Is Jazz the best black invention ?

Is Jazz the best black invention ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zmciuKsBOi0
youtu.be/vTIIMJ9tUc8
youtu.be/yFfHA8v9GJg
youtube.com/watch?v=oAKfy2W70Qg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> Those who once went crazy for the waltz or delighted in the treacherous and conventional pathos of melodrama, now find themselves at ease surrounded by the convulsive-mechanical or abstract rhythms of recent jazz, both "hot" and "cool," which we must consider as more than a deviant, superficial vogue.
>Some have included jazz among the forms of compensation that today's man resorts to when faced with his practical, arid, and mechanical existence; jazz is supposed to provide him with raw contents of rhythm and elemental vitality.

degenerate, pretentious trash

yes

Jazz was a collaborative invention.

What happened to black people? Most of them seemed pretty normal before the 90s. Did gangster rap really corrupt them into the state they are on today? I mean you can't deny that blacks had a massive influence on music, after pioneering jazz and blues, which gave way to rock and other genres. What happened to black people? How can they save themselves from reverting back to literal savage monkeys?

Drug war and welfare

That or blues. Black music is probably the most important development in music since the equal temperament

Drugs and civil rights

Welfare state, dem plantations, declining school etc. Welfare state cuts you off instead of weaning you off. You just make a shit ton of money (equivalent) and then it drops off say if you get a $1/hr raise. That was even before the last few years which are making things even worse. Now it's "we wuz kangz" and "dindu nuffin" to the point of neighborhoods burning after a justified killing. It seems to be perpetuated by the Dems and the media, so much so that now white idiots are taking the bait in droves.

No, pic related was

WE

WUZ

Etymology

Jazz was played in the red light districts of southern cities. What do you do when you're about done with a prostitute? You jizz.

Rock and roll has a wider acceptance but jazz is pretty badass.

> instruments invented by Europeans
> exposed to Spanish, French, German music in Louisiana
> exposed to commoner white man folk music
> mish mash altogether because of lack of formal musical education

There are actually some people that think percussion and drums didn't exist in the west until black people.

Blues.

test

that or watermelon

>Invention
>Stacking stones in the easiest and most natural configuration

youtube.com/watch?v=zmciuKsBOi0
Blacks culturally appropriated rap from us whites

No, white people are.

>There are actually some people that think percussion and drums didn't exist in the west until black people.

It wasn't used like it is today. All classic music would become so much better with some real beat to it. Like Ekseption

>"I have given my life to try to alleviate the sufferings of Africa. There is something that all white men who have lived here like I must learn and know: that these individuals are a sub-race. They have neither the intellectual, mental, or emotional abilities to equate or to share equally with white men in any function of our civilization. I have given my life to try to bring them the advantages which our civilization must offer, but I have become well aware that we must retain this status: we the superior and they the inferior. For whenever a white man seeks to live among them as their equals they will either destroy him or devour him. And they will destroy all of his work. Let white men from anywhere in the world, who would come to Africa, remember that you must continually retain this status; you the master and they the inferior like children that you would help or teach. Never fraternize with them as equals. Never accept them as your social equals or they will devour you. They will destroy you."

>-- Dr. Albert Schweitzer, Nobel Prize Winner 1952, from his "African Notebook"

>All classic music would become so much better with some real beat to it.
Kill yourself.

That quote is fake

Pussy white cops

HAHAHAHAHA

>random notes
>invention
>musical masturbation
>literally making sex motions with their instruments

The blues are pretty awesome too.

The upper class white man was disconnected from the lower class white man.

The anglo man was also disconnected from the Iberian man which influenced the blacks in the South.

There were Spaniards in Louisiana.

To me, Jazz sounds influenced by gypsy, middle eastern, and even Indian music. This is why Spanish music sounds different than music in other parts of Europe.

youtu.be/vTIIMJ9tUc8

Indian music sounds like some Latin music to me, Gypsies are from ancient India.

youtu.be/vTIIMJ9tUc8

Jazz to me sounds influenced by stuff like this.

youtu.be/yFfHA8v9GJg

youtube.com/watch?v=oAKfy2W70Qg

If Jazz is a black invention, which imo it is about as much as most "inventions" are attributable to a race/culture, then it probably is the high point of black culture, yes. I mean, what else really would be? Jazz is really one of the only things that black culture has produced that stacks up to the top-tier of its counterparts from other cultures. It is really the only genre of music that genuinely can rival classical, and a lot of people who are genuinely into music wind up being mostly into one of the two or both.

>It is really the only genre of music that genuinely can rival classical
Did you know that Negro Louie Armstrong once played a concert by blowing the trumpet with his anus?