Were they ever were romantically involved? Of what I've read of them so far, I never got that vibe...

Were they ever were romantically involved? Of what I've read of them so far, I never got that vibe. Or am I bad at subtext?

Never. Maybe Ultimate or whatever but who gives a fuck about alternate realities.

Got it. I was doing some reading after I read about a TV adaptation. But the pitch for the series is "superhero lovestory." It's gonna be awkward, ain't it?

Yep.

Not only that but Bendis wrote it so disregard it entirely.

I haven't read their Ult. I've just started reading some random stuff of theirs actually.

>Modern Hollywood
>Platonic brother sister relationship
No, user, you can't have that.
Even if its the better characterization

You have to have romance in TV shows, no one will watch it otherwise

desu if I was on a super team with young women with perfect bodies and skintight and/or revealing costumes I wouldn't want to be platonic either

Keep telling that, Adonis.

>skintight and/or revealing costumes
> implying they'll adapt Dagger's costume on live action.

Here is how it would go in RL
You have a dating round
Either the sex is good, or the relationship is sour
Everything end up platonic very fast.

I will be the first to admit something like The Flash is hyper sexualized, in true Hollywood fashion. But at the least its tame, and its only a part of the ride.
Cloak and Dagger is a lot worse, mostly because its not a ride, its a side mission.

Where are they airing this again? It's not on ABC right?

Whatever they're calling ABC Family these days

> As Variety reported back in April, a new Marvel show called Cloak And Dagger is heading to the Freeform cable channel, which was formerly known as ABC Family and serves as a young-people-friendly corner of Disney’s TV empire.

>Marvel's TV chief Jeph Loeb has now revealed why Cloak And Dagger ended up at Freeform, instead of ABC or Netflix.

>"It’s a love story that happens to have characters that have always traditionally been in that age group," Loeb is quoted as saying by SlashFilm. "It’s not like we took something and made it into a YA. It speaks to a YA audience and is a YA property. Would I do 'Punisher' on Freeform? I don’t think that’s going to connect the same way."

>So, this is all about Marvel trying to reach out to Young Adult audiences. They could have stiff competition on that front, in the TV market, since recent news suggests that the Divergent series could make a diversion onto television.
Freeform has apparently ordered a full series of Cloak And Dagger, which Variety is describing as a 'live-action interracial romance'. The network is targeting the fairly large demographic of human beings within the age range of 14 and 35.

>"It’s a love story that happens to have characters that have always traditionally been in that age group," Loeb is quoted as saying
I hate you Loeb

they were kept apart in a time where black man and white woman was considered disgusting and they were forced together in a time where black man and white woman is the current political agenda and fetish being promoted by globalist cucks who love seeing their wives fucked by black men specifically.

>'live-action interracial romance'
Is this what these two characters are reduced into?

>EFW Colleen/Danny happens

they could have thier own SO's or love interest. Gawd, I can just imagine the flood of Sup Forums and tumblr shippers inserting this Sup Forums canon here

Ultimate made them a couple, but no one gives a shit about Ultimate.

The comics hinted a little that they might have experimented a little at one point, but it's mostly Cloak crushing on Dagger and Dagger wanting a life outside of Cloak and superheroing. Dagger can still walk amongst people (give or take Mr Negative having reversed their powers which seems to be forgotten now) and tries to get an education & friends outside of being stuck with Cloak and his baggage. This only goes so far and Cloak is still kinda forcing her to stick around and ignore those people before he loses it.

Freeform. A channel doing very poorly since renaming and refocusing on more SJW friendly show topics (plus Pretty Little Liars.)

Probably be closer to the USM cartoon look

I always just assumed they were romantic because they're two opposite gendered adults who are basically inseperable
then again I don't understand shit about people

You are a sad, strange little man

Tyrone has always been in love with Tandy and Tandy has recently just settled for Tyrone

That's her Dave Marquez design

Cool

BLACKED!!!

I cant wait for the whitelash

>talk about how its stupid they're going to be romantic in the tv show at my lcs
>I'm called a racist because shitty friends think I only have a problem with it because it's a black man and white woman

Fuck, now I know why i like some much Merlin from nanatsu no taizai. Is coming back to me

who called you racist?

Faggots at the comic shop. I thought I made that clear

What's the deal with her outfit, anyway? I thought C&D were low-budget, street-level types. Did she steal it from Dazzler or something?

> It’s a love story
In the sense that they're opposite sex and work together? Or they have a shared traumatic experience and they depend on each other instead of getting adequate help for their problems?
Come the fuck on.

>I don't understand shit about people
Probably. I've known an opposite sex bestfriends who were never got romantically involved. They have they're own separate SO's. Our clique as the why and they just said that it's more like they see each other as siblings. Must be the same for Cloak and Dagger.

Emma probably had her go through her closet.