Civil war 2 #7 lettered preview

It's a "wait this is still happening" episode

>>he didn do nuffin

That's all folks,remember the only two characters whose fate hasn't been spoiled has been tony and Ulysses,place your bets how Bendis screws this up even further

>I can do this
No, you fucking can't. Call Peter or Kamala and let them do it

>Miles is too OP for Carol to take by force

>Marvel showing black on black crime
wow I didn't think they had it in them

They should keep her collar open like that. Looks better.

Holy hell, Carol actually looks feminine and pretty here. Jesus...

>Copypaste Carol with minimal Hill movement

for fucks sake

Tony gets rape-murdered by Carol, because he was wearing War Machine's suit. Ulysseus gets killed by Maximus for lulz.

How much direction could a writer give the artist?

Depends on the writer, some give a general outline and some can be very specific.

Like Frank Miller for example.

>>We can't teleport him
>>He has Spider-Sense
Has that ever been the case?!

I just don't get Miles' logic. He should stay far away from the Capitol. Going there doesn't actually prove anything.

>>incoming Miles speech from miles about making your own future about to drop

so the partnership is much like a director and a dop?

>logic
In a Bendis book.

>If you knock over the Lincoln Memorial
Has that really never happened before?

No, Carol... You seriously can't fucking do this...

BENDIS

If it's a good one.

>yfw you will never get drunk with carol and have drunk sex with her while she wears her ms marvel costume

why live

>Spider-Sense = Teleportation Immunity

Okay, there's GOTTA be something in ANAD Avengers or Bendis' own Spider-Man comics that contradicts this

>Tell the DC police to go home. Now.

I prefer a cute carol over a sexy carol

Secret Wars I contradicts this.

I actually think there is a LOT that can be said about how police handle lethal response particulary in relation to minorities; but this is some really contrived last-minute and tenuous shit that doesn't really say anything about the issue other than poorly incorporating it into the plot cause it's relevant.

You got the pages that prove this?

We will NEVER EVER have panels like this inside a Marvel comic again.

Bendis is brain dead so ergo, Mikes is brain dead.

this guy same-faces so hard.

carol and tony have the same face

Man, Carol had issues....and Bendis and the Marvel overlords just chuked it out to make her miss capable with no development to how she got there.

Guess thier wonderwoman contender can't have had problems or a character arc to be a hero, huh.

But it's not Spidey or cap fighting each other, it's literally two black guys pretending to be them. Why would anyone care if they died?

for what purpose

hy are the cops after him
why is Miles there

Ulysses dies
Tony blames himself and starts drinking and ODs

In The Oath, Hydracap walks in on Tony about to take a drink, convinces him he needs to go to rehab, then kills him and fakes an overdose

Ulysses? Hydra Cap?

What the fuck is happening. Can't wait for the shitfest that will be NU INFINITY WARZ written by Brian Micuck Bendover.

> I rush into things blindly.
> Or I run away from them entirely
> I am a coward and a killer.
> *shower water sounds*

Well, intentionally or not - not, probably - at least Marvel kept this continuity of trainwreck Carol

wait what why

Definitely not, they want her to be Wonderwoman, but better-er

>be Wonderwoman, but better-er

The moment they thought Carol could be Marvel's Diana. She's the total opposite of Diana. At least Diana has a functioning moral compass and upholds principles. Carol's defective as shit. I like a fucked up, drunk, self loathing Carol. It's more congruent to how she was handled before.

Damn I forgot my pic.

tell me, are you trying to make this a Carol thread ?

leotard costumes are essentially banned, and girls being sexy in their underwear practically too.

DC tends to do full script while Marvel does outlines (The Stan and Jack method).

that's dumb!

nowadays it is different and depends a lot on the writer

source: my ass

no u

> THICC
> dem curves

Muh dick

It's not hard to guess once you think about it: He's either there to turn himself in at the place he supposedly does the "crime" or he went there to see for himself what ruins his life. In his eyes the event is going to happen regardless.

Miles is likely there to face his destiny head on.

The one thing that both annoys me and gives me some slight hope is that Peter Parker wasn't pulled into this BS. I know its because Bendis doesn't give a fuck about Peter Spider-Man, but I really hope some writer has a hero ask Spidey why he wasn't part of CW2 and he answers "I learn from my mistakes, I don't plan on ever being part of another crazy powergame like that" or something along those lines. Maybe even just a "I learn from my mistakes" with the implication that other heroes don't.

But it's not his "destiny". The vision shows what might have happened if Ulysses had never had the vision. The fact that everyone knows about the vision means that everyone will act differently, making the vision inaccurate, which was one of Tony's complaints. Miles is going to Washington because of what he saw in the vision, not for the reasons Ulysses presumably foresaw.

Oh I know that the vision isn't going to come to pass at this point. I'm saying what is probably Miles point of view and why he decided to go to DC.

Captain America has already revealed that their fatal confrontation won't happen just yet. It appears they will have this confrontation at some point in the future, long after Civil War II ends.

Next page.

But again, the fact that they have knowledge of the vision alters the way everyone behaves, making it unlikely to come to pass. Ulysses' visions aren't set in stone, especially when people act differently to prevent them. This has been established several times.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying too. Miles is going to Washington because of the vision. I agree that its not going to happen at this point but Miles doesn't know this. He doesn't know that what the vision is predicting happens far into the future. He and everybody else assumed that it like the other visions would happen in the near future. And likely after this when Miles doesn't kill Cap, everyone except Steve will think the vision has been averted.

>Steve dies for the 1000th time

Meh its not even the real Steve

Well Tony's body is dead and he uploaded his consciousness. It's also hinted that Ulysses goes evil or insane.

>LaughingAlanMoores.jpg

Jesus christ this is great.

lmao

Of course Peter wasn't pulled into this, as Kamala pretty much took the role instead.

Here's the thing, you could totally make Carol a woman of pricipals and strength, but you have to develop her FROM that drunk with low sense of worth, TO that shining example of a heroine.

Bendis just shat all over existing cannon as he always does and just MADE IT SO. Because he's a cuck, and has been ever since he started raising two black children that aren't his for the black wife he married.

A friendly reminder that Bendis wants Peter dead so his Spiderman can be the defacto Spiderman, so his black kids can have a black spiderman as a black rolemodel.

This is a thing he actually said.

It's not like it'd be the first time they killed off Peter Parker.
Hell, Slott killed him off like 3 or 4 years ago. And then he replaced him with a chubby scientist that stole his body. Member?

And now, since Bendis can't kill Pete, he's resolved to kill off Tony and attempt the same "lets replace him with a villain" shtick but without any of the build-up or catharsis or just straight up wackiness. It's really depressing. Only Bendis could take a feel good premise like "super-villain takes over for super-hero" and suck all the fun out of it.

Nah, it'll be Ewing writing that, he's been hinting at an "Eternity War" since the first few issues of his New Avengers.

Disney and movies.

"Remove the mask!"
"I can't do that. Sorry."
"No, no, it'll be cool! Remember in the last Civil War when that other Spider-Man removed his mask?"
"No. No one does."

why would tony blame himself? He doesnt want the kid to be front and center.

Can't wait to find out on Monday, when it's spoiled

"If you take off your mask will it be painful?"

I am shocked.
Carol looks like a woman in this.

This. It's as if Marvel writers are not competent at all. Hit and miss for the most.

>can't [remove the mask]
Out of character. Miles is a compulsive self-unmasker. He should be jumping at this opportunity to expose his identity!
Bravo Bendis.

He's going there to die.

"Fuh yew."

You know this seems as good a time as any to ask, how much did Bendis fuck up this event?
And I actually want to prove this empirically. Granted, I don't think anyone plans on having to make Civil War II. Nobody wants that job. But I have to believe that a competent writer could have made something halfway decent, or at least good for a few chuckles like AvsX.
So I ask you, my comrades given these constraints:
>Event has to be called Civil War II
>Standard Hero vs Hero bullshit
>Need two big name heroes as headliners (Probably at least one has to be one of the heroes getting a movie soon (Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel)
>Needs to have Inhumans shoved into it because Perlmutter
>Minimal muties involved
What kind of story do you tell?

Hm, well, let's see.

I'd start with something like the Inhumans, if they gotta be there, getting the mutie treatment - a lot of government-folks wanting an eye to be kept on the city of genetic freaks. We can keep Carol as the leader of the 'let's nazi it up in here' and help try and bring the Inhumans in - OOC doesn't matter for shit with her current fucked-up status, along with... HydraCap as the leader of those who believe that the Inhumans should be allowed to have their own nation, apart from the world (inb4 mutants already tried that and they got their shit stomped in).

Carol tries her best to stick to the law, regardless of her own personal feelings on the matter, while HydraCap plays at being his old 'ultrahero of freedom' self, while working on pushing Carol's side into a corner - making her lose public support, doing the whole 'the Inhumans deserve the right to freedom like anyone else' speeches - while also directing them a bit to make the government seem untrustworthy and paranoid, due to his whole 'red rover red rover let Hydra take over' goal.

Could be a third faction of a few people - they don't want to go to war over this, but don't want a repeat of the original Civil War. Maybe led up by Iron Man, while not-Slott-written Spidey helping him out, since those two fucked up big time in the original. Carol's side getting more desperate as public favour shifts away from them, along with the Inhumans getting pissy, with Captain Chessmaster moving in to bring them down, and Iron Man's side trying to get them both to avoid a massive fight - Steverino making a subtle push for a battle might even set of a small warning bell for a few heroes as to there being something wrong with him.

Can have the heroes go at it in a big fight towards the end, the Inhumans helping out Steve as Carol's side in goaded into a fight, until the Inhumans finally decide to just say fuck it and go back into space, not wanting to stick around to be spied on.

Inhumans leaving, while mutants are dying, could be the kick-off for IvX anyways, and CapHydra manages to get some faith lost in the American government, furthering his plans, though with a few heroes now suspecting something is up.

This has been a shitty write-up by me while I'm sick, hope you enjoyed, Sup Forums.

Underrated.

This still bugs me as it suggests there is some kind of hint of something that the reader should be able to see, but there isn't, at least not that I can find.

I'm expecting a Hydra-America flag or something, but nothing.

To prove destiny wrong. He's a spiderman after all and the Web of fate can suck it

I had exactly this thought. It's just a boring drawing of Miles.

i think the most unbelievable thing about this event will be seeing people mourn tony if he dies

dude hasn't been remotely heroic since kurt busiek was writing him

its a mercy killing

They should change costumes every day by pinning the date on their chest/back so when visions hit they can know what date it will be - or at least that no one had time to change outfits

well slott did that too.

The pendulum swings, brother.

>Tony's body is dead

We don't know that.

Teleportation is one of the only things that fucks with Spider-man. It's inconsistent, but it has one of the best success rates out of any form of attack. Telekinesis to directly grab him is the most successful.