TIME WARNER Buys MACHINIMA Ahead Of Planned AT&T Acquisition By Chris Arrant, Editor

The fuck?

>Time Warner has reached an agreement to buy the digital video service Machinima, according to Deadline. Time Warner was already an investor of the company, but this new deal gives it complete control and ownership of the YouTube network - which it will fold into its newly-minted division, Warner Bros. Digital Networks. Machinima currently airs several animated series including Justice League: Gods and Monsters Chronicles, Transformers: Combiner Wars, and Mortal Kombat: Legacy.

>"[Machinima has] enormous reach and high engagement with audiences that play our games and are big fans of DC films and television shows,” says Warner Bros. Digital Networks Preisdent Craig Hunegs. “Machinima also produces great, high-quality content for their community, and together we can create an even more compelling experience and do some really exciting things involving our key franchises. This acquisition is another meaningful move forward as Warner Bros. develops more direct relationships with our consumers.”

>Machinima generated a reported $25 million in revenue in 2015, as well as raising $98 million in private funding rounds.

Source:
newsarama.com/32061-warner-bros-buys-machinima-ahead-of-planned-at-t-acquisition.html
archive.is/AylqB

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-5q3TG5yCG0&index=1&list=PL7055959F1660FC0D
youtube.com/watch?v=GLrk4J6hK0M&index=2&list=PL7055959F1660FC0D
youtube.com/watch?v=Q-cxB_vwVyo&index=3&list=PL7055959F1660FC0D
youtube.com/watch?v=nUX3u-QtjY4&index=4&list=PL7055959F1660FC0D
youtube.com/watch?v=GumS77ctLf0&index=5&list=PL7055959F1660FC0D
youtube.com/watch?v=TnbGqqXAPQI&index=6&list=PL7055959F1660FC0D
youtube.com/watch?v=iz-RmSG2s1k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Machinima

How is this Sup Forums?

These companies are getting absurd.

Time Warner owns DC.
So maybe we'll see some exclusive DC shows on Machinima

I assumed Machinima was dead

OI DOES THIS MEANS THAT GODS AND MONSTERS LIVES ON ?

fucking REMEMBER MACHINIMA??

I haven't seen a video about vidya gaems referred to as a Machinima in years

machinima has been dead since like 5 years, it went to shit when sanity not included felt like it was never going to get a new episode, and then lyle left

Machinima worked with DC animation on those Gods and Monsters shorts, which were pretty good.
Hell, the Superhombre short was even better than the movie.

I had no goddamned clue what Machinima was even doing these days.

??

What? This is still a thing?

Didn't get its start from Halo 3 recordings or something?

It's not, the Warner quote doesn't even mention DC comics or cartoons.

If we had competent mods, OP might've been tempted to tie it into something like "will we get more shorts like we did for Gods and Monsters?".

For the most part, Machinima hasn't been about original vidya-based videos in a long time. The term "machinima" is now almost entirely co-opted by the company.

All that Machinima does nowadays is act as a partner service to YouTube channels and Let's Players who are too lazy to realize Machinima is gypping them out of money. Looking at you, DSP.

it started as Newgrounds for people who didn't know how to animate.
started with Halo 2 and Melee comedy shorts, got big, then Call of Duty became huge so they focused on gameplay commentaries and then everything went to shit

>Machinima currently airs several animated series including Justice League: Gods and Monsters Chronicles, Transformers: Combiner Wars, and Mortal Kombat: Legacy.

Already happened, did you forget Gods and Monsters?

>Transformers: Combiner Wars
They shouldn't have.

Not sure if Machinima is really Sup Forums, but I'll post my favorites: Inventing Swear Words. Pic unrelated

youtube.com/watch?v=-5q3TG5yCG0&index=1&list=PL7055959F1660FC0D
youtube.com/watch?v=GLrk4J6hK0M&index=2&list=PL7055959F1660FC0D
youtube.com/watch?v=Q-cxB_vwVyo&index=3&list=PL7055959F1660FC0D
youtube.com/watch?v=nUX3u-QtjY4&index=4&list=PL7055959F1660FC0D
youtube.com/watch?v=GumS77ctLf0&index=5&list=PL7055959F1660FC0D
youtube.com/watch?v=TnbGqqXAPQI&index=6&list=PL7055959F1660FC0D

They're becoming monopolies. It's like watching slow moving oil droplets absorbing one another.

Unca Donald will save us!

>They're becoming monopolies.
>Implying they weren't already monopolies to begin with.

You do know 90% of our media is coming through only 6 media companies, right?

even if he stops the deal, they'll just make shady deals under the table.
all that would change is that the US will get less tax $$$

Damn, I didn't think it was that small.
I now want to hear all of Trump's speeches in Donald Duck's voice.

This takes me back

youtube.com/watch?v=iz-RmSG2s1k

Isn't Machinima Hemorrhaging money at this point?

are they going to buy myspace next?

Time Warner becomes stronger

No, Time Inc. owns it now(as well as Justin Timberlake) after it was sold to them by News Corp. in 2011. It's not the same company as Time Warner though, Time Inc. was spun off from the Time Warner company in 2014 and is a separate company from the media giant.

Will they feature season three of Young Justice here?

oh shit! haven't even thought about that!
would make sense. I mean, Machinima has hosted animated shows before.

I thought they had already done this? That's why the Gods & Monsters shorts were uploaded there

Soon they'll acquire enough power to challenge Disney at the End of Days.

WB had investors in Machinima since 2001

But didn't Cheetoh-Skin President say he wanted to prevent this merger? He better work fast!

How long until Disney consumes them both?

2 decades at most

Yeah literally only RvB is around and in this day and age it's literally easier for them to straight-up animate shit.

I miss the Halo 3 era

>GEARS OF HALO THEFT AUTO 5

That's not how a monopoly works

That's an Oligopoly.

Awesome, you got all those youtube subscribers that don't even watch anything Machinima anymore, but are too lazy to unsubscribe

Goodjob Time Warner. Get those Youtube bucks!

Congrats