Meanwhile, in Silver Age Sup Forums

Meanwhile, in Silver Age Sup Forums...

Okay I understand the bindle, because it helps keep your stuff together, and the stubble because who likes shaving... but why would he need a dirty crushed hat?

Why doesn't Batman just reform the Joker?

Because the extra grundiness will get more hobo pussy?

>but why would he need a dirty crushed hat?
user even if you're poor, you need to keep your dignity

Hey pals, a friend of mine told me about this British author. Allen More or something. You think we should get him in the office for a little chat? Maybe persuade him to write Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen?

A british writing Superman? you sound like a commie

You idiots know this isn't a real cover, right?

What was his endgame?

It blocks the rays of the sun

I feel uncomfortable that kids are reading wonder woman. This cannot lead to anything good. How soon will the writers come to sense?

Will there ever be a better Batman artist than Neal Adams?

How soon will casuals forget about Adam West?

Superior Batman Lewis Wilson coming through (pic related)

FUCKING COMMIES GET OFF MY BOARD REEEE

>no fun allowed

What do you guys think about the new robin?i like him,seems like a nice kid,can't wait to see him grow up

Will this idiot ever be successful?

I don't know, should our kids be reading about a grown man and a young boy living together?

Holy crap that is terrible art.

What would Marvel be like if it went full silver-age silliness?

Actually, what the hell was marvel even doing in the 1950s? Now I'm curious.

Nah, he'll do well. That guy's got flavor and soul.

That's post-Crisis; therefore not Silver Age you fucking pleb!

Is there anyone more based than bob kane
bill finger is a hack riding off bobs tail

Yes. I'm sure he will give proper credit to Kirby too when he's successful

>>bill finger

Literally Who?

Kirby is for plebs. Ditko is the real dead, my lad

Why doesn't Batman just offer the Joker a hostess fruit pie?

No, no, no this is all wrong! Comics should be dark and edgy! I've got this great idea that will put an end to Superman's happy demeanor.

Hehehe...

>Dexter Lab did a parody of super heroes advertising fruit pies.

What in the Lord's name are these "underground comix"? I hope McCarthy does something about these blackguards. We don't want our kids to read this commie propaganda eh lads?

Shut up Ally.

What, guy who goes from writing romance stories to doing superhero stuff? Never gonna work man, never gonna work.
I say having father-figures around is important for the negroid community.

They were doing romance stories and westerns.

Barry Allen is my favourite character! I hope he keeps having so many fun adventures for many years to come! I'm sure the writers will never use him as a sacrifice to save the multiverse!

He was still in grade school around this time.

Gee Wiz, Mr. user, Whatsa Mull-Tie Verse? Some kind of new hip dance?

Hey lads, I have been going through our monthly letters to the editor and I think you should see this. There's this kid, Alan M., who seems really, obsessively interested in our heroes. Problem is, I don't think a grade-schooler could or should be writing this. He seems to be interested in seeing the Joker being raped by Batman, who is high on cocaine at that time. Really disturbing to read. Should we be alerting his parents or the authorities or something?

Nah, it's probably a prankster

aren't rays from the sun his power source?

No, he's an alien

dubs of answering questions we've been asking for over a decade: checked

>>I AM GETTING STRONGER

It's more believable than some real ones.

Does the lasso affect her, too? Is she truthfully saying that she literally cannot go back to the Justice League?

I for one liked his version of Superman as a heroin-addicted jazz-critic.

>Hey, Frank
Yes, Al?
>Soon?
Soon

I say, lad, you don't happen to be one of 'em commies, eh?

I say the working man has been oppressed in this country long enough. The entire superhero narrative is a fascist propaganda piece to oppress homosexuality and the proletariat.

May the lord guide your soul to the light, my man

that ain't a real comic, fucker

Wow so many superheroes, I wish someday that I'll direct my own superhero movie full of fun colors and heroes giving happiness and hope

Why is Jason a hooligan now? I liked him as a good boy.

>> Literally who?

Literally Bill Finger"s Your Mom Nightly," that's who

You don't belong here Miller.

That's probably why he asked what Marvel WOULD BE LIKE IF it went full silver-age silliness.

Batman and Superman pulling an elaborate April Fool's day prank on the two snot-nosed shitstains that follow them around day in and day out constantly whining about this and that petty bullshit isn't believable to you?

I see nothing wrong with Rocky IV or a Chemistry set.

>>You will never see your favourite heroes addressing political issues or having serious problems or fighting each other

Feels bad man

Rocky IV is the one where the evil murderous Russian loses, right?

Not before taking down the boisterous American clown and leaving the hero with brain damage.

oh ive heard of that guy, didnt his wife fuck stan lee?

>see thread
>expect humorous roleplay of shitposting silver age issues
>instead, faggots are having random discussion and completely missing the point of the thread

Seriously, Sup Forums is disgusting.

>there will never be lesbian, gay, muslim or pansexual superheroes in your lifetime
comics really need to change

I think the chemistry set it just supposed to be patronizing. It's like giving the president a copy of Schoolhouse Rock.

>pansexual
...people attracted to pans?

thats tin-kin, pansexual is when your attracted to little native american girls like peter pan hence pansexual

God this thread is cringey. All these faggot discussions about chemistry sets and rocky IV and fake comic art and unfunny puns instead of Silver Age roleplay. Kill yourselves

>LARPING
disgusting oldfag meme desu senpai

It's this weird new theory some fans came up with that there are different earths to make up for the fact that some stories contradict others. Maybe every Superman story is a Superman from a different earth! Crazy, isn't it?

I have a theory that they're just funny books

You will.

That's what you're supposed to think. It's the other guys that are crazy.

>You will never see a movie about your favorite heroes

Superman has plenty of movies though. Batman has one too.

Shit. You're right.

>Rocky IV
>Pirahna 3-D

Those are great.

a sneeze destroying half a galaxy is retarded, fucking capeshit

Looks like we've got a new age hippie feminist communist here. Look sonny just because our heroes are strong doesn't mean you should be afraid. Superman is here to help.

>yfw the proletariat sided with donald trump

Those serials my old man told me about? Man, get off it. No one's ever going to see those again! We need something new!

And the Kirby monsters.

>not liking Superman and the Mole Men

Looks like we've got a casual over here!

Why does it have a 6/10 on IMDB? Are people that retarded?

>hostess ads in comics
>silver age
>underage
Please leave.

Why does all comic artists draw backgrounds these days? Remember when not long ago it was just an illustration of the character in every panel with blank space? It just look so gaudy. I swear backgrounds are just an excuse to charge us more for ink.

So hungry...but Superman is hoarding all of Earth's food and threatening anyone who tries to take some with getting thrown into the sun...

Why Superman? Why?

Judging from what's in the editorial boxes the dude writes practically everything at Marvel. Talk about genius!

But there is a new one

Boy I sure hate them negros!

>adding colour

Gee, it's like they WANT to ruin the industry! We've done fine without it for years and now they want to take away the style that made so many people love this kind of stuff. Typical.

>Actually, what the hell was marvel even doing in the 1950s? Now I'm curious.

The decline in superhero popularity in the second half of the 40s meant that Marvel had canceled or converted all their superhero titles by 1949. Instead they invested in the newly popular crime, western and horror genres, and also increased focus on their romance comics aimed largely at girls which had been around for a while. However, during the 50s Marvel's publishing took several hits from different sources. Fredrick Wertham's attack on the "immoral" nature of comics meant that Marvel's raunchier and more gruesome titles had to be canceled during the shitstorm that followed, and instead they started investing in more "innocent" science fiction and fantasy such as the average silver age giant monster story or alien invaders story.

Then there was the incident where Martin Goodman dissolved the Marvel Bullpen, letting every employee of the company go except for Stan Lee and making everyone else freelancers. Finally, Marvel was distributing their comics through the same distributor as DC was, and while Goodman had an agreement with the boss of that company for a while, eventually during the 50s there was increased pressure on Goodman. DC was unhappy about sharing a distributor with a rival (even a minor company like Marvel) and made the distributor impose severe new restrictions on Marvel's publishing.

As a result, Marvel had to cancel a huge amount of their publishing output and was barely a stump of a company by the time they took a chance on Fantastic Four #1 in 1961.

Oh, also Marvel tried their hand at a superhero revival in 1953, relaunching Namor, Captain America and the Human Torch (the android), both in anthology titles and their own comics. However the climate was not right and the comics were not at their best, so only Namor managed to last for more than a year, getting a few issues out as far forward as 1955 before fading away until Fantastic Four #4.

During this period, Goodman was also offered to publish Joe Simon and Jack Kirby's Silver Spider, a concept about a young crimefighter. Goodman declined, and Simon and Kirby instead took the idea to Archie, where it was eventually published as The Fly. Simon and Kirby only worked on the first few stories.

Remember when plot mattered for real?

My two favourite heroes fighting it out?

It will never catch on

Great Kirby's Krackle! Don't you people realize that you are all just being manipulated in a closed pocket of sub-space by a higher power beyond conception whose existence is based on campy kitsch and regulated creativity??

Quick! Grab on to the source waves generated by my hyper-sled! If we band our wills together, we might be able to punch a hole through this reality and make it back to our home dimensions in one piece!!

That's a gibus, he's wearing it ironically to make fun of the guys who don't have 8 Unusuals.

Good lord, man! Get a hold of yourself! Science and technology is all very well, but you must not take funnybooks so seriously! Unless you happen to be one of those pesky hippie kids, smoking drugs and whatnot... Clear off my lawn or I'll call the coppers on ya!

>You will never be buddies with Eobard.

Why live?

What a damn degenerate! Lucky we have nice dames like Batwoman to keep people from thinking Batman and Robin are pickle pushers.

Thanks for the info. This is really interesting. Did people actually like non-superhero comics that much?