How do we stop eternal mouse from conquering the world?

How do we stop eternal mouse from conquering the world?

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/zfikbn.webm
a.pomf.cat/kfizdz.mp4
a.pomf.cat/uspqrr.mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=cKr616BOslU
youtu.be/6LLJT9yzPao?t=247
youtube.com/watch?v=5s9ph9n1Kkw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i never watched the pokemon cartoon but the new one looks fun

One post in and we're already to shill town.

CN wanted even more timeslots for TTGo, eh?

That thing behind him is just a digimon!

How did CN fuck up so bad it lost Pokemon? Granted the anime is garbage but I'm sure that shit still gets ok ratings, right?

can someone explain how CN lost this?

They only care about Teen Titans Go now, that's it!

>Disney XD
Fucking hell Disney, at least try and air new shows on your regular channel. I mean, C'mon.

CN what the fuck

That's pikachu.

It literally only aired once a week at 6 AM on Saturday Morning.
I'd imagine the Rat would try to give it favorable timeslots what with Pokemon being popular again for awhile, even if putting it on XD is gonna kill potential ratings.

Legendary designs since Gen 3/4 (depending on your nostalgia) have been free falling in quality.

Simple. We kill the Satoshi.

Ash finally has a legendary pokemon and it's one of the shittest ones. That's hilarious.

U wot m8

Did I stutter?

They probably didn't want to but the license/I.P. to the franchise and instead are doubling down with airing what it personally owns.

The crux of the matter is, CN/Time Warner wants to be frugal in their investments.

What the fuck?
Even as a kid I always considered the simplicity of a Pokemon's design endearing; especially compared to Digimon and all those other knockoffs. Usually you could just look at one and get the basic gist of what that monster was all about; they were understated, but charming.
I don't even know what that fuck that's supposed to be though. It's not anything. I guess there's like a shell, and the orange thing goes inside of it, and it floats or something. I couldn't even begin to speculate on its type though.

a.pomf.cat/zfikbn.webm
a.pomf.cat/kfizdz.mp4

What is this even supposed to be based on?

Disney needs a new mouse mascot because they can't keep dodging copyright expiration forever.

Enter Pikachu.

a.pomf.cat/uspqrr.mp4
my bad, ignore that first one

>Pokemon on Disney XD
>Disney XD
Holy shit Cartoon Network fucked up so badly

It's supposed to be a piece of a totem that represents a chicken/rooster when it's closed. It's not great.

It's an electric/fairy type. The shell is a mask meant to resemble a totem pole.
Remeber that's it's a legendary from a region based on Hawaii.

That's a neat little design exercise. Is that the only example around?

>it's now XD
>implying the show isn't going to be on at 12 at night

Yes. It's what you might call cherrypicking.

the horror....the horror...

Wow, it finally happened.

Pity this means terrible ratings. Like, cancellation worth.

here are the other three

Fuck, I was gonna say Ghost and Fire.

Pic related is the only other one I know of.

Every single cartoon is either going the Mouse or Netflix.

CN fucked up hard. Their arguably most popular show right now, Steven Universe, isn't even getting second fiddle to Teen Titan go's treatment.

Regular Show, which was still somewhat popular near its end, had one last season that got blown out in a month. New shows don't even stand a chance.

Cartoon Network is where cartoons go to die.

Go away, Boco.

youtube.com/watch?v=cKr616BOslU

their music is great too

Yeah, they've been bad. I'd say it started somewhat less organic legendaries of gen 3 although they still looked pretty good. But seriously, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Heatran, Darkrai, etc. were definitely all overdesigned shit that were in no way recognizable as any kind of animal or object or whatever. The recent Ultra Beasts are the worst yet.

The pink one looks like an alternate costume for that other fairy/steel legendary that looks even worse.

jesus fucking christ this show is gonna be on as long as the simpsons.

It's not even like Pokemon was in an important time slot, it aired on Saturday mornings right?

Okay.

That's a terrible example because Empoleon is a water steel type
All the extra ridges and stuff are there because the designers wanted the aspect of steel to be present
It would make less sense without all pointy bits

Also, the Gen 1 version looks like garbage because they didn't redo the belly portion symmetrically, just look at the neck on it's righthand side

Eh, could've left the blue trim on the wings, it doesn't quite communicate the fact that it's a dual type with steel.

>Disney XD has Yokai Watch, Doraemon and now Pokemon

What the hell is going on

Found this one.

Steel didn't exist in gen 1.

Aside from the leg spikes, that charizard looks great. The garchomp is an improvement, but feels a bit too incomplete. Keeping the red belly without the yellow patch would've been better.

>those are Pokemon
>these are whet Pokemon look like now
Fuck, I feel so out of touch. Curse you young people of today!

I feel like it should have kept the blue edges on the fins and left the stomach white. Other than that though, loosing the blue thing down the chest and the stomach frills seems like a good design choice.

Yeah, the artist went too far on the other direction. Pokemon are best when their design matches their functionality.

I remember flipping through the channels and being surprised I saw Doraemon being aired on Disney.

I thought that only aired in Asia and Europe

Touché.

Ultra beasts are specifically designed to look as un-pokemon-like as possible. And that's why I like them

So the point is moot
You're essentially saying what if this pokemon was redesigned with a different typing, not that this pokemon is overdesigned or one generation is better than the other

These are really on point, except Gen 3, I don't really see it.

>heir arguably most popular show right now is Teen Titans Go!

Steven Universe appeals a lot to dorks, but normies don't even know what it is and the ones that know dismiss it as a kids show.

So Adventure Time is still number 1 around the world believe it or not.

>these are whet Pokemon look like now
They aren't though. Ultra Beasts are kind of their own thing design wise. This is what an average gen 7 pokemon looks like.

That Hitmonlee looks fucking great, I want one.

So what happens when AT ends next year?

IIRC those "Pokemon" are actually from a parallel dimension. Which kinda excuses it.
DORMAMMU

Same, when I think designs of gen III, I think straight lines and hard edges. The picture reminds me of something from Gen II, maybe except the "pants"

This koala pokemon that's not much more than a real koala holding a log (but I guess Farfetch'd has been around since day one) reminds me of a fakemon gen in which the grass starter was a koala that evolved into grass/fighting.

I always went back to look through it every time a new game came out and be amused by the fact that those pokemon look much better than some of the official ones.

We watch as CN slowly morphs into the Teen Titans Go Network.

Teen Titans Go! becomes the actual most popular show in CN since normies do know about it and like it.

Difference being is that around the world Teen Titans Go is not spammed 20 hours per day, so people see it as a breath of resh air compared with most cartoons in CN, believe it or not.

I mean, in Costa Rica watching Boomerang is basically watching 2000s Cartoon Network, Dexter, Ed, Edd and Eddy, Samurai Jack, Johmmy Bravo, they even use those old bumps and shorts

Most people overreact when they see new Pokemon because, more often than not, it's the legendaries or inanimate objects they have problems with.

Take this lil' guy for example.

>fakemon
You said the secret word, here's your prize.

Dunno what to tell you. Game Freak likes to cover different bases when they design new mons. Sometimes they just cartoonify an animal. Sometimes they give us pic related.

I remember going to Cancun back in 2010.

Seven hour blocks of Johnny Test.

Reminder.
youtu.be/6LLJT9yzPao?t=247

Some of these are great, most are salvageable, even the troll ones.

I don't think it's about CN losing it, time slots seems to indicate they didn't gave a single fuck about it and for all the buzz P Go produced nobody seems to care much about the actual show.

That celebi and hitmonrocklee look cool though.

They only air it once a week at 6 in the morning

Ehh, I say that most people that overreact about the designs or hate on the anime saying that is terrible and among the worst, they don't really get Pokemon or quality in general.

The current anime is brilliant, the animation is better than ever, sometimes it looks like a fucking movie!

youtube.com/watch?v=5s9ph9n1Kkw

>P Go produced nobody seems to care much about the actual show.
Actualy it's the opposite. If you check Netflix charts, the popularity of the show on there have sky rocketed since Pokemon Go was released.

>Literally Vic Viper
>And a Bug-type
Is this real? What gen?

>outdated
Fuck, let me try again

Serena is best girl

Just wait until they pick up Sonic Boom after CN drops out to air more Mighty Magiswords.

It is. Gen 7's Caterpillar > Cocoon > Flying Insect.

Gen 7. Just like the koala and the totem poles.

We now have the Alola versions to use on this. Good chunk look horrible, and I keep seeing fans making much better designs.

>This koala pokemon that's not much more than a real koala holding a log

Wait until you see the TOUCAN.

It is basically a cartoon toucan, same colour too.

While I hate most of the designs of this generation, I like this nigga here.

Kids watch it, I'm sure, but there's nothing about the dub that'd attract most Pokemon fans.
Actual fans would just watch the original dub with subs, nostalgiafags/normalfags, the people Pokemon Go got, aren't going to watch it, just on principle or just because it isn't the original or something they're familiar with..
There was a bit of hype for the anime when it looked like Ash was going to win the league, which got a view people even watching the dub, but when he lost, and honestly no one should've bought into that hype, myself included, that died down a bit too.

Might as well drop this here and now so we can react to this gem all at once.

I think this is a pretty good example too

Funny, if this didn't happen they'd probably be running a marathon this Saturday. They usually did that when a new game came out.

>Actual fans would just watch the original dub with subs

Retard weaboo logic, most people watch Pokemon in their own language and by most people I mean the non weaboo audience.

Getting in/during the hate, I hink they're all cool.

So the new one? I might have to pic this up.

Really? Must be an local anomaly then, despite Pokemon being insanely popular here in south america during the early 2000's and pokemon go a wide success among teen/20's generations, kids don't seem to be very motivated.

Ultra Beasts are explicitly NOT Pokemon.

Dude Necrozma is not a UB he's this gen third legendary, you know sun and moon the prism pokemon

You mean toucannon? Nah, he's cool

How can CN fuck up so hard?

Pokemon go was huge and reintroduced pokemon ti little kids, pokemon moon and sun are now out, and there's Live action movies waiting. Wizard of the coast NEVER recovered from losing the Pokemon TCG. CN just lost their "simpsons".

That's... It? There's only, like, 70 unique new pokemon.

>wah wah, quit liking things I don't like

what happens is that CN is only focusing on cartoons that they produce and since they don't have a say in Pokemon merchandize while they do in the other shit, I can see higher ups not giving a shit and dismissing the show as unnecesary.

Despite being FUCKING POKEMON, higher ups just think about retarded math like '' Better owning all the show than just part of it, always!!''

>CN just lost their "simpsons".

And now CN just gained an extra timeslot for their Spongebob.

It has nothing to do with "weeaboo logic", just that the original comes out first, and most people agree that the current dub, at least with English, is pretty bad, or at least the stigma of that being true hasn't gone away. Most People who discuss it online, the people in the Pokemon anime fandom, are going to be watching and discussing the Japanese episodes as they come.

Last gen only had about 70 new ones too. They're cutting back on new ones per gen in favor of giving old ones new forms. Last gen gave us Mega Evolution, this time we have Alola Forms.