Infinity train

What's Sup Forums's opinion on this pilot

Another generic tumblrtoon

Pretty much.

Literally only you two think that. Most of Sup Forums thinks it was a decent short and a series, particularly a miniseries, would have potential

Thought it was cute, with a creative premise.

But I'm a stick in the mud when it comes to quirky talking animals and fart jokes.

Looked like shit and I only watched a few minutes of it.

Can't wait for the shipping wars

i liked aspects of it, but the art isn't as good as the kinds of things it's reminiscent of. she looks weird and ugly especially from some weird angles.
the robot was great
yeah it would only make a miniseries.. it couldnt be a full series

I'd be all for another mini-series on par with Over the Garden Wall.

what does that even mean

It's pretty fucking funny when these kinds of shows start getting predictable

it was great, and I cant wait for art of the dog fucking the girl bareback while the droids watch

The main character's desing is simple in a not good way. It looks like a 5 minutes sketch you'd ask some guy in art class to make.
Everything else is ok
I need more gingers in my life. CN please greenlight this and Forever 12

At first I thought it could only work as a mini-series, but then I had this idea:

Season 1 is the girl and it's 12 episodes showing how she gets out.
Season 2 is another protagonist and he brute forces the problems instead of solving them the conventional way, another 12 episodes.
Season 3 is yet another protagonist and it explores the lore of how the train came to be; this guy destroys the train once and for all.

Most shows are predictable. It's not the shows; you're just getting smarter.

That would be cool

>a whole kingdom of corgis

fund it.

that work for you?

>Most shows are predictable. It's not the shows; you're just getting smarter.

that just sounds like a walk-around way of saying predictable.

I'm getting tired of the "the worlds really deep guys" sort of stories.

Was novel with AT because it just felt silly, but then they actually went behind the curtain and ruined the mystery.

It was utter shit, a cartoon is supposed to introduce you to what the show could be like, but insted just tried to hard to be mysterious and other stupid shit.

Like repeating the fart joke over and over again, and spending way too much time on the corgi train.

It should have just been her going through multiple trains in one episode so that we could be able to see the potential in the series.

also that ball thing was just annoying in general and an obvious ripoff of The Pinky and The Brain.

"Lore" fags are ruining shows. Can we have a decent show with a string storyline that connects it all together that isn't ruined with people WANTING TO KNOW MORE or insisting that there be shipping involved in the main cast?

>also that ball thing was just annoying in general and an obvious ripoff of The Pinky and The Brain.

oh shit didn't think that, thought it was supposed to be a knock off of marvin from hitchhikers.

>Character has glasses
>Always medium or huge, round Harry Potter frames.

EVERY SINGLE TIME.

>obvious ripoff of The Pinky and The Brain
The robot's a cynic and optimist, not an idiot and stoic genius.

I liked it. Tulip seemed like an interesting character, and the pilot has a lot of potential. There's a bunch of stuff they'd need to work on though, particularly the humour - it wasn't particularly funny, and it didn't mesh well with the context.

I'm not really one to throw tumblr around as a descriptor but damned if that wasn't what was going through my mind watching it. It's just trying so god damn hard to be quirky. I feel like there's a half decent concept under it all but I have no faith that the writing will be strong enough to carry it.

>that just sounds like a walk-around way of saying predictable.
He made it sound like predictability is a new thing, but it's actually always been that way. He just got better at predicting.

Oh whoops I forgot that adding lore was now a bad thing.

I didn't even intend for it to become like this; I just wanted to get the curiosity quelled. People will most certainly ask "why was this built?" and I'd rather have a proper ending than a "the adventure continues" type thing.

Plus continually putting victims in a train doesn't seem like a very good ending.

y'all keep saying lore is shit but it ain't
adventure time's problem was excessive melodrama

how about a story where the character develops and comes up with a conclusion that works with the themes and is challenged with this theme and the then they bud into something new to overcome this challenge.

I give it a brettygood/10

It's easier to animate and doesn't muddle expressions like smaller glasses would.

what lore was good?
normally it's just underwhelming, or just something that's dangled on a stick infront of the audience.

It's boring and has no appeal to kids.

It's obviously generic tumblr shit, dr who and girl protagonist. Corgis, and shit.
Tho that's aside from the point that it's boring as hell and kids won't be able to pay attention and so CN will not pick it up.

Has there ever been a character that's wore contacts but didn't originally wear glasses in the show?

well, what do you define as "lore"? Any kind of twist? Are superhero origin stories "lore"?

I didn't really care for it and I didn't like the style.

why do people like garnet so much?

She just seems like the lax character, doesn't really seem all that interesting or mesh well with others.

more like back BACK story.
like the thing that the author will sweep under the rug and go "skelingtons in the closet, I have no idea what you're talking about!"

and then the fanbase goes to great lengths to try to understand it and theorize it. Then you get a 1 off episode explaining it and it's far worse than anything the fans made.

I have no idea what the term is, it's almost world building?

It's just a condensed version of everything individually bad about every cartoon made in the last decade by the people hired directly off of tumblr and who can't stop fellating Rebecca Sugar's unfunny hyperquirky garbage.

It's not needed.

I'm just tired of all the obvious quirks. Like choosing Corgis. Yes, I love Corgis, but everyone is using fucking Corgis these days.

that's pretty specific and pejorative by definition, so it's bound to cause confusion for people using the term neutrally
maybe you should write it in all caps "LORE" to show that you're being sarcastic, the same way Sup Forums uses QUALITY

That's actually a good point. She seems like the most neutral character design.

what the hell was the girl's name again

Yeah, because the writers are fucking idiots, but listen to those voices and try to tell me that they're not shitty impersonations of the two.

Doesn't feel that specific, just feels like them setting up a story that makes the world feel deeper because you imagine it to be deeper.

Like to be specific, anything post apocalyptic in adventure time before the lich. or ANYTHING in gravity falls.

Quirky mcnerd.

so according to your definition, lore is "something in a story that makes me feel like it is deeper than it really is"
that's completely subjective

well he was talking about adventure time specifically, and the subjects before were talking about that kind of "LORE"

It was okay, some of the dialogue was bad specifically for the robot ball, not funny at all. It's like that one user poster said, it's like having Brain's character without Pinky to balance things out, just becomes dull.

yeah but he asked me for examples of GOOD lore
so I asked him to define lore
and then he basically defined it as "a thing that is bad"
you see my problem here

I've never wanted something more in my life.

But then again, anything is better than 17 TTG reruns a day.

Honestly, all I see when people cry "lore fag" is just someone who simply doesn't like the mystery genre.
Like that's cool and all, I don't like romance genres or action, but that doesn't mean I gotta shut them all down and piss and moan that they exist.

because I don't know how to define this type of lore that everyone is doing.

and it's not just a normal lore, it's like a plot device where it's supposed to be catching up to the stuff that's happening in the foreground.

To give an example of shows that do it.
-adventure time
-stephan universe
-gravity falls

Idk, name one mainstream animation that has a corgi in it. I've never even heard of one.

>it's not just a normal lore
okay well see I was talking about lore and not lore*
what is it about infinity train that makes you think it's the latter rather than the former

Hell I don't know, I just get the vibe because everyone is doing it.

And I REALLY wouldn't be surprised if they did a background lore* for the train and the conductors and all that. Like have some sort of symbol that ties each train together and then people try to decode it to get more info.

In fact I almost feel like it's going to be that exact thing, unless the main character is trying to decode the lore* themselves and they're traveling to the background and making the lore* lore
fuck

That's called "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice."

It seems that people don't like that.

I liked it okay except for the designs. The girl's face in particular looks derpy a LOT of the time.

well the movies also sucked for a lot of reasons.

never ever

It sucks that the king corgi won't be coming along. He was the best character by far.

If she'd spent the whole episode bowling through car after car it wouldn't have left the impression that the series would probably have one episode per car, which is what I gathered from it. The first two cars and Tulip's lines about having been there for a week and already crossed more than eight cars was sufficient to send the message that she'd move through lots of cars through the series.

I could swear that there have been a couple of times I've seen a character say "oh no I lost a contact!" and the other characters had no idea that they'd been wearing them the whole time.

>Tulip
THAT'S her name

>show has corgis instead of chow chows

weak

You sound so jaded, friend. I imagine any attempt to add some world-building elements to a show would be met with contempt by you and I'm not entirely sure why.

Why do you hate world-building? Why is fleshing out the fictional space our fictional characters are stomping around in a bad thing?

no I love it, just don't like the application.

Like mystery world building is my favorite thing ever, I just hate when it's actually "solved" and it's worse than what was hoped for.

this

but that dog is not cute

The ultimate patrician test:

Which is cuter: Shiba Inu or Corgi?

You're not cute

I wanted to like it - I really like the concept - but it just came off as the same kind of generic tumblr bullshit cartoon that CN shits out every so often.
Why can't the faggots that make this trash ever be more original?

sauce?

Why is this quirky redhead bad but pic related is just fine?

I could dig it, but I'd hope the quality would improve.

If all these CN shows are ending, this could fill the gap. Hell, Star Vs replaces GF in my heart and I'm good.

It's a catch-22. He was a great character, so we want him to follow along. But if he abandons his people, he won't be a great character anymore

So you don't like when the setting itself is treated like a character and laid bare. You want to be able to chew on the what-ifs and all the possibilities the all the little details in the background MIGHT mean?

annoying supporting cast (yes even the corgi)
bitchy main character
interesting premise but then you remember that its idea is just taken from an Adventure Time episode

Yeah kind of.

FPBP!

No one cares about the redhead in the show...

>interesting premise but then you remember that its idea is just taken from an Adventure Time episode

That was the first thing I noticed. Sad thing is that this show actually had potential. I'm never getting my hopes up on the basis of potential ever again though because the last time I did that I ended up with Steven Universe. Ughhh.

seemed more like the portal 2 robot and marvin from that shitty movie from the ok book of the galaxy.

I wonder what'd happen if you bred them.

You know what? I don't actually know.

I don't know what it is, but I could actually get into Twelve Forever. Something about it feels a bit different from shit like Infinity Train and whatnot.

Maybe it's the fact that the art is at least somewhat different from a lot of other tumblr toon shit. Also it's a bit more goofy than shit like Infinity Train so there's that too

I liked it, but it could either be a good series or another Adventure Time.

Atmosphere and tone perhaps.

>corgi
>girl with glasses
>shes called "the literate"
>quirky depression robot
about as tumblr as you can possibly be

"It was just dumb, with a dumb plot with dumb characters with a dumb direction! Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb!! This counts as funny and quirky, right? Dumb!!"

Seriously, the way this shows strains itself to be quirky and silly-yet-serious just left me pretty unimpressed.

All other lapdogs would become obsolete. Except, maybe, pugs.