Batman: The Telltale Series

Just when you thought we were free from the Joker:

youtube.com/watch?v=z79_7imoD8c

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YwUil4kWuJ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Looks kinda bad desu

It was bound to happen. Children of arkham and nupenguin weren't enough to carry them for 5 episodes.

>tfw unironically enjoyed the minecraft series more than batman

As long as they keep it as a glorified cameo, I don't mind.

Will we ever get a major Batman game that doesn't have the Joker?

why'd they go with the NBA look for joker? even Mark Hamill agreed it sucked

Why would he have lipstick in Arkham?

he can't take his make-up off

Depends on the iteration, in many of them it's lipstick. Read Dark Knight Returns bruh.

true I've just never been sure if the lipstick is permanent or not, and I have read DRK I just found book 3 forgettable I guess

About time the Ventriloquist got some love.

I don't really mind as it looks like he is just your prison buddy that will betray you at the end rather than an actual antagonist

What is with that voice actor though? I thought it was Riddler before they showed the face

Sup Forums doesn't talk about video games silly willy

>ventriloquist
>Zsass

Nice, let's hope there are others

Finally....

Catwoman was the only reason why I was staying interested.

Why does the lighting seem so much better in the trailers

I doubt the scene will actually look like this

My Bruce would have broke those inmates bones

Really? Not even the best Two-Face since B:TAS?

I really hope this is a multiple seasons deal. Imagine getting to play as your Bruce for 5 seasons and getting to fully shape Bruce, Batman and Gotham.

They also surprisingly havent had any delays.

>tfw unironically enjoyed the minecraft series more than batman
You should feel ashamed tbqh.

>and getting to fully shape
Your first TT game I'm guessing?

No faggot I'm just not autistic and recognize your choices don't affect the story they affect the character interactions. Also did you play TWD? S2 ended completely different depending on your choices.

There's always Season 2.

The Game of Thrones "game" also had some shit go down that -seemed- pretty crucial depending on how you played it out. It's obviously super easy to take shortcuts to work it all out on their part, but to a normie who's not thinking about it too hard it SEEMS awesome and that's what they're going for.

What they're doing, and what they've always really done, is creating a visual novel or film that you simply change the flavor of.

>Already a trailer for Episode 4
Holy shit Telltale is pumping out the episodes at a decent pace now

It's probably because it's making them some real dosh

Usually by this point you'll see the season for half off

Assuming there is one, since they're doing Marvel games next.

>B-BATMAN?

I love the Joker's voice

>Daaaarling.

At least it wasn't a "Joker was behind the Children of Arkham" twist.

Did you genuinely think you'd get out of this without Meme-Man making an appearance?

Looks like it will be the best episode yet. I have only 2 big complaints with this series :

this Bruce is too much of a pussy and feels powerless as Bruce Wayne. He never really fights back, never plans anything against the children of Arkham. As the real Bruce Wayne, he feels way too emotional complete with puppy eyes and all the "I luv you Selina" bullshit. I understand this is an elseworld but the whole point of this elseworld would have been more impactful with a (real) Bruce closer to the comics (colder, more distant etc). All the fun is seeing how this one would crack and respond to having his world shaken, and we don't really get that here because this Bruce is already more emotionally receptive. And now we see him get his shit kicked by inmates.

Second, I hate how they force consequences on you to get you back to where they want the story to go. Alfred crying over you breaking some criminal's arm , Harvey losing his shit even if you save him, and no way to bring him back after he gets his face fucked up. The writing feels lazy and could be much more than that, it was better in The Wolf Among Us for ex. or at least wasn't as visible.

Sounds it too

I'm curious about the villains. The trailer implies that Batman didn't catch any of them besides Blockbuster. Who brought in Joker, Zsasz, Ventriloquist, etc? Was it Dent's forces or just regular cops?

is he supposed to look like a shittier version of miller joker?

Mate your first complaint is entirely on you. You do realize saying nothing is a dialogue option correct? My Bruce is cold and ruthless and so is my Batman. They both rarely talk and when they do are stern as shit. I barely said anything to Selina, told her I didnt owe her anything and then slammed my fist on the table and told her she WILL tell me what I want to know. Stop responding to everything someone says to you with dialogue if you want a cold angry calculating Bruce.

True.

Written correctly, Bruce and Joker being bunker buddies could be fun.

>Have Troy Baker voice Batman, not Roger Smith.
>Have some fool voice Joker, instead of Troy Baker.

Why do people like the Joker so much?

I am serious.

I used to like him because he seems like the type of guy who could get away with Silver-age tier schemes.
Nowadays, eh.

If I had to guess, it's mostly people who grew up on B:TAS, and therefore, grew up on Hamill's portrayal of him. Even reading DC growing up, that was my ideal Batman, not the one in the comics I was reading. Especially with stuff like Azrael-Bats, then Dick-Bats happening around that time, it was hard to stay engaged with everything changing when I was a kid.

But the cartoon was simple. I think a lot of people probably felt that way, and therefore associate their love for the Joker (and many other Bat-characters) with the animated series.

Yea, maybe have another touch of that bromance that happens when they aren't out to kill each other.

Be something if this is just bad luck Joker and he's in there because things went sideways and he went a bit crazy but he's not the murderous psychopath yet.

Bruce's actions lead him to belive there is only one way for people to get the joke.

It seems most people's perception of Batman in general steems from the animated show in way or another.

Because he is an interesting character

Same way most people's perception of X-men and Spider-Man are from their animated series respectively.

I mean, if you figure most Sup Forumsmrades are in their late 20s, early 30s, then we were all somewhere between 4 and 10 when 1992 hit us with B:TAS. Make sense for that to be the most pleasing way to learn about Batman. Sure, some of us might have been reading comics, but some weren't whether due to age or just the overwhelming amount or lore or whatever.

As long as he's just hanging around Arkham I'm fine with it.

who /keepingselinaawayfrombruceatallcosts/ here

She's a bad influence so I keep her at spitting range

I want Bruce in deep with her so he gets his feelings hurt. I want Batman to suffer.

I enjoy watching his eternal struggle to fuck the Batman.

Telltale if there was ever a time to show for once that the damn choices matter its with what ultimately happens with Harvey.

She's easy slut.

Atleast Borderlands had some build up and if conditions.

I hope he's just Bruce's "friend" throughout his time in Arkham without really contributing to the plot.

Honestly, I was hoping Telltale wouldn't take the easy way out and instead use the opportunity to showcase Arkham's lesser known inmates

I'm really iffy about TT Penguin

Zsass and the ventriloquist are in dude

>being cold to Selina and treating her like a criminal
>telling Alfred to go to hell and don't forgiving him
>being brutal to criminals just for fun
>not trusting the police and Gordon

this is objectively the best way of acting

Hello serious.

Blockbuster is pretty obscure, m8.

Thought it bothers me that no one is questioning the very large, blue-skinned monster man running around.

I'm just waiting until it's all wrapped up. Telltale games end up usually going on sale when the final episode is released, meaning you get to finish it basically at the same time as people who paid full price on day one.

he makes for a better shadow archetype than most of Bruce's foes.
of all the people to stare down the bat, Joker is the one who can say 'I am you" and have the closest thing to a point

Riddler doesn't really have the violence about him. Bane doesn't have the presentation. Catwoman doesn't have the pride. Penguin doesn't have the gravitas or secret identity. Mr Freeze lacks juxtaposition of themes.

For what its worth, I actually didn't watch BTAS growing up. The batman of 'my childhood' was Schumacher's and Joker doesn't even show up in those films. Though it did give be a big dose of 'not muh' regarding Gotham.

So why is daddy Wayne a bad guy now?

youtube.com/watch?v=YwUil4kWuJ0

>Bane doesnt have the presentation

Casual please stop talking. Bane is literally evil Batman. Raised in a prison, created a mantle to scare criminals so theyd fear and obey him, and obsessed.

Why so serious

I mean that when it comes to caring if he's putting on a good performance, he does so no more than any other standard crime lord. Bane sends his messages with his fists, not with elaborate costumes and putting his symbol on everything he intends to use. He just puts on his mask and gets to work. He doesn't showboat as much as Batman, Riddler, Joker and related

better question

why is it that Batman's sidekicks are allowed their own identities and backstories but every Harley Quinn is written as 'THE' Harley Quinn.

it would let them have their cake and eat it too if they went 'well here's the first Harley Quinn, she ran off and is an anti-hero now. Here's the second Harley Quinn, she killed children with bombs in gameboys, got death row, and now she's on the Skwad. Here's the third Harley Quinn who is currently shagging Joker and does whatever he says.

>cheapining the character by creating multiple versions of her

He looks like an alien. Absolutely disgusting.

what cheapens a character is having them being written drastically different across several contemporary books and pretending they are all the same person with the same backstory at the expense of character development

Because it's hard to have an 'eat the rich' narrative without dirtying the Waynes up in some way

because of that Hurt guy

Holy kek man please stop talking and go read Knightfall. Bane is all about putting on a performance. He was obsessed with breaking Batman in front of all of Gotham so they knew he was the one in charge now.

I'll never understand people who try to talk about characters they barely know anything about.

most of Knightfall was Bane acting in the shadows and wearing down Batman and then assaulting him at home and after that throw him in the middle of the street

I get what he means, the Joker is more in your face and doing stuff that everyone can see from the start as in a big show

This joker looks fucking TERRIBLE.

But Bane is clearly Batman's shadow and created as a parallel. Only moviefags see Joker as Batmans ultimate enemy. Joker is much better suited to a background character and is about the psychological side of Bruce. Bane is the all encompassing parallel.

looks more like Johnny Charisma

I think the logic is that Joker is more of an opposite to Batman so it works better in a nemesis kind of way

>Only moviefags
No, it was definitely Morrison and Moore and Casali who convinced me. I've yet to see a live action Joker I liked.

But thats not true. Bane was literally created to be his opposite.

Ysosrslol '_*

>not knowing thats an elseworld

I hate this place.

If you read Bane as being in ANY way as theatrical as Joker you're fucking delusional. Bane isn't theatrical; he took over the fucking city and in turn the city paid attention. Apart from dragging the sad sack of shit to the ghetto to break his back the only people he put a performance on for were the mob bosses and the scores of hookers he was running through.

But I do absolutely agree with you that Bane is the Anti-Bats much more than the joker. The joker's determination and perseverance aren't really ever looked into much. Its usually "he's the Joker so of course he has a big prop plane filled with bombs and enough of some laughing gas to fill a major city."

On the other hand, we got to see bane make himself into a fucking animal pre-venom using a very similar determination due in small part to the bat nightmares. The "fear of the bat" drove Bruce to use it as a weapon, Bane grew up quite literally dreaming of grabbing that weapon and breaking it.

And IIRC wasn't he the first one in the comics to just flat-out fucking deduce where the cave was and in turn who was Batman? Thats the shit Batman does to people usually. Joker doesn't do that.

I like it.

I meant opposite in the most literal term.
Like, Joker is colorful Batman isn't. Batman is serious Joker is "funny", Batman works in the shadows Joker like to put up a show etc.

Bane is meant to be the anti-Batman but he is more similar to him in many aspects and that's why it works.

telltale have turned into a fucking joke. fucking meme developers..

No one cares Sup Forums

Am I the only one that likes the look? Aside from the lack of lips, it's alright.

Voice will take some time to get used to but it isn't bad either. Would be funny if Troy was voicing him again so he would be voicing BOTH the Joker and Bats.

how does it being an elseworld matter? something doesn't have to be in-continuity to have something worth saying about the relationship between two characters

>Batman works in the shadows Joker like to put up a show etc.
while Batman leaps from the shadows, he still goes out of his way to make his exploits as visible as possible. hence the cape and cowl, the bat-signal, batarangs, stuff like intentionally getting shot while wearing a bulletproof vest under his armor to instigate rumors that he can't be killed, and he almost always goes out of his way to make a dramatic entrance to maintain that 'larger than life' impression

Oz did nothing wrong.