Do you think female Marvel superheros will ever be allowed to be sexy again? Or are we in for a dark age?

Do you think female Marvel superheros will ever be allowed to be sexy again? Or are we in for a dark age?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QadevIBGVIw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Editorial says Carol can never be depicted in her old Ms. Marvel leotard, even in flashbacks when she was Ms. Marvel and would be wearing it, so no. Never again.

Seriously?

Sure. The 'diversity' or 'sjw' or whatever it's called these days, push has clearly fallen flat and the return of the X-Men shows us someone's watching the sales figures.

Not today, but after some more books flop we'll get sexy back.

Look dudes, just because they're not showing skin doesn't mean they're not still hot.

I have issues with Marvel's treatment of their female characters, but being unable to fap to them isn't one.

Yeah, this month's Jessica Jones features a flashback with all the Avengers in their classic costumes and then Carol in her Captain Marvel suit.

And this is part of why I'm never paying for anything from Marvel ever again.

No, that was Jessica's imagination, not a flashback. She prefers her Captain Marvel costume.

I call bullshit

It's retarded and clearly only done to avoid showing skin.

Nope.

Who gives a fuck?

Carol was always a shitty character

Thanks for weighing in, sport.

Nope not at all. Marvel is fully engulfed by SJWs at the moment.

At least DC is doing comics right

Now that Trump is President-elect and the forces of SJW and repression have been soundly defeated, there might be hope.

I've certainly noticed more cheesecake and beefcake in the last few months then we've had in the last few years combined.

>thinWaller
>right

>t. someone who cried when Trump was elected

Good job. That and nuHarley were the best examples of how to make a character look worse by making them "sexier".

why do the retards put sexy where it's not needed and take it away where it is.

Bobbi's classic costume is terrible, though.

t. chubby chasers

Not a flashback, since we got JMS-era Thor.

It'll blow over when the mythical superhero movie bubble burst happens and the people who care about thought policing moves on to the new popular thing. Might take a while, though.

It's great. Fuck you.

domino is still hot

I think it'd be nice if we redefined what counts as "sexy" in comics. I mean, for instance, that I don't find costumes that show an idiotic amount of skin or no reason on a character that doesn't need it. Sue Storm's infamous bikini springs to mind.

Similarly, I don't find scantily-dressed women relating their editorially-mandated rape backstory to a guy and then immediately sleeping with him like it really turned her on sexy. There's about a dozen examples of that one.

I'd like to see female characters written with real personality outside of "feminist agenda", "humorless hardass", "kawaii cartoon" or "rape survivor" or some combination thereof. I think the sexiest characters carry their sexiness as a real part of their character, and seeing them doing sexy things usually feels like a culmination of that. It's nice to earn the cheesecake sometimes.

Power IS sexy.

>femdom enthusiast

Yes, and...?

Yeah, so?

>He doesn't like to have a face full of pussy and a vice around his balls

What a queer.

>make feminist-appeasing all-female team book about gurls doing gurl things
>get new artist
>pick a smut artist

This is how it should work.

>Carol with tits and actually looking good
Nice

The first few issues of A-Force felt like they needed a more cheesecakey artist.

The women just looked flat. Not in that way.

This is bullshit. The first couple of issues had Kamala as leotard Carol.

It's a shame it's getting canceled now that it just got a cheesecake artist

No.
Marketing stopped pandering to teenage boys and started pandering to college kids instead. Expect a lot more diverse superheros before they realize this direction isn't profitable and they take a new ridiculous direction.

New Waller is dumb.
She's not some 'action hero' or whatever.

I kinda lost interest when Wilson stopped writing it, desu.

>I've certainly noticed more cheesecake and beefcake in the last few months then we've had in the last few years combined.
Because you made most of them you fucking toddler-minded freak?

Shame, the post-Wilson arcs were much better.

You got me, I confess, I'm actually Frank Cho.

this is incredibly stupid.

College kids don't like boobs?

>Marketing stopped pandering to teenage boys and started pandering to college kids instead.

Comics were marketed at males in their 20s-40s, now they're aimed at the lower end of that scale and "socially conscious". Which is also why their push is failing, they switched focus from a demographic who have too much money to spend and nobody to spend it on to trying for an audience which already spends its meager income (if they even have any) on shitloads of other things.

This one doesn't.

>obvious censorship covering most of the costume

Yeah, with the sash being ridiculously big and covering pretty much all the skin between the tops of her boots and the leotard.

Face it. Marvel is ashamed of Ms. Marvel's costume.

I would be ashamed too for publishing such a piece of spank fodder for so long

Oh look, a body shaming so-called feminist

man, you guys are fucking stupid with this shit, lol

there is nothing sexy about a skintight catsuit.

NOTHING

this makes me so ANGRY AT COMIC BOOKS!

Depends on how much cleavage it's showing. I'll settle for a cameltoe or molded to ass cheeks.

The pendulum will swing back again.

Strong, independent womyn who don't feel the need to flaunt their bodies or conform to patriarchal standards of beauty ARE sexy, you shitlord. Unless you find them sexy then you're a degenerate and even bigger shitlord for fetishizing them.
tl;dr - check your privilege.

>Strong, independent womyn who don't feel the need to flaunt their bodies or conform to patriarchal standards of beauty ARE sexy, you shitlord. Unless you find them sexy then you're a degenerate and even bigger shitlord for fetishizing them.

I can never wrap my head around that contradiction.

>there are people who consider this costume sexy and not just tacky

People should need a basic understanding of fashion to be allowed to design costumes.

in comics it's because they aren't real and it's a bunch of nerds drawing these poses

Here's your response.

That's not what body shaming is.

Still miss her best costume.

youtube.com/watch?v=QadevIBGVIw

yeah, but I'm asking about real life.

Does the writer for this have a last name that begins with B and ends with endis?

No. We live in an age of nerd girl reverse sexism. Women in comics must be completely desexualized, degendered, and conform to ham fisted girl power archetypes, while male characters exist to be cutesy gay ship bait. It's fucking ludicrous, and I say this as a liberal. I've dropped marvel comics cause of this. Regressive liberalism is irrational, unreasonable, and contradicts American values, bilaterally.

Dare I hope for an untouched DOAX3?

You're ashamed just for being alive, you brainless sheep.

I agree with you, but you shouldn't call it "reverse sexism". For two reasons. It sounds retarded and it glosses over the fact that sexism can happen to anyone, not just women.