What is Sup Forums's favorite black music?

What is Sup Forums's favorite black music?
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrrWWJCP6a4gC_Fuo7w3IW2zbNKtjsEoV

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qIsbDzMRTf0
youtu.be/Zq5S5sH1Ikk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=2GnFvdaEl2Q
youtube.com/watch?v=pFBVAeowI0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=8tGQ6DfG3Tw
youtube.com/watch?v=vL5sdu3pNrU
youtube.com/watch?v=hRVOOwFNp5U
youtube.com/watch?v=jJpwnk2tJiw
youtube.com/watch?v=0P_vx4xEqoQ
youtube.com/watch?list=RDscZxGiy_t_k&v=__OSyznVDOY
youtu.be/0tgYr03o3dE
youtube.com/watch?v=-Y8QxOjuYHg
youtube.com/watch?v=Gs069dndIYk
youtube.com/watch?v=Usqwy2-E4SE
youtube.com/watch?v=DFrSBJ6GkyU
youtube.com/watch?v=f55UX5H3zJE
youtu.be/TdorgC9qUkI
youtube.com/watch?v=XVR6rKyxkwQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6sIjSNTS7Fs
youtube.com/watch?v=imYJpr09IgQ
youtube.com/watch?v=38_MwcGDNhQ
youtu.be/-hSLGccHncA
youtube.com/watch?v=A3yCcXgbKrE
youtube.com/watch?v=t6SXXx1Fu_4
youtube.com/watch?v=DwKS4PDaEi0
youtube.com/watch?v=sS9xhiudphU
youtube.com/watch?v=Y_o4omd8T5c
youtube.com/watch?v=ZRo48zg2iyU
youtube.com/watch?v=fOaxEa5ONJw
youtube.com/watch?v=qAfXhBX07X4
youtu.be/Z9nnp84f39c
youtube.com/watch?v=17lkdqoLt44
youtube.com/watch?v=r_IPV2zeDIc
youtube.com/watch?v=2aRC3YY3svs
youtube.com/watch?v=slBB10vhVaU
youtube.com/watch?v=Tqq-pRGLV3E
youtube.com/watch?v=O4o8TeqKhgY
youtube.com/watch?v=oUpf7dEHv50
youtube.com/watch?v=nSccEaz9dRM
youtube.com/watch?v=BNj2BXW852g
youtube.com/watch?v=0CFuCYNx-1g
youtube.com/watch?v=5SpkOcbVYS0
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=qIsbDzMRTf0

Louis Armstrong, of course

What piece would you recommend Sup Forums to get started?

youtu.be/Zq5S5sH1Ikk

James P Johnson, Fats Waller, Art Tatum. Basically, harlem renaissance stride piano. Blacks improving themselves without welfare.

Derrick May

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2GnFvdaEl2Q

I've had a soft spot for Duke Jordan since as far as I've learned about him. I prefer Eddie Higgins' composition but Jordan would be a close second.
youtube.com/watch?v=pFBVAeowI0Y
Flight to Denmark is awesome.

I just noticed that several bars of Dad's Army 'Who do you think you are kidding Mr Hitler' bear an uncanny resemblance to Satchmo's 'I want a big butter and egg man'

I'm enjoying this
youtube.com/watch?v=8tGQ6DfG3Tw

Sly and the Family Stone (surprisingly redpilled for the time and anti-race baiting)

Deltron 3030 (concept albums done right)

Wu Tang Clan (specifically RZA, best sound producer of the 21st century)

Miles Davis

marvin gaye
art blakey
miles davis
charles mingus
bobbi humphrey
dean blunt

cop a good compilation for his solo stuff
his album w/ Duke Ellington is amazing, as is the one with Ella Fitzgerald

I think Sup Forums could use more black appreciation threads, especially for the Americans.
I think acceptance of segregation works.

Great photo.

I think segregation was badly done, could've worked imo.
Sup Forums is too meme'd out to enjoy black thought

I don't mean segregation through policy
I just mean a general acceptance of it
Today's "culture" and wants to deny its nature

WE GOTTA START MAKIN CHANGES

youtube.com/watch?v=vL5sdu3pNrU

Uncle Ruckus "Don't trust them new niggers over there"

Do you think Hopsin is red pilled?

youtube.com/watch?v=hRVOOwFNp5U

do you?

Not really. I was into him for a while because he seemed very contrarian to mainstream rap but now it just feels like he's one of those "STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE YOU LOSER" kind of people.

That guy's not bad, I've been thinking about ponying up for his transcription of Jelly Roll Morton's Tiger Rag. Him, Adam Swanson and Stephanie Trick are all coming along nicely, but they still don't always swing. Not like this anyway

youtube.com/watch?v=jJpwnk2tJiw

(Ftas Waller and another stride pianist Hank Duncan having a bit of a contest in the middle of the piece)

Donald Lambert (the third piece) is really underrated, you should listen to some of the original recordings, his hands were quite small, and he couldn't read music, but his left hand was phenomenal, perhaps better than tatum's.

youtube.com/watch?v=0P_vx4xEqoQ

Willie the Lion Smith (the fourth piece) is sometimes better played by other people, his technique was going when he really started recording. James P Johnson is always good.

Funny how water isn't one of the elements in their name, cuz blacks can't swim

Tyler the Creator and Louis Armstrong.

kek

The thing is that "black music" is a produce of culture mixes. It is music made by blacks and listenened to blacks, but done with Europeans instruments in America.
Problem with Segregation like you talk is that people will listen to their kin.
I agree that in nationalism and the respect of each people to live differently, but it has to be in their own lands. That's something that would work in European/African/Middle east scenario for example.
While English and german colons rules over the US through rightful conquest, I'd feel it's a duty as a society to integrate blacks as rightful citizens as well, granted their only allegiance is the US flag. If anything,in my humble opinion, the US is the land of opportunity, but require absolute loyalty and merit for it to work.

That's why the citizenship and residency question is key imo in US politics. It is key as well in Europe but for different reasons, mostly geographical.

To get back on music, Orchestra are a Central European thing but black can get a lot of it to get Jazz orchestra and it's glorious
youtube.com/watch?list=RDscZxGiy_t_k&v=__OSyznVDOY
>Earth, Wind, Fire&Malt liquor

I like Chamillionaire and LL Cool J, but that's about it.

Thanks for all the music.
How'd you get into this?

As I said above, I am not for segregation by means of policy.

This is probably the only thing I disagree with POL on. Blacks have had their own achievements in music that cannot be ignored. Doesn't change any of the other realities though.

youtu.be/0tgYr03o3dE

The most based black man.

youtube.com/watch?v=-Y8QxOjuYHg

youtube.com/watch?v=Gs069dndIYk

I wish they played music like this back in discos!

Funkadelic-Maggot Brain

I never understood the last line.

> "Who knows but that, on the lower frequencies, I speak for you?"

What did he mean by this?

America has to learn how to accept the blacks in the country.
They need more tough love.
"Conservatives" need to be heard.

Bad Brains or Hendrix

youtube.com/watch?v=Usqwy2-E4SE

Goldie

European influences on jazz and rock and roll and really quite underplayed. They might have contributed to the rhythms (particularly the syncopation and swing) and intonation and melody (the blue notes), but so much is European/white american - everything from hymns, de Sousa's marches, spanish rhythms, white 'novelty' rags, French 'impressionist' music, opera and Bach, Chopin and Beethoven. Nothing wrong in that either, but it makes the idea of cultural appropriation utterly absurd.

They are and have been accepted. They are just too different to live amongst us in the long term. Especially with our own western apologists telling them anything but biological differences are responsible for the disparate outcomes.

>western apologists telling them anything but biological differences are responsible for the disparate outcomes.

EXACTLY
THEY ARE NOT BEING ACCEPTED

That's easy: youtube.com/watch?v=DFrSBJ6GkyU

In this context I guess no mass of people is anymore.
Seems to be like so much of what we all feared communism to be.

dude this shit's obnoxious
I really wanted to like it too because I thought that photo was kinduv cool

Eh: he's gotten weirder. I enjoy the weirder stuff. But you'd prolly find the earlier stuff more palatable. Know the whole "trip hop" thing? He's the guy who started it with stuff like: youtube.com/watch?v=f55UX5H3zJE

this shit's just as obnoxious
nigger music

I am not following, I am trying to convey a lack of assimilation due to biological differences. Are you telling me that because the majority of whites don't have the courage to tell them this as equals that it thus means we never accepted them? I am trying to understand where our thought differs.

Also music to stay on subject.

youtu.be/TdorgC9qUkI

moonman

Not everyone can have best-taste.
youtube.com/watch?v=XVR6rKyxkwQ

youtube.com/watch?v=6sIjSNTS7Fs

I'm saying black people are very different than white people and the public doesn't know how to accept that anymore. We try to hold them at the same standards as whites when it's obvious whites are far more excelled in certain circumstances and vice versa.
I am saying that blacks used to have far more acceptance in this country and oodles and oodles of more dignity. The American mainstream image has become incredibly cartoonish in such a very short amount of time.

Yep. And let's not forget gospel and folk music as well which are staples of the white protestant america. It's a shame that somehow blues and jazz apparently came from nowhere despite africans being heavily influenced in European music.
If anything blacks from the 30s to the early 60s were multiculturalism done right.
For an analogy, Italian directors brought a lot to Hollywood in the New Hollywood (70s) by bringing a lot of cinematography ideas from Italy, which had a vibrant movie industry in the time. This was a good mix of culture to bring everyone forward. While nobody denies Italian are fantastic film makers, movies made in Hollywood by Italian immigrants of second to third generation are considered american movies. Neither white nor blacks, just american.

I've been playing classical piano at a reasonable level for a long time, and dabbled in jazz. Stride is one of the most technically challenging, and I wanted to see if I could do it - it's not more difficult than classical, but it's different and takes some getting used to. A lot of classical musicians suck at jazz, because they play it with the wrong 'accent'. But that's like trying to play
Mozart or Clementi if you've only ever played Chopin and LIszt.

There are a lot of parallels between jazz and classical as it used to be played - classical musicians were expected to improvise, there was probably more freedom, and the feeling and excitement was more important than just getting the notes, which has largely been lost in modern classical. Also, new modern classical is now often so wanky as to be unlistenable (which is happening with avant garde jazz too).

Funnily, for quite some time almost everyone who's into stride piano now seems to be white, it's weird.

I'm saying all groups need their distance in order to develop community and culture.

This funky stuff:
youtube.com/watch?v=imYJpr09IgQ

youtube.com/watch?v=38_MwcGDNhQ

>Funnily, for quite some time almost everyone who's into stride piano now seems to be white, it's weird.

(((they))) taught blacks to hate themselves for what they are
I'm glad some white kids are keeping it alive.

Yep. Forget 'we waz Kangs' and running and jumping very fast, it's that period of of black culture which makes me think blacks might not be hopeless.

youtu.be/-hSLGccHncA

I agree, but the fatherless situation needs to be addressed in the black communities for them to start regaining their dignity. As an outsider, I see this as the most pressing issue for them. Closely related is a culture of reliance on welfare that encourages broken families. But sadly, these issues are starting to effect whites as well now that a general degeneration of society is taking place.

Well, I'd say what a wonderful world is his classic.If somebody could make a video with the Luftwaffe bombing the low countries it would be fantastic :')
youtube.com/watch?v=A3yCcXgbKrE

Flying Lotus
e.g.
youtube.com/watch?v=t6SXXx1Fu_4

>This

Remove wellfair and leave it up to religion.
The government shouldn't be allowing us to take unless they give us a chance to give back, sadly our government can't handle this concept.
Maybe a new religion must be born amongst the chaos and fire.
I don't care.
I just want progress.
This cultural stagnation is humiliating to all man kind.

youtube.com/watch?v=DwKS4PDaEi0
youtube.com/watch?v=sS9xhiudphU
youtube.com/watch?v=Y_o4omd8T5c

>Funnily, for quite some time almost everyone who's into stride piano now seems to be white, it's weird.
I guess that in the 70s music changed quite a lot with the introduction of electronic music. Blacks moved from jazz and blues to disco and funk to finally end in hip hop. You can see a similar shift in black sports as well, as there are fewer and fewer blacks in boxing since the late 80s as they figured they could get as much money,scholarship AND not get beat up in basket ball and NFL. This wasn't helped by the rising cost of the sport itself due to regulation and the closure of many inner cities gym.

Also I hate to play with Jazz pianist (bass and recently moved on Double bass) I can never seem to get in synch with them. I have no idea why. Maybe it's the sudden shift in repertoires but god damn gimme a break ;_;

youtube.com/watch?v=ZRo48zg2iyU

this one

youtube.com/watch?v=fOaxEa5ONJw

Death Grips
Earth, Wind and Fire
Sam Cooke
Johnny Mathis

Kool & the Gang

gil scott-heron is the only acceptable answer here.

I don't want to sound like the devil advocate and remove responsibility of blacks but welfare and the weakening of religion are strong factors of this.
We have that on our white native of population because there is no consequence to marry, having a child or divorce as the state will mop off anything anyway. This is individualism to its fullest. A lone single mother on a rented flat, paid by half by the government. This is dependency to the state.

also, the Wu

>ctrl f Fela Kuti
>0 results

Yall niggas are plebs.

ska
youtube.com/watch?v=qAfXhBX07X4

>be black
>driving with young cousins
>playing EWF in my car
>"user whats the old shit"
>mfw

All they listen to is the bullshit they call hiphop and rap. Don't get me wrong I enjoy old school hiphop and rap but I'll never forget the classics my grandma put on me

youtu.be/Z9nnp84f39c

Groove with me Sup Forums

Individuals:

Ray Charles
Cab Calloway
Howlin Wolf
Jimi Hendrix
Errol Brown
Stevie Wonder
Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong
James Brown
Luther Vandross
Prince
Michael Jackson
Rick James
Donna Summer
Amii Stewart

Bands:

Kool & The Gang
Earth, Wind & Fire
The Gap Band
Boney M
Santa Esmeralda

we're on the same wavelength

youtube.com/watch?v=17lkdqoLt44

youtube.com/watch?v=r_IPV2zeDIc

youtube.com/watch?v=2aRC3YY3svs

Her new album (and look) is garbage tho

Also Herbie Hancock

youtube.com/watch?v=slBB10vhVaU

unironically listening to nigger music baka desu senpai

Before Jewish subversion of the Negro culture, they had a lot of potential and skill that was encapsulated in their history. What they are now doesn't change what they used to be.

Oh lawdy I forgot to mention Barry White

Good for you, user.
Black music used to be great!
It's worth remembering.

Creds go to Caller of the Storms in canadian Blasphemy. The music is about as ((BLACK)) it can get

SATANIC SKINHEAD ATTACK ROSS BAY CULT ETERNAL

youtube.com/watch?v=Tqq-pRGLV3E

I think a lot of people would call this "red pilled"
youtube.com/watch?v=O4o8TeqKhgY

Does Clutch count if I thought the vocalist was black for years?
youtube.com/watch?v=oUpf7dEHv50

Clutch is best band

>Also I hate to play with Jazz pianist .. I can never seem to get in synch with them

I often think that piano and bass don't really go that well together, it's odd that they're seen as a rhythm combo - they're always potentially fighting and clashing in the bass. Stride piano particularly goes badly with a bass, stride pianists would often just be in a small combo with just a guitar or drums, in a bigger band there was no point in the striding left hand, or even a bass line at all, and that really killed the style. I don't much like the left hand chord jabs, that seem to be more-or-less at random. A george shearing 'locked hands' style works well with a bass, if you can find a pianist willing to try that.

butcher brown

youtube.com/watch?v=nSccEaz9dRM

Satchmo

youtube.com/watch?v=BNj2BXW852g

>You will never listen to this while trying to survive in a post-apocalyptic world

Seconded

y'all niggs forgot about this
youtube.com/watch?v=0CFuCYNx-1g

Four Tops - (Reach Out) I'll Be There

youtube.com/watch?v=5SpkOcbVYS0