Why do videogames target russia as an our enemy?

why do videogames target russia as an our enemy?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2016/04/21/do-video-games-change-how-we-think-about-our-enemies-we-investigated/
youtube.com/watch?v=8NMnnMRWJ-0
geekwire.com/2011/experiments-video-game-economics-valves-gabe-newell/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Systematic fear mongering.

Why are Russians always the bad guys?

because it is
because we are

I unironically want to fight in a battle against the globalists side by side with my Russian bros.

I want to throw a wounded Russian patriot over my shoulder and carry him to safety.

>no vidya where you bomb jihadist with fellow vodkabros in the shittle east.

feels bad, tovarich.

Probably a cold war sentiment and Russian military is still believed to be the second most powerful in the world so they're a good boogeyman.
I wonder if China will fill that role in future?

Because they're white so no "muh racism" and there's an existing cold war narrative for mentally lazy retards who haven't checked the state of world affairs since 1992 to slot it all in for.

>7
It's convenient, because they are very powerful. It's not really an insult or anything, it's just an easy way to have 2 superpowers fight.

We're more dangerous than aliens.

washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2016/04/21/do-video-games-change-how-we-think-about-our-enemies-we-investigated/

I think they already tried China as the main enemy in 90s in games like Fallout, but then decided it's better to capitalize on preexisting stereotypes.

Please start a new war, we need new video game material.

Acceptable target
Asians are forbidden mostly(due to a large China game market )
Muslims arent seen as serious threat( and SJW will eat you alive nowdays)
Latinos only recently got a role( prominently at CODs) but still does not look serious
And no one ever remember about India
So only Russia remains

I know that feel. Pyccкoй этa мoй бpaтy

Low hanging fruit for writers. Look at them using Trump shit now.

Because video games are targeted on American market and nobody on the planet has a chance against you except Russia.

>(((video games)))

i have no idea, bro.

alright bro, I'm omw

There's plenty of shooters with Asian enemies, especially the Chinese in shooters based in the near future.

Middle Easterners are in several games, especially the Modern Warfare games.

Why would Indians be enemies in anything other than a street cleaning simulation?

thank mr vodka

I can't wait Battlefield 5 with maps in Eastern Europe where we will fight against NATO team filled with niggers and spics.

Why doesn't Pepsi Korea into as an our grammar?

Back in the day during Cold war Russia was the enemy in movies
it's not any different now, this is basically cold war lite

It's because the rest of the world hates them so it's acceptable to make them enemies in media because they are our enemies in real life

Good question with actual answers, too bad the thread is full of retards or Kremlin shills

Russia sucks dick all the time

what is Stalker?

cold war racism against the russians

>Poland
>Jordan
>Fucking Israel
>Japan
lmao

it's because Putin is an untrustworthy piece of shit

shillary threatened war with Russia and the (((mainstream media))) is silent

your grammar is retardly hard to asian

wew, it would've been smth, if a game by Russian coders were to depict us as the enemies
everybody is an enemy, except your clan, which is much better

Same goes for Obama, Trump and Hillary. One has fucked up already and 2 will fuck up eventually

China won't, because jews want to sell vidya to China. If Russia had more buying power there would be only neo-nazis and space aliens left to fight

No ,China as country( not as some "rogue group lead by mad genereal") is still rare as main enemy
Middle Easterners appear only as terrorist groups
So this isnt count as Russia wich appear as main big mad country

Thank god we have your noble leaders to trust

Yeah Fallout lore mentions there was a war with China but I don't remember actually seeing it in game. Fallout 3 had one DLC were you fought the chinese I think but I've never played it.
I don't think it was a propaganda piece since Fallout 1 and 2 came out when video games weren't very mainstream and Fallout 3 just played with an idea that was already established.

And no doubt fuck him in the ass on the helicopter ride back home.

Russia is the secondbiggest market (or it was at least, I'm pretty sure it stayed in the top 5)

Why Ethiopia ?

russian should make vidya game war with NATO and see how fast the west media talks about "is russia training for war against the west???"

Sweedcucks put China in battlefield 4 but single was really shit.

>shart in mart tears

US had china as enemy in battlefield 4 as well

>Because they're white
literally the only reason

Remember: no Russian

Learn Soviet history, you'll see how many billions we invested in Africa, they got streets, villages, whole towns after names of Russians and Soviets
kek, this is actually a good idea. they got to make a really believable propaganda game so that the butthurt belt literally shit themselves in fear and of course also pay nato/us for more ppl and weapons

why?

How so?
You don't even have a top-10 GDP economy.
And as far as I'm aware, you fags pirate everything.

Why does everyone hate Russia again?
I though Russia was based because it doesn't cuck itself and actually gives a shit about their nationality.

>he doesn't know
youtube.com/watch?v=8NMnnMRWJ-0

>where we will fight against NATO team filled with niggers and spics.
>burriats vs. blacks
NOICE

why those game designers cant google some actual russian sentence that makes sense.

Because Cold War propaganda and brainwshed boomers. Then the meme still floated around from parents and stayed in movies. Now Jewish propaganda.

geekwire.com/2011/experiments-video-game-economics-valves-gabe-newell/

>One thing that we have learned is that piracy is not a pricing issue. It’s a service issue. The easiest way to stop piracy is not by putting antipiracy technology to work. It’s by giving those people a service that’s better than what they’re receiving from the pirates. For example, Russia. You say, oh, we’re going to enter Russia, people say, you’re doomed, they’ll pirate everything in Russia. Russia now outside of Germany is our largest continental European market.
>Ed Fries: That’s incredible. That’s in dollars?
>Newell: That’s in dollars, yes. Whenever I talk about how much money we make it’s always dollar-denominated. All of our products are sold in local currency. But the point was, the people who are telling you that Russians pirate everything are the people who wait six months to localize their product into Russia. … So that, as far as we’re concerned, is asked and answered. It doesn’t take much in terms of providing a better service to make pirates a non-issue.

>it doesn't cuck itself and actually gives a shit about their nationality.
Not really. Hordes of economic migrants. The only "based" part in their policies is opposing lgbt.

>everyone hate Russia
Us love everywhere except dozen cuked countries.

> Muslims aren't a threat
top fucking kek, Muhammadov. France would beg to differ.

>russian should make vidya game war with NATO

>muh GDP
wew, are you even for real? next come some wikipedia facts and stats?
Russian is still the second language on the web. Russia still got a very developed internet sector. If you pirate, you can't play online. The situation changed since the 00s, pirates are rapidly going down, now even more through the introduction of Russian alternatives to netflix
Also look at how much european countries cry about the sanctions, its harimng them more than us, in Poland there was even an ad "buy apples if you're against Putin" I keked so much with my convodkaiots

You misunderstood me.I said they arent "seen " as threat in mainstream western media,only as crazy terrorist groups

>Ukrainian
>posting butthurt debunked shitpost pasta about Russia
Checks out

What posted

But just to be clear: "No Russian" as in "Don't speak the Russian language." Not referring to Russian people.

Would play

Pasta was posted by some Russian nationalist
>debunked
where?

>actually comparing Russian muslims who were under USSR to Sunni arab refugees
No

You don't understand Russians. They love being the bad guys for American products. You just have to create the game so that you get to play as the bad guy Russian and it will improve sales over there.

Making the bad guys Russian in your game will probably just improve the sales over there.

Because only Russian bros are a worthy opponents. With all due respect.

Damn those russkies sure are savage.

I got that and remembered the scene aswell, I played the game in Russian, maybe they said smth else? I can't quite remember
>But just to be clear: "No Russian" as in "Don't speak the Russian language." Not referring to Russian people.
this is very nice of you, luckily I understand English well enough to know the difference

>what is Muslim terrorism in Russia

Not really,it is a fallout-like where you play as survivor of NATO-invasion and hide( succesfully or not) from them

those are muslims with foreign (read american) backing/sponsoring

Блядь, этo дaжe нe cмeшнo yжe. Пoйдy пoкypю.

Uh, probably because they're subhumans.

ты хoть paз в жизни c нopмaльным мycyльмaнинoм oбщaлcя? я нe гoвopю пpo диких, oни oт yльтpaнaцикoв тoжe нe oтличaютcя, тaм yжe нe цвeт кoжи, a oтcyтcтвиe мoзгoв poль игpaeт

Oбщaлcя, c кpымcкими тaтapaми. Oни няши :3

интepecнo кcтaти, oтдыхaл в 2014г в Кpымy, ни oднoгo из этoгo "кopeннoгo нaceлeния" нe видaл

Man Of Prey on steam.
Has STALKER-ish vibes on Brigade E5/7.62 engine.
Also you can beat up your wife to raise your stats.

Because the weak fear the stronk, and the weak tells stories to their children to hate and keep away from them.

Nobody made fairytales againts bunny rabbits eating you if you went out after 10 did they.

it's like having robots, subhuman russians give you something you can shoot without feeling guilty

Not nearly as prominent as it is on the West. Besides it's all sponsored by Qatar and Americans. And it's almost extinct in Russia.

>subhumans
That literally cucked your country. So what does that say about you?

Cлaбo oтдыхaл знaчит. Mнoгo кpымcтoтaтapcких кaфeшeк, пpoдaвцы нa pынкaх и тд. Hacкoлькo я пoмню тoт жe Cyдaк. Ecли ты пpo Ceвacтoпoль тo дa, тaм нeт пoчти.
To чтo кpымcкиe нopм и тaтapы oбpyceвшиe тoжe, нe oтмeняeт тoгo фaктa чтo нa Кypбaн-бaйpaм Mocквa пpeвpaщaeтcя в Кaиp, или чтo Paмзaн пpи пoпycтитeльcтвe Пyтинa иcлaмизиpyeт Чeчню пo нoвoй, oткaтывaя вce дocтaижeния CCCP в этoм плaнe. Pyccких в Чeчнe вooбщe нeт пpaктичecки тeпepь, вce бaбы в плaткaх. Taк чтo дpoч нa Пyтинa здecь нe бoльшe чeм мaняфaнтaзии. Этo кaк вepить чтo Пopoх yхyитeльный peфopмaтop пocмoтpeв CNN.

Mы их вaм ycтyпaeм :3

Дa xaxaxa

To condition us to see them as our enemy.

I'm with you. I want to fight alongside bongs and ruskies to save humanity from globalists.

Include aussies, we will bring our finest emu squadrons!

Oхyитeльныe иcтopии.

What video games have Russia as the enemy? I can only think of COD series and Battlefield?

My favorite video games are by Russian developers and in them Russians are the bad guys too.

i wanna play that

t. Hillary

>My favorite video games are by Russian developers and in them Russians are the bad guys too.
care to name a few?

They are many. And it wasn't exactly them since they drafted Bulgarians, Ukrainians, and others. But parts of that subhuman culture remain in this country to this day.

And maybe you should revise your knowledge on history. You might learn that the circumstances were a bit different.

>revise history
Kek. Pretty sure your government has done enough of that for both of us.
>subhuman culture
Kek. Stop being such an edgy faggot. Russians have achieved a billion times more in science and culture than your pathetic country ever will. Remnants of their culture are literally the only good thing about yours.

>occuppied half of europe the last century, forcing a "union" and puppet governments on said countries
>is going bonkers til their breakdown in the 90s
Gee, i wonder why.

t. german, who is not butthurt as russia about the next videogame or movie where germans are villians

oh shut up, russian scum. Why did you leave you precious motherland when it's so good? I mean, most intelligent Russians are leaving it, but you're clearly not one of them

>occuppied half of europe the last century
It's not like that half of yurop made an alliance and invaded Russia before that or something. Geez. I mean amerifats left japs alone by 1946 right?

>Why did you leave
implying here is not there right now