Your attention, please

Your attention, please.

Are there any Polar Express passengers in need of refreshments?

I need that hot chocolate that was described in the book because that sounded delicious to my six year old brain.

give me the cummies daddy

what the fuck was his problem?

I fucking hate this movie. Why did the poor kid have to get no present? Was it a foreshadowing that santa isnt real, that the poor are evil and dont deserve presents, or both?

Fuck off Tom Hanks, it's not even Thanksgiving yet.

That scene always made me crave some hot chocolate hardcore.
They couldn't open it till Christmas day dipshit. The point was they got a tour of the North Pole, and some got a little preview of what they were going to get. That's why the elf tells lego set kid "don't worry, it's in good hands." He was worried he wouldn't get a present like all the other years. But he DID get the present, as we see when he's dropped off.

ayo man hook me up wit a 40

But he didnt get presents the other years, just that one. That movie made me loose faith in santa, and learned he wasnt real a month later. Fuck christmas.

I've discovered another shitty christmas special. It's called Have yourself a Morlock Little Xmas from the 90's X-men cartoon.

This movie. THIS MOVIE.
I have a stupid story about this movie.
>be me
>at dinner party
>parents want me to do something with the other family's little son
>go upstairs
>little kid pulls up his dad's laptop to watch Polar Express
>I wait a while
>10 minutes later
>still waiting
>check to see what's happening
>the movie is only open to the main menu
>the kid just wanted to listen to the main menu music for the entire time
>Ican'tdealwiththisshit.jpg
>decide to take action
>quickly click play
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>kid throws a giant tantrum
>mfw we never watched even a second of the movie and all we did was listen to the main menu music for 25 minutes

OK but listen- the point was that santa doesn't really exist- the point is that santa is the embodiment of the spirit of charity and giving.

The kid had never gotten a present any of the other years because he was so concerned about what he was GOING TO GET, and less about how he wanted to spread the joy to others.

Our main protag is obsessed with figuring out if santa is real (remember the encyclopedia scene at the beginning of the book), but that's the entire problem: he's scrounging to find proof of the literal embodiment of santa as depicting instead of realizing he's a metaphor for a charitable spirit. That's why by the end when he gets the bell, his mother and father can't hear it. They're kind people from what we've seen, but they seem to want to put on the Christmas charade just to please their kids. You can tell there's a sort of saccharine sweetness to their interactions with him on Christmas day. He and his sister can hear it because they still believe in the charitable joy that is meant to be given on the day and the hope that brings. His sister eventually can't hear it because she grows up and becomes more concerned with himself. However, our protag can always hear it because through his dream on the Polar Express, he learned the value of helping and giving to others, and always remains charitable.

So the poor kid was greedy therefore evil. Yeah fuck this movie. It made me feel depressed when i was a kid and made me not believe in santa, and is one of the major players in why christmas is such a sad and horrible holiday for me.

He wasn't "evil", just needed a reality check.

Your hatred of this film seems to stem from not getting the message that the kid had been redeemed by the end. You seem like an intolerable person who wallows in self-pity. So basically, you're just like the kid.

My hatred from the film was that it was cold and preachy. You seem like a self absorbed evangelist aka the director of this movie.

I'm just giving my interpretation of the film and justifying why I feel that way.

You've only done one of those things.

Ive given my interpretation of the film and how i feel about it. Ive done everything you have to support my views.

You haven't given examples of why you feel that's the way the film is besides "the kid didn't get presents before."

When they read me that story in the fifth grade, they gave me hit chocolate with marshmallows. I miss being a kid.

I said that the way its set up is some how to induce guilt for being poor. That and the cold depressing north pole and the stern almost hateful santa claus sucked the magic from christmas.

>induce guilt for being poor

It was because the kid was only concerned about himself and presents.

>stern
>hateful

Did you watch the same film I did?

delet this

Autism in action

I'm running out of tears, may I have more please

If it clears anything up for you, Robert Zemeckis is a Libertarian. So yeah, the point was pretty much that the poor kid was greedy and evil.

Yea, gimme a vodka tonic, this shit is boring as fuck

Now I'm imagining a kid who is used to being molested asking for someone to cum in their hot chocolate.

>something I didn't like happens in a children's film so I have a shitty time every year

Um, not to alarm anyone, but there's a creepy hobo ghost outside my window making lewd gestures at me.

Just, ya know, an FYI.

Shut up Boco