Why wasn't there a shitstorm over the theatrical release being cancelled?

Why wasn't there a shitstorm over the theatrical release being cancelled?

It's a literally who animated movie, sadly.

No one wanted to see it in the first place

who got what now?

We know our place.
Frankly, having it on Netflix means more people saw it then whatever piddly ass theatre release they had planned.

For there to be a shitstorm, a decent amount of people would have to know about whatever this is.

Can someone enlighten me?

filename ya dip

Cause it was shit.

because nobody gives a shit

What?! It's not on my netflix?
What the fuck

This is fucking sad. This is the state of animation.

>Not on Netflix Canada

I guess that's what we get for getting it in theatres.

harumph

Ugh. The Little Prince part was decent but the framing story was just so horrible! And showing the little prince grown and working for the factory?

I gotta say, even with the Little Prince segments, they rushed by some parts too fast. I thought that the part where the Little Prince decided to leave his Rose and his asteroid went by way too fast. It felt like he didn't have a good reason for leaving her and was just being a dick.

I didn't think the framing story was too bad, but it really should have just been its own movie, and didn't need to be tied to an existing book like that.

And yeah, the entire bit with adult "Mr Prince" was offputting. Anybody else think that the part where the Little Prince returns to his asteroid only to find out his Rose died was a tad too tragic? Especially with the way they just dismiss it with the theme that the Little Prince can just take comfort in his memories of her? I mean, sure, the Prince can just move on and accept that she's gone, but if you look at it from The Rose's point of view for a sec, she just waited for the Prince to come back all those years, thinking he'd abandoned her and there was nothing she could do about it, and with no one to take care of her she withered away and died all alone. That is some Jurassic Bark shit. And the movie just ignores that whole perspective and expects us not to be sad.

No, you're meant to be sad. And the reason the Rose dies before he gets back is because the Girl's terrified that the last thing she said to the aviator was that she wished he'd never told her the story.

I found out about the cancellation at the same time I found out that Netflix had picked it up
So I was far from upset, but it would still would have been nice for it to get more buzz

I honestly cannot understand why people were mad at this movie
It really captured a lot of the book's premise really well, but people got caught up in the girl's own adventure

It had a theatrical release where I was.

At first I had thought they skipped The Tippler entirely. But he shows up as an easter egg during the little girl's visit to the city planet.

Also Ricky Gervais doing the conceited man was excellent casting, makes me wonder if he actually understood it himself.

The entire third act of that movie was a fucking travesty.

I didn't even know it was going to be in theaters. I thought it was just straight to Netflix like most animated foreign CG movies.

/thread. No one cares

Was this movie originally in French then dubbed in English or was it originally English?

If it was originally made in French, what is the better way to watch it? French with subs or English dub?

The rose had to die in order for it to parallel the old man's death and realize her errors and right them is forgive the old man and spend what little time he has left together having a good time.

>can't follow simple themes of a children's movie

kys m8

The movie was fucking shit but it will trick a few of the weaker-minded pseudo intellectuals into thinking it was an underrated masterpiece of cinema.

Then do something to fix it.

I quite liked this film, but I think the fanbase is not only small, but pretty much knows that yeah, this shit was really inevitable.

It's also been a while since it actually released. It gets a fair share of criticism but I don't really see why. It was sweet and had a nice, coherent story.

I've seen many who read the book say they didn't like it though, I haven't personally so maybe that's a factor. Shit like is absolute bollocks though, it's a kids movie, I think pseudo intellectuals would look elsewhere if they wanted to find "underrated masterpieces of cinema" and fling shit around about it

Not our fault. They should make worthwhile stuff, then.

K, thx bby. But you gave a screenshot that was an eyesore, so I ain't watching it.

That screenshot is not from this movie, the movie's version of those two characters look like this (and animated in stop motion).

That's not from OP's movie, but some CG television series based on the same story.

OP's movie uses CG for a framing device story surrounding a stop motion version of the actual source material.

Little Prince looks great in motion, though the CG models aren't quite the level of Disney/Pixar

I really loved the scene where all the wishes (were they wishes? probably not) are released though. Great OST and great sequence of events

I did

I liked the movie, but I suppose it's just not destined to get much exposure in America.

bump
Come on lets have a Little Prince thread Sup Forums

Was there any reason as to why the theatrical release got cancelled before Netflix picked it up? I remember hearing about the cancelleation but not why it was happening