Films you forgot existed until recently

films you forgot existed until recently

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8KeOxeuiZjs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

La La Land

Ar go fuck yourself

That crap got an Oscar. Fuckin Hell!!

You don't care about niggers fucking themselves in the ass?! Kill yourself you racist bigot!!

Just like i forgot about Birdman, why are oscar winners so forgettable?

because they're shitty films that get rewarded by those insane critics for being boring snorefests

Because the oscars mean jack shit and only redditor plebs and women think they are prestigous

Anyone who hates this is just uncomfortable with anyone who doesn't look like them

>everything is a race issue

When did I say a thing about anything other than the film in question? Try not to get so triggered next time.

>everyone who criticizes my posts are just triggered

not him, but you do seem pretty triggered m8

That's not an argument my dude, looks like mine still stands.

not him either but
>leaving a greentext to highlight the stupidity in someone's post means you're triggered

You're trying way too hard m8. Either that or projecting hardcore, or both.

Great job of saying anything against my argument. People who hate this movie just don't like black and/or gay people. I would have more respect for (You) if (You) would just admit it.

>virgin
>directionless
>bullied
>mom hates him
>annoying faggot

this guy is basically Sup Forums

you forgot non-white

It's boring and overrated.

Not "boring" as in lack of explosions and chase scenes, but "boring" as in, lack of fucking plot, subtext, symbolism, original insights, creative exposition or any interesting character arc...

(protag goes from quiet black kid, to quiet autistic black teen to quiet badass dealer with no details given on how the final transormation comes about, other than breaking a chair on a bully's head...he's gay, too, SFW...it's 2017)

It's a 40 minute short subject indie film painfully blown up into a two hour Hollywood "epic".

"Fences" was the thought-provoking 2016 black play adaptation to see, not this.

yeah all people that hate niggers and fags also hate this movie, but not all that hate this movie hate niggers and fags
which means you're a fucking moron

>lack of fucking plot
You're just being intentionally obtuse. What about the scenes with his mother? What about the scenes with the guy who acts as a father figure for him? What about the lady who fills in as a mother to him? What about his confusion with his sexuality? What about realizing the world his father got caught up in, and becoming caught up in the same world himself, continuing the cycle? You obviously had no intention of liking the film, just be honest with yourself.

you just counted some life events, there's no plot in all of this garbage lmao

>watch the film because of the hype around it
>get to the part when faggots kiss
>nope.jpg

It was literally out of nowhere. I was just left confused.

If it was out of nowhere for you, then you either weren't paying attention or this film was just way over your head.

>watch gay niggers the movie
>surprised

half of those things were not explored to give time to "wooah look how sad he is because HE'S GAY and he's BLACK" and the other half were emotional bait without any layer of thought or humanity. It's the pandering of the decade m8.

For you. Any other shit arguments you want to spew out?

Youre tying way too hard to defend sjw bait, plain and simple.

You had no intention of letting an honest thought get past the social justice police in your head and you made up your mind before even seeing the movie so you could have the 'correct' reaction, just be honest with yourself.

Now shoo

>mfw the niggerfaggot lover in the thread is trying to defend this piece of trash of a movie
>mfw he takes all the baits and acts like a complete retard

When in the film is it foreshadowed that he was a faggot before that point?
I didnt know anything about the film. I just knew it was "good". Now I know its just sjw crap.

Completely subjective. Are you incapable with sympathizing with someone who doesn't look like you?
Wow, nothing you said is an argument against what I posted.

When he was in the field with the same dude he kissed later and looked at him for a weird amount of time, it was incredibly obvious that he was confused about what he was feeling.

Up to that point in the movie it is pretty clear the MC is a shy nigger. I can see it now because now I know the kids a faggot. But in my first watch you literally have no clues or anything for him being a faggot. Hell even the dude he kissed with said he had fucked some bitch. Why does he suddenly become a faggot too? This film is literally just a fucking mess.

It's almost like a lot of teenagers are confused about their sexuality. Does it make you feel better that the one that ended up being straight had a good life, and the one who ended up a faggot was completely unhappy?

I can understand thinking Moonlight wasn't great, but if you think it was bad, you're either uncomfortable with the subject matter, or a pleb, or both. It's an objectively good film.
The test is, if you liked Manchester by the Sea (which should have won) and didn't like Moonlight, then you're uncomfortable with the subject matter. If you didn't like Manchester by the Sea or Moonlight then you're a pleb.

I did not watch the whole film. After that part it literally screamed sjw. Fuck that.

More like coonlight tbqhwyf

I dont hate it but it doesnt even spark the minimum interest in me. What does that mean?

Pic related

I can understand being uncomfortable with that scene, I'm not a big fan of faggots either. I found the film overall to be pretty open to interpretation though. I thought it perfectly exposed most of the problems in the black community in the US, without having to be in your face about it. Every obstacle he faced was because of another ignorant nigger.

That it's not for you and you wouldn't enjoy it anyways.

>I did not watch the whole film.

Sup Forums in one sentence

The film was honestly really good up to that point. The aesthetic was kino af. Its just a shame they had to literally pull the faggot card.

>le subjective special opinions
>nothing you said matter because I said so
you're like a child
>objectively good film
>If you didn't like Manchester by the Sea or Moonlight then you're a pleb.
I see you just watched the past 2 oscars and came to appreciate pretty lighting and long takes. keep it up and someday you might have taste

There are a lot of other kino moments after that, I would suggest giving it another shot.
there is some more faggotry at the end too, just not as explicit

Probably will. Will probably skip those parts desu. Ty for the insight.

Moonlight is the opposite of SJW, it doesn't go 'yeah, being gay is fantastic', 'being black is fantastic' it says that stuff is hard, the protagonist is miserable. It doesn't paint him as a good person either, he traps and he is violent. He is bought up with an abusive drug addict mother, and he resents his adult friend for selling, but he grows up to sell too. It doesn't do this to build him up for a redemption arc either. It also doesn't paint white people as the oppressor, black culture is the oppressor, from his black schoolmates who bully him to his mother who abuses him strung out on crack, and his friend who sells it. Nor does he ever experience a sexual liberation that shows his gayness to save him or whatever, he doesn't fall in with a gay crowd, he doesn't get fucked in the ass, he's sexually repressed, and he stays that way, a lonely bitter virgin.

It's a subtle and nuanced film that isn't dogmatic or heavy handed, unlike your response to it.

I just thought it was really edgy to all of the sudden just make the dude have literally the most marginalized life ever. Ut was all cool until it turned out he was gay. Then it just got ridiculous.

Couldn't have said it better myself user. A lot of people assumed the intentions of the film without thinking about it because of the identity of the main character.

Literally every superhero movie.Moonlight is great though because i'm not a pleb.

He talks about it when he's having dinner, his mother talks about it smoking crack in the car, he's bullied for it, and it's the blatant subtext behind him wrestling with his friend on the field, showing each other their dicks in the classroom, his shy nature and his alienation in general.

If you were blindsided by him kissing the dude you're literally autistic.

Still a man, so it's medium difficulty at worst.

You are the kind of boring retard who prefers Fences over Moonlight and then wonders why Hollywood films are boring, uninteresting and systematic.

youtube.com/watch?v=8KeOxeuiZjs

>movies you forgot exist yet still posts threads about how much you forgot about it everyday

Sup Forums in a nutshell.

>remember that this movie caused a bidding war and got bought for some huge amount
>remember that is was tipped to sweep awards
>remember that the narcissistic nigger that acted and directed in it raped a white chick in college
>remember how the media tried to blacksplain it away
>remember that Hollywood quietly swept it under the rug and hoped everyone would forget

lol what a patronising way to win a diversity award

It was shit too
>the crowds reaction
>the white producer ladies speech, before the director
Hollywood is so fucking cringey jesus

thx now I don't have to waste time watching it.

Having fun slobbering on each others' dicks, Natsoc faggots?

For me

Actually, just talked about this movie again yesterday.

I genuinely enjoyed it. Not the most groundbreaking film in the world, but it was worth the ticket price.

I think about La La Land every day. Fucking phenomenal.

Tbf you can say the same thing about every best movie oscar in the past years.

I heard it's a reboot without the sci-fi element.

all me famalam
>not liking a gay black movie means you're a nazi
also, its ironic how try to insult us by calling us faggots, while defending a literal fag movie
goes to show how stupid this shitty film's fans are

its an attempt to avoid the inevitable 'reeeee sjw' posts, who barely exist on Sup Forums yet are mentioned whenever anyone defends something black or gay, faggot

I thought you guys were memeing when you said this movie was about a black man who's gay and this is actually what it's about...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry but to actually be black and want to fuck a guy who looks exactly like you who's also black... this is some really low life shit.

If this movie actually showed white woman and children being slaughtered like the facts describe, then this movie would have been held as some political masterpiece, showing how even the most suffered can turn into the most violent but the director was too much of a pussy.

>Fucking phenomenal
reddit

not him either but he doesn't seem triggered to me, his tone is pretty calm

>not liking a gay black movie means you're a nazi

You're just barely intelligent enough to know that's a false dilemma, user.