What would Sup Forums's version of this for comics look like?

What would Sup Forums's version of this for comics look like?

45 Marvel, 45 DC, and 10 "token indies" like Hellboy and Maus.

not one franco-belgian comic?, or are they considerd here to be also indies

I'll put Tintin on there if I ever upgrade to 6x6, but let's be honest, the average Sup Forumsmrade has never read Asterix, and Asterix never appears in threads of re/co/mmendations for new readers.

As a Euro I consider them mainstream. Pic related might be too different for Sup Forums's demographic.

>graphic novels
Some insecure Sup Forumsconuts are going to be offended by this.

another for Euro-ish comics.

you both forgot Freaks Squeele

"No."

Only way to find out is to do it

Sup Forums discussed this before: diversity of tastes precludes simple rankings. Dumping recs previousl from here.

>tfw I read third of those already
It certainly helps magazine I buy prints those comics there.

wow 100 books and I have read I think 5 of them, and only 1 in the top 50. I am such a fucking plebian

This pic related is more a categorisation of visual styles and may not indicate reading value.

Million times I've seen this and each time I wonder what the hell is the first word.
>Dinotopia
There's comic? No shit?

>tfw you had to read all those Russian novels because muh school
Most of those books are just dudes feeling shitty, anyway.

>implying Sup Forums is well read or even tries to appear to be well read

Surreal.

To be honest, I think some of those categories don't work, and some comics are just shoved in where they don't belong.

Pic related does more for me as a categorical list.

Surreal! And I keep trying to make ON DRUGS fit in there somehow.

I'm older than the usual demographic and have read 20, about half as part of mandatory weekly book reviews at school. I consider myself generally unread preferring science and technology and had to be cajoled to read non-science fiction books.

Pic reated is list of 2015 FNAC comic award winners, only read one of them.

>Le Grand Méchant Renard
That was great!

I've read two.

I give The Sculptor 6/10 (technically skilled but uninspired).
I give Two Brothers 8/10 (good but not exceptional).

I loved the original Trashed, I should really get around to reading the newer/bigger version.

>Part 2 never

I like it, here's a post I saved with a similar theme

Am I missing something with Locke and Key? I read the first volume, but really wasn't wowed like everyone else seems to be. Does it pick up, or is it just not for me?

I was bored by it too. I think people only bought it because of who the author's father is.

After all, the first issue sold out BEFORE it even hit the stands. Fucking pre-orders. That's not selling on quality, that's selling on brand appeal.

I always felt like Neverending Story should have been on /lit/'s.

I've read 12 myself which was more than I expected to have read, but I'm surprised there was no Vonnegut. Does /lit/ not like him or something?

Try again.

Some of my favorite and less known/read comics are:

Stray Bullets
The Eternaut
Casanova
Dungeon(Donjon)
FreakAngels
Asterios Polyp
Ware's Acme Novelty Library

There's of course good stuff that is more well known like Watchmen, Maus, Love and Rockets, Tintin, ...

There's Slaughterhouse-Five and Sirens of Titan, m8. Although I thought /lit/ considered him mediocre, I'm surprised he's on there.

It's more that they consider him overrated or TOO popular. Too many upper middle class white girls have 'so it goes' tattooed on them for their taste. /lit/ is a bunch of elitist hipsters, after all.

>or are they considerd here to be also indies
Mainstream kiddie shit mostly like your pic but there are some good underground/alternative franco-belgian works for adults too of course but they aren't considered "indie" really here in Europe.

>Guy Delisle
He's french-canadian though.

This. Sup Forums is so out of touch with the real comics world i.e comics for adults.

I kind of want to make a recommendation list of some kind. Or instructions on getting into comics, or just some kind of infographic. Not even necessarily Sup Forums-related. Any suggestions?

How are any of those "less known"?

fuck me, I looked over it twice and missed those.

This thread got me to thinking and staring at my bookcase. So if I was gonna thrown out my 10 favorites it'd probably be this

Big Questions
From Hell
Tricked
Punk Rock and Trailer Parks
RASL
Habibi
Koko Be Good
Anya's Ghost
Monsters
Skyscrapers of the Midwest

I've read all of these multiple times except Skyscrapes cause it is a major downer.

What's wrong with the lists already posted in this thread?

I'm pretty sure they are to the average Sup Forumsmrade.

well fuck them, and if they feel that way then put Breakfast of Champions and Mother Night on the list. Those were superior books in my opinion.

?
Nothing, I just want to make one. Or something similar.

delusional indiefags are adorable

>Tricked
>Punk Rock and Trailer Parks
>Monsters

These are in my shelf too. Punk Rock & Trailer Parks is the only one of them I've read twice though. I've been meaning to get Skyscrapers of the Midwest for some time. Thanks for the reminder,

Alright, go for it.

tbf the one's I've heard of from prior threads weren't even on comic download sites when I looked. :^)

Geeks who doesn't realize that capeshit, fantasy and sci-fi has moved on to film/TV are adorable.

doesn't mean they don't belong in comic form :^)

Guy Delisle is Canadian

The people who made those images aren't here.

hopefully less pretentious