Why was dino bot so fun to watch...

Why was dino bot so fun to watch? His whole speech on the golden disks was some crazy stuff to put into a children's show.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1ql-4Mp_jPU
youtube.com/watch?v=iJt8ohmwmE8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Redemption arc

dinobot forever

Because he's literally quoting Shakespeare in one scene and going fucking apeshit in the another. It's an entertaining juxtaposition.

There's also the fact he's the sole non-evil Dinosaur character in the series, because goddamn did kid love dinos in the 90s.

I think a lot of it boils down to having a damn good voice actor too, but I'd apply that across the board for Beast Wars in general.

Yeah I think that was my favorite part about him, he was always very noble in the way he talked but a crazy good fighter.
That and he was a melee fighter in a gun battle.

He's a Shakespeare quoting vegita.

No, no he wasn't. He had eye lasers too. He was versatile, resourceful and ruthless, and the fact that he did not share maximal beliefs made him a really well done antagonistic good guy characters without being an edgelord like Depth Charge turned out to be.

They should have had Waspinator switch sides.

Waspinator being a spineless goon made his speech about not wanting to be blown up anymore funnier though

It's funny too because he was the only one that megs didn't blow up in the end.

Beast Wars was so fun in general, only in the 90's could they pull off a fairly good and often dark/serious/dramatic show that also has such silly tiny moments like Megatron having a rubber ducky, racefully roller blading around his base, or donning a literal powdered wig to hold court among his troops, and being played completely straight

This kind of shit would never fly these days, as the small group of people clamoring for action cartoons still seem to be nothing but the most humorless autists anymore

Needs feathers

these were gentler times my friend.

I understand that many cartoons are merely vehicles for moving merchandise but sometimes the VAs and writers just come through for shit that wows you.

The biggest mistake Machines made was taking away Megs' Yes

The biggest mistake Beast Machines made was existing

Inb4 that one BM contrarian shows up to rant about how it was so much better than Beast Wars

Waspinator is happy.

May his spark join the matrix with the greatest of cybertron.

Beast Machines happened at the tail end of the 90's, into that period in the 00's where everything had to be "serious". It was that time in comics where everyone started losing the costumes and gearing up in leather because it was more "realistic". Basically the start of the no-fun-allowed ages, which is why it lost all of the charm of the old show, despite having better CGI and a more "mature" storyline. Didn't help that most of the locales were in sterile stock-future city Cybertron.

this

I wonder if they introduce a super-kong or something

wrong fucking thread

Wait, I thought the Dark Age was late 80s--early 90s. Was there a period in the mid-90s when everything was briefly fun again?

Late 80's things got grim and serious, then the 90's came and took that grimness and had fun with it. You got stuff like Youngblood which while "edgy" it was by no means serious. Everyone dressed like a clown and it was cool. So yeah I guess it could be the "Dark Age", but when 00's came it was effectively the "Boring Age". While the 90's was edgy it still had costumes and fantastical storylines, the 00's did away with that to be more like sterile procedural police dramas popular at the time. I feel like Beast Machines is a reflection of that.

There have been many dark ages, the late 80s and early 90s had plenty of good cartoons if you can handle things being "dated" which is a complaint only plebs usually make, the next true dark age didn't come till the mid 2000s, but I get what that user is saying about Beast Machines

And by trying to be serious it ends up being retarded....a Transformers show with a core message about how organic life is precious and mechanical life is the way of evil is just fucking dumb

Is it really that bad? I haven't seen it in years I was going to watch it again after I re watched beast wars.

He had The Touch .
youtube.com/watch?v=1ql-4Mp_jPU

They never should have killed Terrorsaur. I loved the wingman and buddy aspect of them later on in season 1. It was really cool to see them be a bit competitive and bro like. None of the predacons seemed to really get a long besides the flyers. There's 0 chemistry between quickstrike, rampage, inferno, dinobot 2. They just become random henchmen. While Terrorsaur and Waspinator seem like guys who knew each other for years. I wonder how sad Waspinator was when his pal died.

I didn't like how they were killed off.
The base shakes and they fall into lava is pretty anti climatic

I fucking love dinosaurs
Maybe I should've become a paleontologist after all

Terrorsaur's death was a great relief to me, purely based on how unbearable I found his voice.

It was bearable when he wasn't transforming. That long screech when he said "Terrorize" was horrible

He was totally a bit too much like starscream. Though he had a dynamic that none of the other predacons had. Tarantulas was interesting, but eventually became too separate from the rest.

It was the same for his voice actor.

Hey you know.
Gotta sell those toys

Fav character.
Cried like a baby with his death ;__;

What would you have done with Tarantulas?

His voice actor was fucking perfect.

Terrorsaur death was so shitty that I colud watch the episode again because I didn't notice that he and Scorponok dead in that fall.

But, all must be say, he was a redundant wanabe Starscream.

It was funny when starscream showed up too.

Would you consider Dinobot the "starscream" for the good guys or just a nice wrench that just got tossed into a the well cooperating team of good guys?

top 10 anime deaths?

He most certainly is not starscream

beast machine should not have been a transformer series.

it just wreck so many things people liked about beast war.

he's too loyal to be starscream
and yes, even considering the fuck up he made giving the golden disk to megatron.

Beast Wars is one of those beautiful series that has a bunch of great characters that everybody has their favorite

Like X-Men or MHA. That shit's always gold

Was not only funny, was fantastic.

But made Terrorsaur even more redundant.

Early on he sort of was, following his own agenda within the Maximals and trying to take over.

Thing is, unlike Starscream he had principles and grew to respect the people on his side.

Don't forget his Great White Hunter bit in the episode where the Maximals can't switch out of Beast Mode.

No no, I know, it's just I wish there would have been more weight to their death.
I think keeping the cast small was a good idea, don't have a lot of people you can get a lot of screen time for the ones that are still there.
It's just that no one even seemed to react to their death.

bump because beast wars threads are rare these days

Absolutely not. He challenged Primal once and only once for leadership and accepted his loss, the only reason he defected at all was just because Megatron was a cheating scumbag.

After that point Dinobot didn't really scheme to to take command, sure, he thought that primal was sentimental and weak, but he'd follow his orders and saw the wisdom in them even if he didn't like it.

More in line with Grimlock in how he respects strength and courage, but will challenge the leader.

Terrorsaur was so much a clone of Starscream that it hindered the show from being something new. He commanded Waspinator, but Starscream did the same to Thundercracker and Skywarp. All in all the bond you read is just them misreading each other, terrorsaur wanted support for his mutinous plans, and waspinator just liked not getting shat on for once but when terrorsaur did manage to take command he put fuckign Tarantulas as his second-in-command even though he didn't want the job.

Tarantulas was starscream taken in a refreshing direction because he was smart enough to actually be a threat and smart enough for Megatron to want to keep around.

I did like how Terrorsaur just shut up and got out of the way for that episode.

>Is it really that bad? I haven't seen it in years I was going to watch it again after I re watched beast wars.

In my opinion, yes it is that bad, however I also think it's worth the nostalgic watch if you haven't seen it in a long time for the sake of completion of that timeline, and if anything only makes you appreciate Beast Wars even more by the time it's all over.

He was my absolute favorite and I legit cried when "THAT" episode finished.

>The Maximals almost got aborted from time
That must've been a fun feeling.

This is the greatest love story in all of Transformers' history, prove me wrong.

Used him with the other Predacons more. He was too much of a schemer and solo villain in the later seasons. Do we ever see him interact with Rampage? They made half the predacons out for themselves, so it was consistent with them vying for power.

it would have been really interesting if beast wars established a true (and loyal to each other) 3rd faction.

I dont think it held the show back that much having him like starscream. You had a guy like Optimus and Megatron was named Megatron...
Terrorsaur eventually dropped his mutinous plan and seemed comfortable being a field commander. The 2nd half of season 1 has him pretty loyal to megatron, just he's a "give him an inch he takes a mile" kinda power goes to his head guy. Waspinator and Terrorsaur definetly had playful and friendly moments. They were great together. Wish we had both in season 2 and 3.

Scorponok and inferno should have been the ones to die.

Why Rampage? I'm not sure that he'd have the patience to go along with any of Tarantulas' schemes... unless Tarantulas got him to believe that he'd have more opportunities for mayhem and carnage under Unicron/the Tripredacus Council?

Just pointing out gaps in interactions. All the maximals that were capable of doing so (as in alive or not absent) interacted with one another. Not all the predacons did. Especially past season 2.

Well to be fair, from what I can tell Decepticon and Predacon "society" is usually portrayed as being more war like....with most of them being out for themselves in general and only being subordinate to leaders based on the fact that they can be overpowered by them

Saved.

uh huh.

>No no, I know, it's just I wish there would have been more weight to their death.

>Rewatch episode

>Only mention of their death is by Black Arachnia

>Those 2 are never mentioned again in the entire series

Huh. Its funny considering we got Quickstrike and Silverbolt, who have some similar physical traits, albiet very different personalities.

>Link to a poor quality of the mention if anyone cares
youtube.com/watch?v=iJt8ohmwmE8

Armada Starscream isn't much like G1 Starscream

Scorponok became such a throw away character. He was a shitty boring Soundwave. They made him so stern and hallow, no one should have cared.

no one reacts to tigatron and airrazors abduction, or any death other than Dinobots. Its a kids show, they often dont talk about death.

>inferno

man fuck no Inferno was great

I heard a rumour once that the VA of terrosaur hung out in the parking lot for several weeks because he didn't realize they'd completely written him out of the show.

That scene were dinobot gives Megatron shit for inferno calling him queen.

He still worked as the casting director, so.... they'd have let him inside.

well shit, I thought the idea was sad and funny. If that's true, well...

Thanks for ruining the joke.

Only 90s kids kno

Scorponok was always a throw away in Beast Wars

Friendly reminder that Beast Machines never happened, Waspinator lived the life of a king on Earth and the Maximals made it home safe and sound. Anyone argues otherwise, stick your fingers in your ears and yell out "La la la la la la" until they go away.

God I hate Transmetal 2 Cheetor....or any bot that's basically just looking like "animal standing up"

Was really only that one though, the rest of them were pretty good, can't really fault the gorilla design for looking like an animal standing up.

Primal's designs did a good enough job of creating the illusion of one form being animal and one robot, probably wouldn't have been so easy with a true "tm2" design and luckily he didn't have one

Optimus Minor was never in show, but I had that toy and it pissed me off cause it was just two modes and both looked equally like a monkey, aka not at all

That was one of my favourite designs, Transmetal 1 Cheetor was my most hated. Airazor was my favourite character, her and Tigertron's death always pissed me off.

>That was one of my favourite designs
Why? It barely even transforms, the end result looks the same as if you were to simply switch it's heads

It actually transforms more that it looks it does, but it's definitely one of the weaker designs. I still like it.

I remember nothing of him, but I still have his toy.

It does, but it may as well not since the end result just looks like a stood up version of the beast mode with a different head

I ever like Transmetal Optimus. I think because the colours.

You now all remember Transmutate

It takes a huge shit on pretty much all the characters, especially rhinox, really fucks up the lore of cybertron, generally the environments are bland, alot of the character designs range from dumb to bad and how do you like the idea of a plant transformer?

Hey guys, what's going on here?

I'd say he was more like a Klingon.

Fuck you

Sounds treetarded

How is a plant transformer any worse than an animal transformer?

> I wonder how sad Waspinator was when his pal died.
Waspinator doesn't get to have friends in this continuity

I just want to put up the Predacon version for you.. that and Tarantulas was a complete whack job and I loved his cackle.

taH pagh taHbe'.

They better make a Masterpiece Dinobot.

In the episode itself they reacted to Tigatron and Airrazor much more than when Scorps and Terror died. Cheetor's weird spasm was hilarious though.

Wasn't the whole episode about trying to figure out what happened to them, saying they don't know right now but they are going to do everything in their power to get them back?

Then they show back up as tigerhawk and they bring it back that they are so relived to have them back home.

It was honestly the least of the shows problems.

If only Megatron could wipe Beast Machines from history instead of the Autobots

GAIA EVERFREE?!?!

Gonna rewatch this shit now.
I REALLY hope I can hold it down through all the way, because I loved Beast Wars more than anything else in my life.