What was the point of this?

What was the point of this?

world building

SHOVEL OUT THE SHIT!

To in form you that THE FUCKS ARE AT IT AGAIN

So nostalgiafags can know what their le epic characters have been the past 25 years. But they all got Lynched because most of them dont fucking matter.

but didnt most of them not matter in s1 n s2 aswel?

To inspire Nadine to let Big Ed get Norma finally.

To establish the plot of Nadine "Setting Free" Ed so he can finally be with Norma. One of the handful of plot lines that was actually tied up. Also general quirkiness.

Make an amazing Alex Jones character who spits redpills while also not ignoring he sells his own brand of horseshit

>flashback to nuclear blast
>lodge woodsmen spirits take over a radio station and make everyone sleepy so that infernal bugs can crawl up their orifices and taint them forever

>present day
>a radio station operates in Twin Peaks
>nothing comes of it

was the point of this happening so they can explain why so many people are acting fucked up(s1 and s2) cause there infected by these infernal bugs?

A positive note in an otherwise dark S3 which was mostly about aging and losing oneself. These "forgotten" characters find a connection through his dumb radio show and realize that they're not so alone. Like how Jacoby is so happy just to see one of his shovels or how Nadine is surprised that he remembered seeing her look for a potato. Later the whole Ed and Norma thing. Showing that it's possible to find that sense of humanity.

>tfw I actually thought the Nadine/Jacoby romance was cuter than the Ed/Norma romance

Social commentary in conservative talk radio and how nonsensical it is?

Jacoby aged the best after 25 years

Obligatory DUDE DRUMPF LMAO by parodying Alex Jones

sometimes.things happen and you have to interpret them yourself. i think he got his medical license taken away and that made him hate the govornment and now he's a recluse that sells painted shovels to get by

Lynch was actually on Alex Jones at one point so I think this has less to do with Trump and more that Lynch just thinks Alex is a nut.

Yes, and it was also an interesting way of turning a conspiracy theory discourse into a positive constructive way of thinking.

was he our guy

What did he mean by this?