CERTIFIED FRESH!

CERTIFIED FRESH!

Tell me again why we spam this website's scores?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MVRfmuHLjmA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Normies hate it
>Critics love it

it's kino

Does anyone know the full plot to this? Spoilers welcomed.

>we
shills and upvote/downvote obsessed redditors*

She's Mother Earth/Mary , he's God, the house is Earth

Do you want a detailed synopsis of everything that happens? Because then it'll just sound like pretentious trash.

Don't get me wrong, it IS pretentious trash, but it's also entertaining as fuck and half of that comes from the audiovisual sledgehammer that the third act lobs at your face. Knowing nothing makes it that much more insane.

>may be too unwieldy for mainstream tastes
>audience score 49%

Sorry user, what is your point here?

>Critics love it

not really
29% hate it and 71% forced themselves to like it because "thought provoking", "not for everyone"

>71%
>good
eh. its certainly ebtter than the new IT.

Is this movie worth rushing out to see or just wait to download? I like Aronofskys other movies and this seems intriguing af but i hate Jlaws face and i heard there is 66mins of closeups

>forced themselves to like it
nice meme

Certified Lovecraftian

If you hate j law you'll enjoy the end of it

jesus fucking christ just end yourself fucking loser

so she dies?

It's very good. Maybe too ambitious but a tense ride that explodes.
>inb4 troll dropping 'pretentious' every other comment

Agreed :)

>"The movie feels like 10 different movies, the script is disjointed and barely makes any sense. It really made me think. 10/10"

this does sound rather pretentious though

>When it comes time for Mother to finally have their baby, she and the poet retreat to his upstairs office, which is basically the Garden of Eden/Heaven. She gives birth but refuses to let the poet take the baby to the throng of onlookers downstairs. Unfortunately, as sleep deprivation gets the best of her, the poet snatches the baby from her arms and gives it to the people. The baby, in this instance, is Jesus Christ. Those familiar with the New Testament knew what was coming next—the poet gives his baby to the people, who then kill it. Mother is horrified, even moreso when the people start eating the baby while crying (i.e. consuming the body of Christ as in communion, during which we remember Jesus’ sacrifice for our sins).

>Mother gets trampled and beaten badly, almost to the point of death, before she makes her escape. The parallel here is humanity killing the planet (i.e. Mother Nature). But as we’re experiencing right now with climate change, Mother Nature fights back. Lawrence’s character screams in terror, shaking the house (i.e. Earth), before running to the basement where she lets her wrath loose in full fury. Fittingly, she chooses an oil drum as her weapon (i.e. the fossil fuel industry) and sets the entire place on fire, killing all of humanity.

>The poet, being God/creator and thus immortal, survives and carries the badly burned Mother upstairs. She protests, asking him to stop, but he carries on opening her chest and pulling out another crystal like the one Pfeiffer and Harris’ characters broke at the beginning of the movie. It’s here that the gloomy ending comes into full view, as we realize Lawrence’s Mother was simply one of many Earths that God has created. Lawrence’s Mother tells him to stop, warning that humanity will always do this—turn on its creator, itself, and of course the Earth. But he strives to create, and thus he takes the crystal to the upstairs room, places it on the mantle, and the house restores itself and a brand new Mother wakes up in the bed, fresh-eyed and unaware that she’s just the next iteration of the cycle.

both normies and pop culture critics have bad taste

worst movie ive ever seen in my entire life.

>thought-provoking

Deeply polarizing movies are almost always the ones that are later reassessed as great

pleb

>critics love it
Critics know better than to give arrogansky a flat zero because theyll get bombarded by liblets and their 20pg essay responses.

This. This movie has all the makings of a modern classic. We'll look back at this film in the coming years as one of the most underappreciated yet greatest films of the decade.

The Fountain and Noah were despised initially by both critics and audience, he's not untouchable like the Nolantinos

I remember The Fountain being equally savaged as incomprehensible and pretentious

>aronofsky
This hack has never made anything more than IMDB fodder. Hes the Jonas Mekas of pleb cinema

dude god is too nice to humans who take advantage of their home/nature lmao. arronofsky is the biggest hack of all time. he only appeals to people who are just getting into film
no we wont

Seriously, just take a fucking average between the two scores and it should match up close to what you think. In this case the film is at about 60%

youtube.com/watch?v=MVRfmuHLjmA

>acting like you've just discovered something is wrong

Noah was given positive reviews by critics you fuck audiences hated it/ mixed religousfags

You have shit taste elle fanning sucks and neon demon was worse than those ratings

>jlaw
Nobody except a pleb would say what you just said about mother!

The autistic emma watson drone that cries about Sup Forums being "reddit" yet is here everyday has arrived!

Just saw it. I went in expecting nothing, my friend dragged me along and I wasnt too excited since its jlaw, but wow that was a shock. Fucking incredible, intense as fuck and I feel utterly exhausted now.

Fuck every thinkpiece that's about to be written about this flick.

>though it may be too unwieldy for mainstream tastes
>mainstream = normies and normies love capeshit
>capeshit = literal shit
In conclusion normies love to eat shit. Literally eat feces and ask for more.

Once someone mentioned a baby being eaten i knew The Neon Demon would be mentioned. Or at least i hoped it would enter the thread.

I had the misfortune of watching Neon Demon recently and while i understand that half the movie is an eyegasm of 80s montages, the movie was complete fucking garbage on all other levels.

Thoughts anyone? Mother looks like shit too.

sounds like Begotten

Found the autist who defends this board whenever he isnt sleeping, its clearly reddit

Mother is shit too, execution wise

>As far as the shocking moments in the film, they are a real doozy. There's one scene in particular that will certainly repel some people. In my theater of about 20 or so people a woman basically ran out during this part. When we left she was waiting outside visibly shaken and yelling at her boyfriend. For me as a person who loves it when films push the envelope and cross boundaries, I was delighted by it all.

what did he mean by this?

If there's one guy in Hollywood who is genuinely ahead of their time, it's Aronofsky. Everything Snyderfags meme about BvS is actually true in him.

Just lay it on me. I'm never going to watch this shit movie.

Kristin Wiig is in this she plays The Herald.

imagine taking your gf to that. what a mong

IT average score is 7.1 while this movies average score is 6.7 wtf are u talking about

Bad audience scores usually means that they thought it was going to be a totally different movie than what they saw (ex: The VVitch)
Is the trailer misleading ?

Its jlaw so not watching

Something something Jews something liberals something SJW something
funnypepe.jpg