Moana soundtrack is out on iTunes. Thoughts?

Moana soundtrack is out on iTunes. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EoTbjbutz7k?t=4m38s
youtube.com/watch?v=dQzAi-a9Bv8
youtube.com/watch?v=wyv0ZlW0yS0
billboard.com/articles/news/7581331/lin-manuel-miranda-disney-moana-best-musicals
youtube.com/watch?v=e2Lm1-W0jow
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I will say so far I'm most surprised by the David Bowie-esque villain song

and thank god they replaced "More" with "How Far I'll Go"

although the More Reprise is much nicer

It is Jermaine.

Yes it is. It's also sinister in a way I didn't expect

Link?

It's on Spotify now.

Jemaine Clement is the villain? If so my interest in this movie just skyrocketed, I love that guy

I only just started listening but You're Welcome is great and Where You Are gives me some In The Heights vibes.

>Where You Are gives me some In the Heights vibes

Me too. And More makes me think of Hamilton.

Know Who You Are has major spoilers if you don't want to be too spoiled for the movie.

youtu.be/EoTbjbutz7k?t=4m38s

B-Roll and hints of his song.

Okay, after listening to it a bunch of times, I actually like "More" better now. And the "More Reprise" is more poignant than the How Far I'll Go Reprise. Oh well, they're both still nice.

God, I'm glad Unstoppable was cut. It's a very weak version of Alexander Hamilton.

part of me wonders if they replaced the song because "More" can't be used like a generic pop anthem the way Let It Go was. ."More" is way more character-driven and character-specific whereas How Far I'll Go has just enough detail to make sense for the character and is broad enough to be used as an anthem.

>tfw some people are complaining about the face character for Moana being "whitewashed" and calling her a Becky when the actress is a Polynesian-Filipino teenager who was thrilled when Disney finally announced they were making a Polynesian princess

Like she's not as dark as the character but jesus people.

of course they do. Because it's never enough.

When will someone upload it?

I really want to hear "Shiny"

I miss me some good old villain song.

The last one was what? "Love is an Open Door"? "Mother Knows Best"? And the last truly great one was "Friends on the Other Side"

>Thoughts?
I want to make babies with Moana

>Auli'i would be considered too light to perform as Moana by Tumblr locgic
That said I do wish they had gotten someone darker, but at the same time, I'm really glad they actually managed to find at least one Polynesian character performer. 90% of Pocahontas's friends are white with a few Latinas tossed in there. And they don't try particularly hard to find specifically Chinese friends for Mulan.

I've only begun to listen the soundtrack.

You're Welcome is pretty catchy but i feel like its too short?

All of the songs are really short. only 2 of them are over 3 minutes, and even one of those is just barely (3:05).

So far i wish the songs were a tad longer.

When i saw the preview clip from "You're Welcome" i was thinking that was the starting point of the song, but it's was already halfway through the song.

Shiny is legit great

Honestly all the songs feel just a bit short, besides Shiny. But I remember Ron and John saying ages ago that the movie wasn't supposed to be a musical, but "a movie with musical moments", so I feel like that's intentional.
Side note, Lin sounds fucking tired in the Warrior Face demo. I know he did all the songs between Hamilton shows, but that sounds like he recorded it at 3 am in a closet.

He sounds pretty tired in all demos

After listening to all three versions Dwayne's You're Welcome is the best one so there is that

>I Am Moana
OH SHE LIVES IN ME
SHE WATCHES OVER
EVERYTHING WE SEE

It's really fucking weird hearing the the "radio version" of it with Jordan Fisher.

youtube.com/watch?v=dQzAi-a9Bv8

You're right, this song is great

youtube.com/watch?v=wyv0ZlW0yS0
"You're Welcome" is fucking great. I'm really looking forward to this movie.

I really like "Where you Are"

God damn, this soundtrack is lit!

I really like how natural Moana sounds. Getting a teenage was actually a good choice.

>Brown Princesses

Into the it goes...

Elsa>Rapunzel>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Moana

>I Am Moana (Song of the Ancestors)

If you are a filthy furreiner like me remember that the playlist may be called Vaiana instead.

Holy shit. All the songs on Moana are atypical and very unique.

Lin-Manuel is so based, he has a much more deeper musical medium than the Frozen team.

Did you granny say: "Listen to your heart
Be who you are on the inside"?
I need three words to tell her argument apart...
YOUR GRANNY LIED

No shit. There's a reason he's already recognized as the greatest theater talent of this generation and the new Howard Ashman at Disney.

>Elsa
>old, anxiety riddled, killed her sister twice through sheer incompetence
>Moana
>young, mentally healthy, curious, genuinely cares about her people and their legacy

Moana has such an angelic voice, I can't stand the cruel fact that her voice will grow old.

What exactly is the villain of this film?

A giant crab deity played by Jemaine

Auli'i wants to do either more acting or more VA work, and I really hope she does. She has so much talent for a newcomer.

You forgot :

>Elsa
>Hot as fuck
>Vanilla

>Moana
>Ugly as fuck
>Brown

Interesting soundtrack.
So this is a movie about people who are proud of their nation, their island and their heritage?
Who think it's best to fight for your land instead of leaving?
Know who you are, be proud of your ancestors, a race of explorers that discovered the world?

kindly fuck off

Another Sup Forums movie impossible to talk about on Sup Forums huh? Ok then.

Tamatoa is a secondary villain.

The main villain is a lava spirit called Te Ka.

Crab people

About people who became too complacent or something like that

Does the Lava witch talks?
I can't seem to find any voice actor linked to her

kys

Jemaine kind of sounds like Tim Curry a bit here

Moana's gonna have to start bulking

>Elsa
>A Hot Vanilla

>Moana
>A brown QT

I am OBJECTIVELY correct here. Waifu wars over.

is this for sale yet?

What's the "Let it Go" of this movie supposed to be?

You welcome.

you welcome.

"How Far I'll Go."

It's easily the most commercial of the songs

r8 his taste

billboard.com/articles/news/7581331/lin-manuel-miranda-disney-moana-best-musicals

I wish her wig was longer.

I love that song so much. It really sells the arrogance and bravado of this demigod and it's really fun. It reminds me of Kuzco, and if he is even half as great as he was then this movie is going to be fantastic.

>Vanilla
>white
here we go

After hearing "How Far I'll Go" and "More" multiple times i think i like "More", well, more.

Same. How Far I'll Go is pretty but More is a lot catchier and doesn't seem as "radio hit" bait. The More Reprise made me tear up too.

>their blood runs in mine

>90% of Pocahontas's friends are white with a few Latinas tossed in there
What are you talking about?

Face characters, m8. The actresses are called "Friends" of the characters.

I like the use of the "Aue, Aue" from "We Know the Way" in "More"

"Warrior-Face" sucks

>I know it's a lot, the hair, the BOD, when you're staring at a demi-god

Yup, Disney Park Cast Member rules are that you can't say that you play a character, but only that you are close friends with them. It's about maintaining the flimsy illusion for children that the characters in the park are real. They call it Character Integrity.

>listening to soundtracks before watching the movie
lol what a nerd

I just read vividly written fanfic on how she sold herself to Maui just to convince him to help her and she almost bled to death when he fiercely took her virginity

>And the call isn't out there at all
>It's inside me
>It's like the tide
>Always falling and rising

>I will carry you here in my heart
>You'll remind me
>That come what may
>I know the way
>I AM MOANA

the movie is coming out here only in january.

and honestly, sometimes i get more mileage out of the soundtrack than the movie by itself.

>youtube.com/watch?v=e2Lm1-W0jow

this movie is going to fuck me up.