Explain this character to me

Explain this character to me

What makes her interesting?

Better to say "what made her interesting" because recently her character got butchered into egoistic bitch. Before that she was perfect partner for Peter, able to endure everything life throws at them and never thinking of leaving Spidey because MUH NORMAL LIFE like she does now.

If I was a lesser man I would say something like, "i can see two reasons in front of me"

In other words

Her relationship with peter.

That's literally it

Go read Spider-man Parallel Lives

Anything beyond her fucking Pete?

Nope nothing. It might be hard to believe but Bendis was kinda the first guy who actually tried to give her some story of her own in Iron Man.

Her back story and experiences during the marriage. MJ came from a wrecked family and is a lot stronger than she's been written of late. Like going into a superhero brawl and shooting Norman Osborn or helping aunt may poison and beat Chameleons ass or willing to go to jail to protect peter.

According to Jeph Loeb (spiderman blue) MJ was a bit of a bitch whore initially. She only mellowed after Gwen died.

Nothing absolutely nothing.

whore

Not a goddamn thing.

Gwenfag containment thread?

Gwenfag containment thread

It's pretty surreal looking at the realism and detail put into drawing MJ and the absolute lack thereof in Spiderman.

I don't see you answering OP question

>If I was a lesser man, I'd say blacks are an inferior race
>If I was a lesser man, I'd say women belong in the kitchen
>I'm not racists or anything, but these niggers/mexicans/etc. are ruinning the country.

She comes from a shitty middle class (at best) family with an abusive dad. Any time dad beat her sister, she ran away from home and buried herself in partying. Then when it became unbearable, she ran away from home and started her own life completely on her own.

Uncle Ben, stop, just because trump was elected president doesn't mean you can talk like this in public.

>that right hand
artist must hate drawing hands

To anyone who wants a better outlook of MJ, I highly recommend Spiderman loves Mary Jane by Sean McKeever and Takeshi Miyazawa. The series made me fall in love with MJ

Here you go, mang

Remember Pete, with great power comes great responsability to make America great again, by killing all the niggers.

Fuck off Sup Forums trash. Take your raimi faggotry elsewhere. We never even mentioned the films

MJ was a floozy flirty party girl. She was shallow, not mean but indifferent and generally unconcerned.

She had gone on dates with harry and peter by college I think, and was flirty with flash.

After gwen peters life was such a damn mess, and out of nowhere the floozy shows up to comfort him. Well he told her exactly how it was. That she was this dumb flirty girl to him, no depth, and to spare him her pity.

Thats when MJ started getting more character development. Both opened up, first MJ, for the first time in her publication and in her fictional history. She told peter why she acted like such a dumb floozy, all just defense mechanisms from a tragic past. She became a genuine friend to peter when he needed one most...because she knew he needed one. She after a lifetime of walling up and pushing people away opened up to him, so he would have someone to open up to.

MJ was a well written character originally. Flawed, with depth, and a slow and logical build up to various reveals.

For me personally as a spider-man fan, their story always ends with mayday, as a happy family.

Glad to see someone else read spiderman blue. I thought it was OK but too sentimental. Your thoughts?

Why do we have to explain it for you? Go read the motherfucking comics and decide for yourself. A based user is posting Michelline's entire run right now.

Read some comics and find out, casual scum.

I actually didnt read spidy blue, but now Im gonna

This was all in the original amazing run. I believe her character dev was around the time harry was rocking the fu man chu lol

Sup Forums pls

>Why won't Sup Forums hold my hand so I don't have to actually form my own opinions?!

No I don't really recommend spiderman blue. It does not really offer anything new to spiderman fans. Best thing I can say is that its a good entry point for people who aren't familiar with the whole Peter/MJ/Gwen love triangle. Also, like I said, too sentimental

Because holding hands is lewd, newfag

Not unless there are pics.

I'm not talking about "spoonfeeding", I'm saying we have nothing to gain from trying to convince OP a character is good.

she was the symbol of what spiderman is supposed to do and supposed to be.

A slut?

It's a meme that MJ is a slut. If Gwen hadn't died she would have revealed herself to be as much of a "slut" as MJ

Redheads are stereotypically assertive and proactive. Doesn't make them sluts

>>she's a slut

I love Spiderman Loves Mary Jane, but that series is so incredibly teenage dramatic, if you're not used to it it can be horrible.

I love me some teenage drama, so I'm alright with it.

Wasn't there another one with a different artist?

she was a great wife and make Peter act like an adult and not a man-child.

David Hahn replaced miyazawa after issue 15

Another series was written by Terry Moore and Craig Rousseau. Haven't read that yet

user, just because it was mentioned in the movies doesn't mean it's not canon to comics, it's called synergy

>endure everything life throws at them

she threw a temper tantrum at Peter about *which costume he wore*

Fine, it reminded her of Venom, but thats hardly "endured everything thrown at her".

Does she get triggered by miles morales too? Because, you know, black... uh....

I'm sick of Mary Jane.
Just pair him up with someone who actually has a personality for an actual amount of time instead of going back to her or being single like 3 issues in.

At least in the current run, Miles had not yet swallowed a person.

You won't understand.

Mary Jane IS the endgame. Peter can travel the whole universe but he's gonna come back to her. She is, in a very real sense, THE ONE.
Editors know this, writers know this, fucking Stan Lee knows this. And long term fans know this

That doesn't change the fact that she's a shit character.

Doesn't matter, user. Doesn't matter. Just like you don't get to choose your parents

The best even a devil can do is extend the pause between them uniting.

Wasn't there a miniseries set in an alternate dimension where Peter had a daughter and in the end the daughter also fights along with him?

She's a sexy red head

You mean Renew Your Vows, that had the first number of its ongoing released last week, written by Conway?

Oh, wow, an actual ongoing?

The one I was thinking was the Secret Wars thing where every other superhero besides Spidey died, but it's a nice surprise knowing there's another series of it. Do we know how long it'll go?

It's actually a continuation of that series, with some retcons (it's not so futuristic and many of the heroes are still alive, to name the currently known ones)
It's an ongoing, so it's going to continue as long as it sells (and it being a Spidey comic it'll most likely sell well) or until there is some event that affects it (but it being in a different universe it should be safe from most of them)

You should buy it just to show Marvel that Spidey could sell even better if it's not written by Slott, or if you want to show that you like the marriage

Daily reminder that JMS thought OMD was a bad idea.

People only like her because they grew up with her. She's basically the ultimate nerd fantasy - flirty supermodel who loves an average Joe. Most MJfags(who you'll find on Spider-threads, shitting them up with MUH OMD MUH SLOTT) are barely even familiar with her prior to JMS' run.

I'm not trying to say she's a bad character, she's a good love interest but that's all she is.

> barely even familiar with her prior to JMS' run.
> flirty supermodel who loves an average Joe.
> she's a good love interest but that's all she is.

Normie spotted
You should really pick up some comics before posting stuff like this

Well she was constantly trying to push herself onto Peter(who was with Gwen) while having an on/off relationship with Harry. After Gwen died she dumped Harry and kept up her efforts to get together with Peter.

He just wanted a love interest for Peter. He wanted Gwen back for BND but editorial said no and he left after OMD.

1) read my post
2) stop projecting

In theory, what makes her interesting is that she's a normal-ish person, no special powers, that's romantically involved with a superhero, knowing full well he's a superhero, and having to deal with everything that entails.

In practice she's rarely written that way and is usually not interesting.

One More Day is still absolute shit though and Quesada should eat a bullet.

Remember the whole identity crisis thing, when Spiderman was framed for murder and Peter went through various new identities?

She helped him create the first identity, that's pretty damn awesome.

Mephisto pls go.

why didn't quesada just kill her?
if the end goal was to make spidey single again why not just kill her?

Killing her didn't stay permenant the last time cause fans hated it.

Because that would've defeated the purpose of making Peter younger. Arguably it would've aged him even more.

Kill yourself. The world doesn't need someone with such abysmal taste.