I'm pretty sure this is the worst political cartoon i've seen about the election

I'm pretty sure this is the worst political cartoon i've seen about the election.

For context, here's the comic he did shortly after 9/11.
He is comparing Trump becoming president to a Terrorist attack where thousands of people died.

You can tell that he didn't even bother fully redrawing it.

Are these unfunny on purpose?

Yeah. It's supposed to be "this isn't humorous because the subject is horrible, there's no reason to laugh even slightly at 9/11, to say nothing of Donald Trump getting elected."

Don't care about the original intent of the comic,
this shit is a perfect representation of Sup Forums post the election.

Fuckers keep popping up everywhere and won't shut the fuck up.

I found the absurdity of it humorous.

I thought the joke was making fun of how a bunch of newspaper comics did 9/11 tributes.

You peopl a are missing the point, it's poking fun about how Trump is the subject topic of basically everything and you can't escape the news.

The same way 9/11 did.

>this shit is a perfect representation of Sup Forums post the election.
I think that was the intent.

They did it to themselves. Media in general shot themselves in the foot multiple times to try and get him not elected, and now that he is elected half of the people are laughing at them, while the other half of the people are rioting because the news told them it would be the end of days if Trump was elected.

It's just anti-humor, y'know, like Scandinavian humor
>knock knock
>who's there
>it's me
>go away
>ok

Same here.

I'll admit, it's a funny idea for a comix page. But it falls flat in that what its poking fun at is something everybody's already aware of. It comes off more as a circlejerk on the creator's behalf as his work jumps on the current Trump zeitgeist

The point is, it doesn't matter who was actually elected president. It doesn't matter whether or not Trump is actually going to be as bad as the creator thinks. This piece of work he has created is a comic, not a political rant. And the point of this comic is to inform its audience of something it has already been bludgeoned to death with

Replace the comic with Adolf Hitler and the "punchline", for lack of a better word, is still in tact. There's no real reason for the target to be Trump aside from that he's a very talked about subject matter right now

Is it weird that the first thing I thought about when reading that last panel was AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CENA!

>There's no real reason for the target to be Trump aside from that he's a very talked about subject matter right now
Isn't that kind of the point? I think most people have forgotten about the pain that 9/11 caused, despite Toby Keith and Darryl Worley's attempts back then to keep the wound fresh, and yet we were constantly bitching about it up until Osama was caught

I thought Scandinavian humor was telling jokes while your wife is being culturally enriched?

I'm not even anti-Trump and that is pretty amusing commentary on how you can't go two fucking seconds lately without hearing about him. And how it is saturating shit and dividing people.

Your comment has made me reflect, user. In my own hubris, I failed to realize the comic's true purpose is to parody the constant coverage of Trump rather than the comic being another example of that coverage

>All branches of the United States government will be beholden to me.
That's not how it works reeee

Just a small reeee

I'd rank trump being elected right up there with 9/11 really. Repealing obamacare alone is going to kill tens of thousands of people and he still has three and three quarters of years after that to do even worse damage.

ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT

>I'd rank trump being elected right up there with 9/11 really.

>Repealing obamacare
He's already said that he doesn't want to get rid of it entirely
which gives me hope that he's not going to do literally any of the things that he's promised his supporters

The thing that will be replacing Obamacare will include the parts about how you can't turn down people with preexisting conditions, and forcing them to let children be on their parents plans through age 25, but everything else about it's going away.

If you look at what Trump with healthcare wants to do it actually makes sense. There is so much fucking red tape which prevented competition with insurance companies.

If he can actually get rid of the bureaucratic bullshit which has been plaguing our healthcare system for decades then everyone will benefit: Doctors, Nurses, Patients, hell even insurance companies.

What about the 10% of people who will go back to having no coverage of any kind?

i'm mad more because this could be a funny premise and they fucked it up

Of course he's not. You'd have to be a complete idiot to ever believe that politicians will ever do what they promise.

Potentially it's a lot worse than that.

I really wish I was just being a snide little prick.

>Stage 3, bargaining

idungeddit

Is he intentionally trying to ape Dilbert, Farside, etc. or is he an even more untalented hack than the first look would imply.

Yeah, that's unfair. Trump's going to kill a lot more Americans than that.

I feel like this is a meta joke about how incongruous political commentary is when it is shoved into an otherwise non-partisan humor comic.

Did you know that George Bush killed more American troops by sending them to die senselessly in Iraq than Osama bin Laden did on 9-11? It's kinda like that.

Losers.

Sad.

It's an accurate depiction of threads here. You go a few posts and suddenly Sup Forums needs to tourette's its way into the conversation.

>it's a "this political cartoon doesn't match my ideology so I'm going to bitch about it" thread