Have we talked about this yet?

Have we talked about this yet?

youtube.com/watch?v=hpWYtXtmEFQ

No one cares what you think asshole. Sell your wares somewhere else shill.

I actually liked this video and it was informative. I work in the industry a bit but I do on-set stuff, I have no idea about the post-production stuff. It's good to get an answer to why the movies look so dull sometimes.

That guy is right. They could brighten it up with the color grading.

Jesus shit the fuck up, you and the guy in the video don't know shit. These people make the actual films, they know way they're doing and you don't.

>all this butthurt over a different opinion.
Thanks for your contribution Sup Forumsumblr

>These people make the actual films, they know way they're doing and you don't.

can you be sure of that?

>Sup Forumsumblr
This is not an insult you fucking retard.

I haven't even watched the video but you are retarded
>hurr durr you can't criticise something because you are not a writer/artist/director.

Yes, these are hundred million dollar films, they wouldn't do something a certain way if they didn't know what they were doing. Disney isn't ran by morons.

>Yes, these are hundred million dollar films, they wouldn't do something a certain way if they didn't know what they were doing.

you can't say this while BvS and the Fox's Fantastic Four movies existed.

I said I literally work in the industry dipshit, I probably know more about it than you. And you can't even read.

Plus, the audience has a say in how the final product looks. If it looks like shit, then you don't continue to see their shit movies and they lose that money. They have a vested interest in listening.

I recently saw this video and he's basically right.

And yet DCEU haters will still say that they have bad visuals even when a huge Marvel shill says otherwise. Some people.

BvS was great. Change your example.

no.

I think Marvel is on such a tight time constraint that they never take their time to make their films look really good.

Congrats on being wrong then. You just discredited yourself.

Appeal to authority is such a weak argument

MCU fans always use fallacious arguments to defend their movies. They just don't have any other way except plain lies or "muh cash and RT doe."

i don't need to prove that BvS was a critical failure, nor i need credibility from you.

epin

"Critical acclaim" is all that matters? You just killed your own argument buddy.

>"Critical acclaim" is all that matters?

yes actually, it does.

the original claim was
>These people make the actual films, they know way they're doing and you don't.

if they knew what they were doing they wouldn't be critically panned.

I can agree with that. It feels like they start filming a film and there is a trailer out in few months. They can afford to slow the fuck down. Disney's not going bankrupt.

Marvel movies looking ugly is the least of their problems.

Bad script, bad characters, bad music, bad acting, tons of plot holes. Does it have any redeeming qualities?

ITT: REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I agree
The sample he made was WAY to saturated imo but I have noticed that the marvel movie are fairly grey, I just didn't have a word for it

I think it's because of tight schedules. They're already done filming GOTG 2, Spider-Man Homecoming and Thor Ragnarok at the same time. They're going to start filming Infinity Wars soon, and so on and so forth. Keep in mind, they also have to be aware of any other films the actors are signed up with and work around those. It almost feels like assembly line work.

Taking the bait. As explained in the video essay, the color grade they shot with makes things more down to earth. Marvel has a history of making their characters people in the real world first, and superheroes/villains second. Though I do like a good color pop I feel like they could save the improvement for thanos and post thanos movies as a sort of crescendo of quality.

It's clear the guy who made the video is a fan of the movies. If you actually watch it, you know he's right about everything. That doesn't make the MCU any less impressive. It just points out one of like 3 things that Marvel could improve on including the scores and the villains.

The guy talking in the video is 100% correct. It's nothing for me to get depressed or upset over, but he's pointed out something that was valid in demonstration.

I feel educated. I also feel dirty walking away knowing that more care was put into shitty moves like Jupiter Ascending.

your bait is weak, dude.

Funny thing is, people only seem to care that someone is putting movies on a fucking comic and cartoon board if it insults their precious MCU. Mods need to get their shit together and shove all the movie fags off this board.

It really is.

Why the hell is the MCU as over hyped as it is? It's all just generic, literally all the movies share the same fucking plot, pacing, and feel.

I will tell you a little secret, casuals are the only ones that care about this movies, kids don't remember who was the red skull or hammer

Shills. A couple of idiots and China give them tons of cash and they have the audacity to claim that it's because the movies are good.

>not recognizing shitpost
>responding to shitpost

>These people make the actual films

No...they don't.

I don't know what these people expect an airport to look like.

Maybe a Sears?

It feels like he's ignoring the elephant in the room -- the muted colors make it feel less larger than life and less comic book-y, and that's probably what Marvel was going for when they set this standard. It's intentional, they know what they're doing, and your personal preferences don't matter.

>looking ugly is okay as long as it's intentional

How do you explain Iron Man then? Did they decide that it looked too good and downgraded from it?

>why does the MCU suck?
>why does the DCU suck?
you guys are literally unpleasable

It also drains the "fun" out of the scene, because while it was hype it was a big superhero throwdown, it was shitty they had to fight at all because all the awful stuff was still happening in the background.

And I dont mean that in a negative manner, there was a sense of cold urgency to that scene.

One side actually defends its movies.

it happens to both sides, especially if you leave Sup Forums, people are really defensive about their personal choices, its like they are the new coke and pepsi

bump

He is absolutely right, except for the part where he praised Marvel for doing so much "right" (as if!). Ugly, generic-ass looking films with shitty villains and forgettable scores seem to be the Disney trademark.

Reddit proved the guy was purposefully changing the before shots to be more duller than they really are

This is the same as that guy who just changed the contrast for MoS

The video, while well-intentioned, was made by a guy who knows nothing about color grading on an industry level.

>people criticize the color of Man of Steel
>"I agree entirely; DC needs to literally kill Zack Snyder and hire a real filmmaker, like Joss Whedon."

>one person criticizes the color of Civil War
>"I changed my mind; literally kill this man."

Come to think of it, it's surprising nobody ever criticized the Marvel films' color choices sooner. MoS and Civil War look to have the same paleness.

Wow, that is some ugly-ass saturization.

wew

This guy at least said that it's something Marvel needs to consider, unlike the MoS guy who colored the Sahara as green and said he was better at cinematography than Larry Fong.

I remember reading that the entire airport fight was like >90% CGI.

The difference between MoS and Civil War is that Civil War looks like it just took place on a regular ol cloudy day. There will never be a shot in real life without any sort of post of that shot in the bottom left or on the 2nd from the bottom on the right side for the original.

Yup

>Come to think of it, it's surprising nobody ever criticized the Marvel films' color choices sooner.
If you watch the video, it kind of touches on a reason why no one did mention it sooner...
The MCU cinematography and color pallets visually match the art of the 2000's Ultimates' comics that the movie studios are pulling their stories from. That Computer-Coloring-over-Pencils style that Joe Mad ushered in combined with the Greg Land Tracing-over-Photographs copy/paste production style.

Whereas DC's house style still heavily relied on solid inking and traditio-- ah, who am I kidding...
No one was reading DC comics in the 2000's

>it's surprising nobody ever criticized the Marvel films' color choices sooner.
No it's not. They have so many other problems that don't get criticized, why is it surprising that this one isn't either? Im surprised they haven't praised it.

thanks OP i cum on cat she hiss at penis

Imagine all that fucking FOD

>if they knew what they were doing they wouldn't be critically panned.
very, very wrong
"critics" are politicized hacks.

Critics are insane. I think they purposefully decided to hate the movie and then came up with a bunch of random excuses with one or two praises to make them seem unbiased.

There were people who hated Affleck and liked Eisenberg and vice versa, ones who said Wonder Woman was the best part, ones who said Wonder Woman was the worst part, etc. But the thing they all had in common is that they gave the movie a "rotten" score. It's pretty sketchy when every part of the movie is both praised and hated at the same time.

Moments of that fight scenes reminds me of Newer versions of Power Rangers

>critics are people with differing opinions
who knew?

epic reading comprehension mr. mouse

DCEU has good color grading but weaker cinematography, and some pretty atrocious CGI at times. It's actually kind of inexcusable how bad some of their CGI can be given how expensive they are.

>but weaker cinematography
lie of the year

And yes, I know you have to call this scene shit to save face.

I prefer the marvel movies and he has some good points, I agree the film ones look better, colour grading seems like it could help immensely.

The irony in this post is astounding.

>DCEU has weaker cinematography than MCU

It's meant to be look grey because it's meant to be realistic.

>capeflicks
>realism

Its ok when Marvel does it.