Why can't Hollywood understand that this man isn't funny anymore?

Why can't Hollywood understand that this man isn't funny anymore?

his face is the most punishable face in the universe.

Is he a producer of this? Or was this part of some live action series deal he signed with Fox after Ted was a hit?

He's not a leading man, he doesn't have the charisma and just looks like an extra from a CGI Dreamworks movie.

This was his dream project and he couldn't even make it half decent.

What a hack.

Of course he is a producer, that is the only way he gets "casted"

Fuck you all i liked it, at's definately more star trek then STD.

You haven't even seen it yet you fucking spastic

That's what I figured. It was the same shit as Million Ways to Die in the West. Film should've starred Joel McHale with Seth playing a side character if he had to be in it at all. Instead he makes himself the star thinking he's Ben Stiller.

There's a robot in this series right? He should've just produced the show and done the voice of that but now he's like a more successful slightly less ugly Tommy Wiseau.

I saw Orville and apart from names it's 100% star trek.

Is this basically a Galaxy Quest ripoff? Can't wait for the actual Galaxy Quest revival to come out and shit all over this trash.

Stop acting jelly

it's not perfect by no means but it's honestly the best comedy live action comedy sci fi

it's funnier then spaceballs and spaceballs is great

>punishable

>nymore
Interesting implications here sonnyjim.

>implying Spaceballs was better than Galaxy Quest
the deepest of plebs

Is it normal for people to remove the laces from their chucks?

>what is reading comprehension
the deepest of plebs

I thought he was holding booze

You suggested it's the best and said it's better than Spaceballs, therefore you implied Spaceballs was the previous best
also
>the best comedy live action comedy sci fi
>>what is writing comprehension
the deeperest of plebs

the problem is he's a joke writer not a storyteller. just after the first episode i know its going to be watered down recycled trash. just generic star trek rip off with some family guy quips.

its not going to be grimdark, its not going to be as dirty as family guy, there wont be any actual emotion besides sitcom level divorced couple bants

>that fedora tipper vaper dated emilia clarke
all we're missing is an affidavit to confirmt the world is a parody

watched it yesterday, turned it off and finished today
I dont think I smiled once
The setting is interesting
but once would think they would get some A-tier jokes for the first episode

>he's a joke writer
>his idea of parody is recreating famous scenes verbatim but with his characters shoehorned in and it's supposed to be funny because of how accurate it is to the original
He has never been funny. Part of what gave Simpsons episodes their staying power is how well embedded the parodies were into the show, a lot of the references to other shit could easily go over your head. This guy is just a humorless copycat.

i think family guy has plenty of funny one off jokes. but the plots are just a barren scaffold to hang them on

Why are we here? Just to suffer?

I actually don't like much of the verbal humor in it aside from maybe the two bridge guys bantz. I love all the stuff where it mirrors TNG. It's not in your face parody, but as awkward as a true unintentional awkward moment in TNG.

I thought it was an ok first episode. I heard it is moving to Thursday after this Sunday's episode. Anyone know if that is true?

Because people think hes funny

I'd argue his solid at voice acting. But agree, he shouldn't be onscreen. His delivery is uniformly flat and ironic, so seeing his face adds nothing to the performance.

>jewish

It's literally TNG with the serial numbers filed off.

Everything we've seen of Discovery is that it's nu-Trek, i.e. Abrams-core, i.e. shit. At least The Orville feels like classic Star Trek, despite some annoying humor.

Good for him for fucking her before she balooned up.

Mads look really handsome in that pic.

>in that pic
>not all the time

Pleb.

please stop posting, seth

especially handsome then

its his $3000 watch

It was pretty mediocre. Would have been much funnier if the first officer was the actor who played Stewie or Peter. It took itself way too serious.

I will watch the next episode but my hopes are not too high.

>brannon braga
>gags
>baffling decision to shoe horn cringy cheating wife dynamic into forefront of story
>cringy loose canon pilot trope
>too much blatant tng theft

I'm not a huge fan but he's alright. There are far worse smug lefties out there and his fondness for musicals and old cinema is quite endearing. Give him
a break

I don't think anything in this genre could beat Red Dwarf for me.

But, is Orville any good?

(formerly Sneed's)

He was barely funny in the first place