Explain the plot

explain the plot

They travel in time. Hijinks ensue.

I can't

What's wrong? You watched it after "Inception" while googling for "complicated movies" and now you can't get the plot? Cry to dad's dick.

Reddit: The Movie

A->Aron

A->Be

If you didn't understand the plot then you must be experiencing the movie as it was intended. It's supposed to be a mess because that was the point. You can't control time travel.

"MOMMY MOMMY, PLOT ISN'T BEING FORCE FED TO ME, PLEASE HOLD MY HAND, I HAVE A BOO BOO ON MY HEAD :("

Time travel an tha. Mad innit

a group of friends invent a time machine but it only goes back up until the time it was first switched on, and travelling back in time takes as much time as going forwards. They test it out, and then something something mumble so they go to a noisy fountain and mumble mumble what the fuck are they even saying now so they go back in time but things are fucked and they've both been using it and sneaking around and now there's a bunch of them running around but time travel is affecting them and the dude can't write properly. The end.

There are only two rules in life.

1. don't fuck with time
2. trust no one

play a record

two guys invent time travel, use it to make money as well as for petty personal reasons, make moves behind each others backs, realize they are in way over their heads, and eventually part ways.

upstream color was better

idk about better but definitely more coherent and more aesthetically pleasing

unironically this. solving the plot is not really the point.

I recently watched upstream color. what in the fuck was going on. I don't think Im a particularly slow person or anything, but fuck me. it was 2 hours of what the fuck. could not tell you anything about what was happening

It's like a poem in film, lots of analogies, and also lots of creating a mood and feeling. Mainly a kind of life and creator story, and about the interconectedness of life.

it's about the life cycle of a parasite that passes from humans to pigs to orchids. it affects their behaviour in strange ways, in order to facilitateits own propagation. the confusing narrative reflects the confusion and disorder that befalls the lives of the characters who are carrying the parasite.

some dudes accidentally build a time machine, try to use it for personal gain, can't control it because the future is inherently unknowable, constantly pull moves to fuck each other over, one of them's a little gay nerd boy who wants to be a hero, and in the end they are left as copies of copies from going back in time and their lives are ruined. then gay boy builds a bigger time machine.

dude harvests parasite from orchids -> feeds it to a victim -> victim is now in a state of hypersensitivity to suggestion, empties bank accounts and gives to the dude -> dude fucks off, leaving the victims life in shambles -> goes to harvest more parasites

2 of the victims meet each other and try to figure out what the hell happened to them as they have been permanently fucked in the head by the experience, end up killing a guy that was not really responsible but was connected to the whole thing (he removes the parasite from victims and puts it in his pigs) and did nothing to stop it, which puts a stop to the cycle of the parasite (presumably)

it's about a petty neat-freak trying to make a single arbitrary moment the best it can possibly be for himself by using time travel
it's shot from the point of view of his friend (who he doesn't inform of his above plan until towards the end), and his friend gets mad at him when he finds out
some scenes are shot in different "go about"s when trying getting that perfect moment, and then edited together, so the POV friend we follow isn't always the "same" one

here's the actual progression:

>two engineer friends attempt to invent a highly efficient weight reducing electromagnetic device to be used in industrial applications
>end up discovering a method of time travel through finding normal microbial growth is increased relative to the amount of time the device was powered on
>Abe decides to build a human sized box and acts as the test subject
>shows Aaron what happened when he successfully tested the box and they both use the technology together to gain money from trading financial assets
>somewhat related guy goes into the box and doesn't use it properly, ends up in a coma
>Abe wants to end the experiments and undo all of the time travel as a result, uses failsafe box activated days ago in his time and drugs the original Abe before he used the box for the first time
>Aaron found out about Abe's failsafe and uses his own to encourage the original Aaron to take part in the time travel experiments before Abe attempts to encourage this
>Aaron also brought back a disassembled failsafe box to take control over the timeline from Abe
>Abe's girlfriend is attacked by shotgun wielding ex-boyfriend, both of them agree to a truce and decide to redo the events so everything happens in a better way
>Abe stays local and attempts to limit his alternate self's knowledge of time travel, warns Aaron to never return so he doesn't corrupt the area with his influence
>Aaron abuses time travel further somewhat associated with the many copies of himself now present in multiple countries and constructs a huge time travel box in France

the theme of the movie is time travel is too powerful for anyone or anything, even intelligent people would have no idea what to do with time travel, and any attempts to control it would usually be mostly redundant.

pic related is the full explanation

Best friends make refrigerator, then they disagree on some shit then they part ways and guy talks to someone then its over.