Anybody want a soda or something...

Anybody want a soda or something? Cause I'm going up to the machine I thought maybe you know I'd get somebody something cause I've had only sweets and I think I'm gonna get something salty I thought maybe someone would uh want something.

Oh, uh I finished debugging the phones. Uh..you know I was going to so I did...and I thought maybe I should tell you that the systems going to be compiling for 18 to 20 minutes so some of the minor systems they might go on and off for a while but it's nothing to worry about it's just a simple thing...

I'll take a Fruitopia

what was nedry's plan if he ever actually got the embryos back to BioSyn? he would've been the prime suspect in the theft. was he going to lam it for the rest of his life? did he count on InGen not prosecuting him because of lack of evidence?

He would have $1.5 million in 1990s money, that's like 80 trillion dollars

ah ah ah, you didn't say the magic word

look at that succulent stegosaurus

those juicy curves

that glistening member

The can made the squeak noise.

Just a water for me, thanks.

A bunch of people left the island, so yea, how would they know it was Nedry? Nedry was to hand off the canister to someone else and still be there like nothing happened. How would they know its him?

When I was a kid I thought when Nedry said "Thanks Dad" to Hammond it meant Hammond was his actual father

Why would you repeat such a foolish thing?

Autism speaks

Maybe the fact that he was the only one that left the room for an extended period of time? I doubt many people had security clearance to get into the embryo room. Literally running on a skeleton crew so it isn't hard to make some deductions.

Me too, thanks.

Not the point, but I love how they did Nedry in this movie.

... actually, nvm. It's all the characters. This flick just has good characterization all around. Guys like Nedry and Hammond really only get a handful of lines, but you totally GET what they're all about. It's like a case study in how to efficiently flesh out characters in a summer action flick.

1 of us
1 of us
1 of us
1 of us
1 of us

they would immediately deduce that the embryos had been stolen because of nedry's code shutting down the security systems. nedry also chose to simply vanish after stealing the embryos, he didn't go back to his desk with the can, act incognito, and establish an alibi. he shut off the systems and then he just left. without even knowing that the embryos were stolen, hammond, arnold, and muldoon were already actively searching for nedry and questioning his motives.

i guess you can say nedry panicked because he might not make it to the boat in time but jesus what an idiot.

he did good money being the main lawyer of the Cali cartel back in the 90s

>security doors shut off
>nedry missing for an hour
>fences shut off
>nedry comes back and fixes it
>the next day
>where the fuck are the embryos

yeah it was obvious it wouldve bene him

wasnt it supposed to be like 20 or 30 minutes? that's why he says 18 to 20 minutes and i dont think the fences were ever supposed to shut off. maybe he was supposed to be back before his code went that far? or he's a sloppy programmer and that was completely unexpected?
probably saw himself stealing the embryos getting to the boat and back real quick and either quietly turning off the program or "showing off how good he is" to bargain for that raise from hammond.
he just got lost in the storm and took longer than he expected

20 minutes to get to the dock, the fences WERE supposed to go off, so he could get through the road gates, i figured the dino ones were on the same system (and the raptor one was on its own).
He was supposed to come back and fix it all (as per the book) but instead he died leaving Hammond and Co unable to fix the system

The part where he was gone for literally the only time that any of the security systems were down

>Drops the embryos off at the ferry
>Returns to work, undoes his lockout
>Everything continues as normal, no escaping dinosaurs

When they find out the embryos are missing, they would mainly suspect all the staff who left on the ferries to escape the storm, and since the cameras and other security systems were down they would have no proof of anything

That said I'm pretty sure Nedry's plan would have been to disappear to some paradise island with all his money anyway

Sure, get me a seven-up, a crunch bar, a bounty, a pack of crisps and a twix icecream.

just rewatched the nedry dodgeson scene. dodgeson asks him how is he planning to beat security?
>oh I've got an 18 minute window. 18 minutes and your company catches up on decades of research.
also mentions that he's supposed to be at the boat 7pm sharp.

and i just rewatched the plan unfolds scene.

the boat has to leave early cause the storm is way worse than expected. he's rushed. when he leaves he has a 1 minute delay before it all starts. he had to expect to get from the visitors center to the dock and back again in under 20 minutes.

He was sloppy (outside of writing code) and arrogant, pretty much his two defining character traits beyond being a nerd. Remember his complete disregard for tact, subtlety, and caution when Dodgson showed up? He basically flaunted what they were doing in public, and while even though the restaurant patrons might not have cared or noticed anything, why behave so brazenly? He probably really didn't think his whole plan through and just assumed that it would wind up working in his favor because he thought was so much more brilliant than everyone else on the island. His obvious infatuation with the payout and anger toward Hammond likely clouded his overall judgment as well.

also because its leaving early i think the tour group was supposed to be back by then and Hammond and Muldoon wouldn't have been in the control room. just Samuel l Jackson and he would have been busy the entire time trying to fix what was going on

yeah hes panicked, he said he did 20 but thought 18, but told the guy at least 15 minutes.
i mean nobody was expecting a hurricane wrecking monsoon

that's just it. boat leaving early + stronger storm = messed up plan.
was supposed to happen later in the evening when the tour was finished. nobody out near the dinos and Hammond and crew not in the control room. even Samuel L probably was supposed to be off shift and just shot nedry doing overnight watch. alot easier to sneak off without anyone noticing if nobody is there to notice.

thanks. This was kinda fun to figure out.

congrats user. in the book its more clear, since it describes nedry's thoughts about the whole plan, in the movie you dont really know what he would do after he dropped off the embryos