Mother

Wow, that was the boldest condemnation of religion I have ever seen

>Religion

So basically just Christianity yeah?

wtf is this even about spoil it for me Sup Forums

Javier is god. God/religion treat women/mothers like shit.

who did darren copy this time

BABY EATING

IT'S WRAWNG

That midget paedo who escaped the oven

me, im super pissed

Which nip did he rip off this time?

It's boring and hugely pretentious.

really?

Lawrence is Nature.

He copied god. Poster is Rosemary's baby.

>jews attacking christianity episode

hmmmm

This movie is the tombstone on JLaw's now dead career.

really?

He attacks the idea of abrahamic god, not a particular religion.

It was great. Finally a patrician film in 2017

Ok I get the ending: Javier is pretty much god putting a woman through the most nightmare of situations all while demanding everything from here to the point of her newborn being ritualistically cannibalized and JLaw allowing him to literally rip her heart out [/spoiler]

But it's literally just Jennifer Lawrence being really uncomfortable in obviously difficult situations. The last 20 minutes and the final revelation is all grotesque but all you're experience watching is obvious discomfort.

I liked Good Time too.

It's Aronofsky, so it's full of clumsy studenty type perception of faith and religion.

Cunt needs a new schtick

She's nature, dude. Mother Nature.

The movie has nothing to do with feminism.

was Aronofsky able to get her to act?

Javier Bardem is God.
Jennifer Lawrence is Mary/Mother Nature
Ed Harris and Michelle Pfifer are Adam and Eve
Their sons are Cain and Abel
The baby is Christ. Complete with the Eucharist.

I still need to see that. Am sad I missed it in theaters
Yes

But they imply Christianity though right and not some other religion that actually does that much worse?

Poster is literally Rosemary's Baby so I'm guessing that movie

Nope. Didn't copy that movie

Javier gave their newborn son (Jesus) to his worshipers and they killed and mutilated him.

>patrician
Nah, this is exactly the sort of film that dumb retards think is patrician; thick with metaphor and symbolism with no degree of subtlety so the plebs understand.

The Square and Killing of a Sacred Deer is going to put both those pieces of kike trash back in the pleb shed where they belong

Actually the first and second acts are subtle as fuck. Very surreal and a fresh of breath air in this year of shit. Go watch it before you shit on it pleb

>it's a weeb doesn't understand his medium is completely derivative episodes

>He attacks the idea of abrahamic god, not a particular religion.

(((Aronofsky)))

every aronofsky movie is a fever dream about parent-child abuse

prove me wrong

I have watched it. It's embarrassingly dumb, which is why I understand why window-licking retards such as yourself think it is patrician.

Like, dude, I get that you're edgy but I do actually remember a time before the "patrician/pleb" dick measuring contests and the influence of Sup Forums.

No one care about your or anyone else's opinion. Someone is absolutely capable of liking both Mother and the Killing of a Sacred Deer.

Please get your head out of your myopic ass.

You will never see a mainstream Hollywood movie attacking Judaism or Islam. It will always be Christianity.

where was that in PI or the Fountain

Nice bait nigglet. Go back to watching It and other shitty horror trash

I hope they're great. Not sure why you're hating on great kino

Dude, The core stories and themes that this movie is based on are central to all three of those religions.

did you miss the part where her baby is literally jesus

And you stick to capeshit, you mouth-breathing redditor.

If this is your idea of patrician then I can only assume you don't even know what that word means.

Well we all know you obviously don't know what it means. I feel sorry for you. It must suck having shit taste.

Everyone got that part, man. The first two-thirds of the movie is the old testament (otherwise known as the entirety of the jewish faith).

Islam is very similar to christianity and the same criticisms that the movie makes apply to it as well.

You seem a little sensitive. Want to talk about it?

>shit taste
>thinks mother! is patrician

lmao

>old testament
>(otherwise known as the entirety of the jewish faith).

>Islam is very similar to christianity

Oh dear, another brainlet

no. not at fucking all
i might've liked this movie if it was ellen page instead. and if they fixed the godawful slow pacing

Tell me the ways that this movie criticizes christianity and not Judaism and Islam.

I'll wait.

Mental gymnastics doesn't change what it is.

webms from mother?

>entirety of the jewish faith
you've never heard of the talmud, huh?

let me offer a solution to this piece of garbage. because it's hot trash with a really great concept.
>ellen page instead of j law
>ray wise as the poet
>laura dern as the old woman at the beginning
>directed by david lynch
that would be something actually worth seeing.

I wasn't the guy you were arguing with. I'm just pointing out (with the parts of your post I've quoted) that you're clearly stupid as shit and should probably stop posting.

I just don't even get the Sup Forumsacks sometimes. What do you even get out of thinking that everything is a conspiracy against white Christian men?

What do you get out of trolling?

this idea would probably bore lynch, tho

>What do you even get out of thinking that everything is a conspiracy against white Christian men?
knowing the Truth is its own reward

>Lol implying this movie isn't anything more than a 2 month anniversary gift for Jennifer

we'd have to have somebody pointing a gun at him the whole time, yeah

this isn't Sup Forums-related, brainlet, it's about misunderstanding the film's criticisms

jews have an entirely different idea of what God is, based mostly on the talmud, not the torah

mother! is a criticism of christianity first and foremost because the child is christ and climax revolved around him. jesus is just some prophet to islam, and isn't recognized by jews, so that leaves one...

The truth.

Yeah fuck organized community and cultural!

Except if you're Hebrew. Even if you don't believe in God, you're still a chosen one and we'll all lift each other up and abuse the goyim.

this whole movie is probably the best example of a great concept ruined by garbage cast and crew. fuck them.

What do you get out of being fucking ignorant?

You know, the reason why it may have used christian beliefs as the climax may have to do with the demography of the US.

If you actually watch the movie though, it's pretty clearly about humanity and not a particular religion. It's an absolutely absurd reading to think this is only about Christianity.

What's great about the concept, user?

>probably

You seem upset, mate. I just wanted to talk about an interesting movie I saw.

>implying religion is required for organization

Have you even read the Greeks you great big pleb?

So why are you posting ignorant shit?

Just, calm down. Nothing is worth you doing this to yourself.

lel

The absolute madman

How does he keep getting away with it!

Yes, let's talk about why you approve of the Christianity bashing but Islam appreciation and coddling done by Hollywood and the msm.

>great concept
>It's The Bible story AGAIN

Literally, literally the least original thing you can do.

Do you think Lynch would like this film?

Ah, distance yourself from you stupid post time. I see

uhhhhhhhhh yaldobaoth is bad

he might, lynch is a disgusting pleb

>tis i

no. he would recognize it for the trash it is, and then give another few million dollars to Transcendental Meditation

I don't think he likes anything that's not his own/made after the 60's.

Usually religion is used as distraction when you have no real story or substance. Such is the case with this movie. It was painfully obvious this was written in under a week.

End of Eva is one of the finest films ever made, but it's not really condemning religion in any way. Like the series, it's about the nature of human connections. I don't think you understood it.

>Islam appreciation and coddling

Who plays Glenn Danzig in this movie? JLaw?

No m8, Islam Jesus never was sacrificed to the masses so the end only applies to Christianity

>it's a flick criticizing Christianity

Let's talk about your strawman instead.

is that an official poster?
fucking hell, how artistically bankrupt

Is USA even a Christian nation anymore?

Yes, very much so.

90% or more

>you are sensitive
>only one religion allowed to be attacked
I'm a black science guy tier atheist and even I know this routine. Judaism and Islam are beyond reproach Christianity is the worst thing to ever happen.

If the very end of the film is condemnation of the birth of Christ which religion do you think it is focusing on?
Judaism? The religion that says Jesus is boiling in shit in hell? Islam? The religion that says Jesus was a deluded Arab spouting shit? Or Christianity? The religion that has Jesus as their figurehead?

youre wearing blinders

It attacks the concept of religion, but you haven't seen the movie anyway, so there's no real reson to talk to you.

We see what we want to see, user. Think about why it is that you want to think that only Christianity is under attack.

Can we just cut to the chase with this thread? OP just wants to start yet another Sup Forums level argument thread. No one is taking his obvious bait.

Meanwhile most sensible people are going to look at this thread and realize that its yet another example of the extremely rapid decline of Jlaw's fading career.