Thors hammer is destroyed

Thors hammer is destroyed
Jane does not appear because of bifrost
Hiemdall has his sight taken away

Hel wants to disconnect the realms for the world tree

Hel is Loki's mother, and Friggas sister

Hulk is hulk for 90% of the film, him and Thor break open the "star world"

Thor learns that he's not actually Thor, he's Odinson, Thor is a god that existed eons ago that was trapped in the star world by Hel.

Thor regains his power after he's freed and helps kill Hel

Odin dies, odinson becomes the new asgard king.

sounds pretty ballsy

I can live with this

Sounds pretty bullshit considering all we know thus far.

>Hel is Loki's mother

Weird.

Sounds like Chronicles of Riddick

>Hel
Who?

If it's half as ambitious and twice as successful as Chronicles of Riddick, it'll be amazing.

There were a lot of issues with Chronicles, but credit where credit is due they did a fucking amazing job with the epic scale and world-building in the film.

... then they fucked it all up rehashing Pitch Black in the third film.

>Hel is Loki's mother
Triggered

But... Loki is Hel's mother!
He became impregnated by a witch's heart he ate. He also gave birth to Fenris the Wolf and Jormungand the Serpent.

>No mention of an infinity gem
>No Doctor Strange
fake

Isn't it the reverse in the myths? I don't know much about Marvel's Thor

>then they fucked it all up rehashing Pitch Black in the third film.
Riddick was better as a small scale adventure, not some game of thrones shit. They brought the character back to where he belongs, scaring killers and being his own force of nature.

The first ~20% of the movie was great, the bits with him on his own recuperating and surviving... but as soon as he got to the merc station the entire movie basically became a scene-for-scene remake of Pitch Black.

Chronicles took the character in a different direction and was probably too ambitious for its own good... but at least it TRIED.

Norse myth's equivalent to Hades.

But with tits.

are you 10?

>Thor learns that he's not actually Thor, he's Odinson
What
Hasn't he been called Thor for his entire life
How the fuck is he not Thor
Like you can't have a name if someone else has used it in the past?
That's stupid

Couldn't they at least have come up with a better name than Odinson?
I mean shit, Balder is a character in the Marvelverse, right? Isn't he also Odin's son?

It's the reverse in the myths. In the comics, it's... extremely complicated. Loki created Hela in a really roundabout way, but Hela is significantly older than Loki. Hela also doesn't have any parents as a result of the weird stable timeloop bullshit associated with her creation, so the closest thing she has to parents are Loki as her dad and herself as her mom.

You should read Gillen's Journey into Mystery. It's pretty good.

user, Odinson is quite literally Thor's last name. Don't be an idiot.

No, he fucked a female Jotun and it gave birth to the 3 you mentioned

Hiemdall gets his sight removed

He sees all because he IS the soul gem

"You're a destroyer odinson"

How does that make it less stupid? I don't drop my first name just because I'm not the only person in the world who has it.

Well, Angerboda is described as both a witch and a jotun.

Female Thor is still called Thor

She posses the power of THOR

So her name would be Thor foster.
The mjolnir was forged way before Thor was born.

In the first Thor movie, we see him in his hammerless form, he's got average asgardian strength. The hammer enchants him with Thor powers.

Vision was also granted thors powers in the final battle of age of ultron.

There was debate over at marvel whether or not the hammer should be a gem, and they agreed hiemdall should have a gem instead

Those are two different stories.
The older one is a poem, Hynduljod, that describes Loki giving birth to unspecified monsters after digging an "evil woman"'s heart out of her funeral pyre and eating it, possibly to keep her from resurrecting.

The other source, the prose Edda, tells of Loki's jotunn-wife Angrboda with which he had Hel, the Fenris wolf and the Midgard serpent.

It's often thought that they're variations on the same story and that the evil woman is Angrboda (and possibly yet another character, Gullveig, who instigated the Aesir-Vanir war) but nobody knows for sure.

That's also stupid because even if you accept the retcon that Thor is a title then why the fuck doesn't Thor-son-of-Odin have a first name

Just to add, Loki possessed witch like abilities inherited from Hel.

He also becomes a full frost giant witxh with the help of hel, who promises to bring frigga back from the "death realm" (constellation cluster) if he helps take destroy the world tree. Then a twist explains that Hel is actually his mother, and the sister of frigga.

>Hel is Loki's mother
This is retarded.

It doesn't make sense, but that's what they're doing.

And they are doing something similar with black panther. The panther is a mantle that's passed down the family line.

Valkyrie is aligned with Hel for about 1/3 of the movie

>Vision was also granted thors powers in the final battle of age of ultron.
>There was debate over at marvel whether or not the hammer should be a gem, and they agreed hiemdall should have a gem instead

[citation needed]
Other source than your ass, I mean

>this is just setting up a future Whor movie

ugh

>And they are doing something similar with black panther. The panther is a mantle that's passed down the family line.

black panther as always been a mantle passed on, fucking casualbaby

>Thor learns that he's not actually Thor, he's Odinson, Thor is a god that existed eons ago that was trapped in the star world by Hel.
Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake.
They simplified all the mystic shit to lolancientaliens for a reason you plonker.

>Odinson

Gotta get that book synergy, now we can keep femthor

>Odinson
Literally Odin's son. It took him a fuckton of years to get it. Jesus, he's thick.

Aren't the Asgardians allowed to win one battle? They're a futuristic race whose science are so advanced that it's practically magic and all we see of them is getting their asses kicked.

Loki & Hela would call each other daughter & father whenever they crossed paths in the classic comics as an ode to the mythology but when Gillen came along 5 years ago he saw an opportunity for a plot point (see )
and said that was just them havin a laff those dumb mortals silly stories.
>sup "dad" *pffft*

...Then massive Gillen fangirl Margaruite Bennette grabbed a pen and for some confounded reason went NUH UH THAT'S JUST HEADCANON (literally, the word made it to the printed page) so I don't even know anymore.

In that case, I hope Whor tanks.

Literally why.
The comics follow the movies ,not the other way around. And Jane's fucked off from the latter.
If anything Whor'll die by next November for synergy's sake.

No, user, I'm saying you're an idiot for not realising that this is obviously fake because of how stupid that is.

>movies pandering to the current Marvel shit heap comics instead of the other way around
This is beyond fake.

So Thor is who mantels Thor?
Is this Elder Scrolls lore now or what?

Funny you should say. I got interested in Elder Scrolls specifically because someone compared how its lore works similarly to how Thor lore works.

...So are they seriously gonna go with the female Thor thing in the movies? Natalie Portman is gonna be Thor?

That all sounds fucking stupid and not Thor. But then again, what was I to expect from the producers of the first two.

Assuming this is real, it's an obvious setup for Whor down the line

This lacks Hobo Odin.

AKA Hobodin.