>watch movie
>get bored after 10 minutes
>open Sup Forums tab
>browse for 3 hours
>get bored
>watch continue movie
>get bored after 10 minutes

>watch film
>can get through it without pausing, full attention. have seen shoah in one sitting.
>read a novel
>can barely get anywhere, took a whole month to read a 123 page book
i really hate this

>endorphine receptors fried by constand stimulation from interweb use and vidya

Wow, I watched about a half-hour of a movie and got bored, then opened up Sup Forums and this was the first thread on the first page.

This, reading is too hard.

>a 123 page book
which book

maybe stay off the highbrow stuff user

>book
I can't even read news articles anymore.

literally the opposite for me

>watch film
>overwhelming need to go pissing every 20 minutes because can't stop drinking tea

Me too, I'm in the middle of watching a movie and I get bored as fuck. I'll crack open a book and lay there for hours reading it.

the stranger
this happens with every book i read though

That's why I love going to the cinema.

No roomate/brother/sister/mom/whoever barging in the room, no tasks/problems you suddenly remember you have to do, no phone notifications or calls, no temptation of looking up stuff you see in the film on the spot, no option of pausing the film 12 times, you just have sit there and experience the film as a whole at once with absolutely zero distractions like it's intended to be experienced (I'm from Europe so I never had a single bad cinema experience like I hear here often)
A bit of true escapism, I love it.

That book was a fucking.
Camus is a pretty interesting dude.

>tfw attentionlet

>not living alone and watching movies by yourself with headphones on
You're missing out on the ultimate comfy, user.

Is there any way to undo this? I really feel like I've given myself ADHD

what possessed you to read that book? dude just read simpler stuff, you're not just cut out for those books, find some nice genre fiction.

lel get on my level, iv been reading life of pi for the past 3 years. I keep forgetting I own the book.

i can read for hours at a time, but actually finding a moment to sit down and actually read can take days. nothing better than realizing you've started a great book though.

Seconded

Go without internet for a week it will fix it self
it's really fucking hard without being forced to it though

just like any addiction i assume. if you want to stop your sugar/heroin/nicotine addictions, you need to lay off sugar/heroine/nicotine.

so just lay off the internet and video games (in his case).

this happens frequently and when it does i question if i have adhd or not
but then i watch a good movie and i can sit through the entire thing

But Sup Forums + kinos + gamus are the only reason I haven't shot myself in the head. Or maybe they're the reason I want to shot myself in the head

sitting on Sup Forums for hours every day, year out year in, constantly f5ing boards in anticipation of something interesting is probably not a great idea if you don't want to fuck your attention span.

same, can't even read shit without forgeting the previous line in seconds

where were you ten years ago?

f5ing boards on Sup Forums

that's because you're addicted and it's what keeps you going. cut them out and get hooked on other things in stead, more savory things. books are to movies what a nice pasta meal is to candy.

>watch continue movie

>no temptation of looking up stuff you see in the film on the spot, no option of pausing the film 12 times

Fucking truth. Being raised by 4chinz was interesting.

Well you probably just smoke too much weed dude

actually I never did

>no temptation of looking up stuff you see in the film on the spot
i do that after the movie, but when i read i have to do it right away,

Maybe you have lyme disease or something man, not being able to remember the last line you read is a serious problem.

Maybe you're just watching boring movies? I have no problem watching slow movies, or reading, but some movies really just suck

ITT: people pretending to be pretending to be retarded

this

my theory is that a lot of people on Sup Forums force themselves to watch movies they hear are good, even if they don't like them.