her whole backstory to JJJJ anyway?

I think one of the ideas that was going around Sup Forums back when she first came around was MJ getting her a job at some fashion place.

Now Is imagining RYV's Silk working in MJ's outlet and babysitting Annie when uncle Kaine is busy

That would have been alot better than what we got and actually keep in line with the backstory and development of the character.

I mean, here's a woman that literally lived in the Oldboy Motel for the last 10 years. And she's gonna come out and get a job in investigative reporting? Or investigative FOR reporting, whatever. For one thing she should be seriously addled and deranged after being isolated for so long. And not just in a 'requires a therapist and has troubles reconnecting with the family' way. 10 years is long enough for some really funky neurosis to develop.

...like, say, hallucinating about the ghost of her dead boyfriend would be a pretty good start.

Her relationship with JJJ has been really nice and working at the Fact Channel as a way to learn about everything she's missed and use their resources to search for her missing family worked

People would have complained if she worked at a fashion place just because she's a woman. It also would have been a really boring setting

I dunno, the whole 'working for JJJJ' angle just feels like retread of Peter's story to me. I mean, sure, Peter's busy retreading Tony Stark's story, so I guess there's room for Cindy. And Silk of course is already a completely derivative of Spider-Man, even with her enhanced powerset. But still.

Somewhat socially awkward fashion designer/tailor superhero what talks to ghosts in her head would have been at least a new and refreshing angle.

>...like, say, hallucinating about the ghost of her dead boyfriend would be a pretty good start.

I really, really hope they go that route.

Isn't Julia depowered? And Cindy doesn't call herself Spider-Woman and including all female spider-powered characters is just opening a bag of worms including Anya.

Except JJJ likes Silk and treats Cindy pretty damn well, he's supportive and a paternal figure. It's very different dynamic from what he had with Peter

And every fucking hates Spider-Gwen when she talks to the Spider-Ham in her head