DCEU CHARACTERS

They are all amazing, you just don't like them because "not muh"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zzDOpvukhNo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This version of Superman and Batman alone are fucking brilliant, I also really like the little I have seem from Flash and Wonder Woman

>you just don't like them because "not muh"

Since when is "This portrayal is not to my liking because it is incongruent with the character as I know him" an invalid complaint towards a major adaptation of a long-running franchise?

I don't like DC comics because they're not my brilliant DCEU characters.

Sup Forums pls

If you think almost everyone is saying "not muh" doesn't that tell you something

tells me that capekids don't like change

Consistent characterization is something to avoid?

>Consistent characterization
DCEU has this.
It's just not the characterization you want.
In other words, not muh.

People want a Superman that resamble Superman.

This is why people dont like stuff like, white bearded Superman, gunning down Hitler twins, with giant canons.

Saying "its different, I can to whatever I want, and still call it Supaman" is kind of patethic and an insult toward fans. Again, if everyone is saying that there is something wrong, you should take notes.

Lex was a great villian and truthful to what lex is in the comics

You're just bitter because the DCEU is literally worth hundreds of times what your baby comics are worth. Just give up, manchild, DCEU is the future. Can't wait until DC just drops their comics.

Nice b8, try to tone it down next time so you can get those guaranteed (you)'s

Because every primary aspect of the character's mythos is intact just under a different context and with actual consequences instead of the writers walking on egg shells to avoid the character not doing anything violent or ugly that realistic characters sometimes have to do so as to preserve the flawless archetype.

You still replied to it. And you know for a fact, even after this post, people will still reply to it. Sup Forums is goddamn retarded.

>People want a Superman that resamble Superman.
And this does in virtually every way except that he was brought up in a realistic and flawed world instead of a bright happy fairytell land and so he can't just be cheery and silly all the time because it wouldn't make god damn sense.

Exactly, and the story chooses to focus on different angles of the same characters, struggle, doubt, failure, and how they deal and overcome that.

>Because every primary aspect of the character's mythos is intact just under a different context
Kek, not in the DCEU.

>You're just bitter because the DCEU is literally worth hundreds of times what your baby comics are worth
Ok Mos is my 2nd favorite movie and you seriously need to fuck off you making actual dceu fans look bad you fucking cocksucker.

My normie friends love FUCKING ANT-MAN more than Supes, because of Snyder, and think that Batman is insane retard who can be countered by MARTHA.
Literally no one love characters from DCEU. Only snyderfags and edgykids.which is same thing

Exactly because their retard normies that probably love Bayformers & Twilight.

>Only snyderfags and edgykids
But I like DCEU's Superman specifically because he is NOT edgy nor is he a flawless mary sue.

>because every primary aspect of the character's mythos is intact

That's not even true.

For instance, the bond that Superman has with the general public is an integral part of his character and has been for several decades. DC muggles trust him with their lives and support him every step of the way. They went the opposite route in the Snyderverse, which is a pretty major change.

You know, Snyder's version is cruse to the planet. Literally every bad thing on Earth happened because of him.

No screaming eagle shit. Now watch the thread reach over 250+ posts.

Also, the fact that Batman is willing to gun down every criminal that crosses his path.

I think the film would have been better if you saw how Batman was coming closer and closer to killing but chose to reject it in the end.

Oh and 'The World's Greatest Detective', did absolutely no detective work on Superman for 2 years. Considering Lex 'I use unique LexCorp metals in the bullets I give to mercs and in the bombs I use on Congress' Luthor and Lois 'Save Me Superman!' Lane figured it out.

What the fuck do you is the DCEU? Indie? Auteur film? It's blockbuster mainstream capeshit and Snyder went retarded being pretentious forgetting the people who is going to watch this film watches it for entertainment. What is suppose to be Batman and Superman 101 of DCEU to normies became a mess of storytelling. This is how Snyder painted Supes and Batty and presented it to the normies and this is how they would see it.

>For instance, the bond that Superman has with the general public is an integral part of his character and has been for several decades
Even if that was true that is still a contextual change not a change in the character that makes him "Superman".
Zod is a sentient being that made his own choices.
If a serial killer follows me home when I buy a new car and kills my neighbors is it my fault?

>Zod's message
>Clark visits church to talk with guy who don't know shit istead of his kryptonian father who could say who is Zod and how to defeat him
Clark's stupidity casued thousands of deaths and billions of damage.

>Indie? Auteur film?
Of course not but it still had vastly more effort and craftsmanship put into them then typical blockbusters.
>the people who is going to watch this film watches it for entertainment
Being intelligent & artful being the antithesis of entertainment says a fucking lot about you and the state of moviegoers.
>became a mess of storytelling
There is NOTHING wrong with the storytelling in Mos and 90% nothing wrong with it in the UC of BVS.

I really like this new take on The Joker, he has potential.
It's been some time since we've had a mobster Joker.
He just gotta stop acting like an animal sometimes, be more like Miller/Morrison's version.
I think that he'll do great with a better script in the future Affleck movies.

These bait threads are getting less creative. When even Sup Forums is tired of this shit, you know something is wrong with Sup Forums

1.) Zod probably could have detected him flying back to the artic.
2.) Clark wanted a human opinion because its very possible both his Father & Zod's true intent was bias in a way against humans.
3.) Even if he had gotten the way to take out Zod from his father at the beginning it would have flown in the face of the character of Superman to sneak attack Zod with a bomb that would likely tear their bodies apart in a black whole. That would have been far fucking worse then killing Zod as we got.

Normies love Nolan's films, for example. TDK solo made more impact in culute than whole DCEU.
I agree with MoS. Depsite fact that it's terrible adaptation, it's pretty decent action movie. But BvS is total mess. It's not good for fans, because it shits on beloved characters. It's shit for normies, because it's not explain shit. And shit for cuckritics because pretentions af.

>He just gotta stop acting like an animal sometimes

Yeah Leto is playing him as actually crazy. It's like he's not even fully aware of what's going on. Comes off awkward.

I feel bad for Snyderfags.

>It's shit for normies, because it's not explain shit

It's pretty straightforward.

> Even if that was true that is still a contextual change not a change in the character that makes him "Superman".

I disagree. A major factor in the DCU is that normies trust Superman so much, it trickles down to other heroes. If he vouches for a hero who looks shady, for instance, they'll take his word for it (see: latest ish of Aquaman)

More than one series (e.g., JLA: The Nail) has envisioned what might happen if he wasn't around to temper relations between normies and other superheroes. Shit gets ugly, every time

here's your

youtube.com/watch?v=zzDOpvukhNo

>craftsmanship
Filmmaking is more than just visuals and pretentious screenplay user. Snyder's autism made him myopic and he ended up delivering a fanfic with no readers/audience in mind.

>TDK solo made more impact
Of course because it was the first of its type and the MCU hadn't taken off yet to public demand for campy silly films hadn't grown to a 10th the level it is now.

Since Elseworlds exist.

You know, the DCEU is in such a sorry state that I actually look fondly on MoS. Mostly because of how self contained it is and it doesn't have forced extended world building

>I disagree. A major factor in the DCU is that normies trust Superman so much, it trickles down to other heroes. If he vouches for a hero who looks shady, for instance, they'll take his word for it (see: latest ish of Aquaman)
>More than one series (e.g., JLA: The Nail) has envisioned what might happen if he wasn't around to temper relations between normies and other superheroes. Shit gets ugly, every time
THAT IS THE POINT, For this to be a universe that makes things fucking hard on the heroes where they actually have to work hard to accomplish shit instead of just mary suing their way through everything.

this user gets it

1) How? And even so, so fucking what?
2) >his Father
>against humans
Even possiblity of that is stupid. He talked with his father already. Superman is retarded and can't see his father is good person?
3) He has killed them anyway. In character of Superman to let them kill thousands of people first? And I think Jor-El could find different way to stop Zod.

Superman is among America.

Batman is the night.

You wouldn't call it a contextual change if Bruce Wayne was a popular billionaire DJ who fights crime after the club closes at 3am. Oh wait, you probably would.

Thats funny, I had the same thought when I was watching Suicide Squad last night. How the fuck did we get here?

>Of course because it was the first of its type

Are you underage? Dark gritty super hero movies existed for decades.

Yeah because Superman is a great IP for realistic stories :^)

Greed

"Not muh" is a completely valid reason for not liking something

>Batman is insane retard who can be countered by MARTHA.

lol my normie friends think Batman is like the Punisher.

You'd be pretty confused if you don't know shit about DC except MoS. Why is this Bruce guy angry? Whose costume with polearm? Is he dead? Who is he? His son? Wtf? Why is this guy wearing Bat-costume? Why should I care? Who is this woman? Why is she like Superman? Why is her staff is so strong? etc etc

>He has killed them anyway
After they drew first blood, after they have established themselves as a threat.
Its self defense.
Attacking them with no notion of their intent is murder.

> In character of Superman to let them kill thousands of people first?
He didn't "let" them do jack shit, he can't be in 2 places at once.

>THAT IS THE POINT, For this to be a universe that makes things fucking hard on the heroes where they actually have to work hard to accomplish shit instead of just mary suing their way through everything.

Snyderfags showing that they hate comics again.

I don't like them because they're boring. Interesting interpretations of some characters but ultimately the execution of all of them is boring or unlikable.

Being liked by the public does not make a character a Mary Sue, user. There is nothing unrealistic about a man who does good things having a good reputation, no matter what anecdotes on the internet tell you.

Also, besides that, there are plenty of ways to write engaging conflict without heavily altering the character's traits

Not to that level of flawlessness. And none of them involved Superman or really any super powered individuals.

I think what bothers me most about Superman in the DCEU is that he is the source for all the conflict thus far

Like, if he had never come to Earth, none of this world ending shit would happen

The first Superman movie had Superman actually prevent a plan that would have been followed through had Luther not been foiled. Compare that to MoS where Superman's mere presence is why the villain appears.

That idea carries over to Luther only acting as a reaction to Superman rather then vice versa. Luthor would just continue doing shady shit rather then almost destroy the world if Superman had never come

This also extends to Suicide Squad. The Enchantess would have never been put in a position to do harm had they not assembled a squad as a reaction to Superman

Again, the arrival of Superman also leads to Darkseid's invasion of Earth in Justice League. Lex was only able to contact him, which he wouldn't have done if Superman had never gone to Earth, through Zod's ship, which wouldn't have been there if Superman never sent the beacon

Why would I root for a hero who has had an absolutely negative effect on the World at large?

No plenty of awesome comics show darkness & consequences just not the ones you fucking people want them to take influence from.

>Ask father who they are
>They're mass murderers, son and they'll eliminate the whole planet to ressurect Krypton
>K, how do I stop them?
>Father tells him some deadly/not deadly soultions before ship is too close.
Well?

>Being liked by the public does not make a character a Mary Sue, user. There is nothing unrealistic about a man who does good things having a good reputation, no matter what anecdotes on the internet tell you.
Your fucking delusional, the real world is awful and will factually try to tear down everyone who tries to do good.

Fuck off Sup Forums

>Why would I root for a hero who has had an absolutely negative effect on the World at large?
BECAUSE ITS NOT ACTUALLY HIS FAULT.
Your suppose to be sympathetic to him not fucking blaming him.

Do you not root for Thor in the comics just because Loki kills people just to fuck with him? Or Batman with the Joker.

Since that long running franchise is filled with such a changes and are adaptations of the original character that Siegel and Shuster created in the first place.

In fact, he's closer to original Golden Age Supes than Classic Supes.

Read a comicbook once.

BvS is still a film though user.

>>They're mass murderers
But they weren't.

My nigga.

>Why would I root for a hero who has had an absolutely negative effect on the World at large?
Because he is a good person who didn't choose to cause any of this to happen and is trying to stop it. You fucking idiot.

>Who is Leo DiCaprio and dozens of other celebrities who do tons of charity and beloved by literally everywhere
Even in FUCKING REAL WORLD, there is a lot of kind people who get appreciation they deserved. DC is even better than real world. Snyder is just edgy. And he affrected you.

What the fuck is this cynical bullshit? If anything, the point to a superhero universe should be that people are mostly good. People should be cheering Superman on.

People may shit on others, rob, steal, murder, and so on, but the majority of people out there are pretty decent.

You forgot about coup d'etat? They definetly killed a lot of people during that.

WB needs to fire their entire editing team.

They don't so much edit as they butcher.

>Your suppose to be sympathetic to him not fucking blaming him.
>suppose to be
Intent doesn't equate to result
It's just like with Hal Jordan or the Na'vi. Having bad things happen to you doesn't make you sympathetic if you're already coming off as a kind of person that deserves to have bad things happen to you.

People need to like you to feel sympathy for you. At best, you may be confusing sympathy with empathy.

>Don't use your powers to help people! Something might go wrong!
>Activate this millennia old alien technology! What could go wrong?!

>the real world...will try to tear down everyone who tries to do good

>everyone who tries to do good

How'd they try to tear down pic related?

>Criticises DC for bad characterisation
>Praises hellboy

you're an idiot, you know that freind

Convince me Superman has been good for the DCEU planet earth. I do feel bad for him, all he wanted to know was where he was from. That doesn't change my problem with the movies

The road to hell is paved with good intensions

>don't like Hellboy movies

How cancerous Snyderfag can be?

This is true of almost all comic book movies nowadays. Off the top of my head there's

>The Avengers
>Age of Ultron
>The Dark Knight
>Iron Man 3
>Man of Steel
>Batman v Superman
>Thor

All movies where the hero's actions or existence creates the threat they must then defeat. I think people have internalised the complicated aftermath of American interventionism and it finds expression in our most popular extravagantly destructive art form.

>he's closer to original Golden Age Supes
>parents alive
>Byrne Krypton
>No Krypto
>No Superboy
>Doesn't fight for the little guy
>No understanding of sciences of any kind
>Lost to Batman in a fist fight
>Zod is the phantom zoner not the Golden Age Phantom Zoners
>Lois in on the secret
>Over emphasis on farm boy angle
>Generally portrayed as stupid
>Powers capped a relatively "low level".

He's based off post-crisis Supes my man.

Justino by the fact that he is defeated by a previously C list like Iron Man, people want the more modern and famous versions of the character.

Also the fact that Doomsday was there even though he's a shithouse Superman villain. Definitely pushes this guy as post-crisis Supes.

>Snyderman is closer to Golden Age Supes

No.

Golden Age Superman was cocky and brazen, was a social justice warrior (in a good way), and the public had a tenuous respect for him.

Snyderman is moody, is more of a general Samaritan, and the public despises him.

>This is how Snyder painted Supes and Batty and presented it to the normies and this is how they would see it.

This is what Snyderfags are forgetting. No matter how much you defend Snyder's depiction of Superman and Batman and how much legit it would be, Snyder gave a first impression by presenting them that way in thier first film together. That is how normies would view DCEU's Superman and Batman.

Don't you dare to say that this edgy retard is close to best Superman.

Warner literally said "sorry" and Snyderfags still insist, its patethic.

The sucess of Rebirth with Superman should tell them what people really want.

Golden Age Supes was best Supes followed by Silver Age.

Post-Crisis Supes is still quality but of a lesser nature. Pretty much created as a refresher after all the strong bits of the mythology were created . Also the killing Zod stuff also came from Post-Crisis.

Jon is a good kid.
Why you gotta ruin him by changing him to a girl?

I think a good thought exercise is to look at those stories and try and determine what would happen if the main character died at a young age.

Loki would probably get the throne (since Baldr doesn't seem to exist), so antagonizing Thor or the Avengers. Thor can't really be blamed for being chosen by Odin so it's a mixed message.
Hydra would still exist. Red Skull probably would've won, even, if Steve got polio and died. Those existed outside of any MCU hero existing.
If Stark dies as a kid, Stane gets the company earlier than planned and still and works with the Ten Rings. However, Vanko probably dies in pool of vodka since he lacks the motivation for revenge.

If Bruce gets gunned down with his parents, the League of Shadows succeeds with their plan to blow up Gotham 2 movies early. There's no Joker but Gotham isn't much better off either way.

But then there's Kal-el . If Kal-el 's ship falls into a black hole and he dies as a baby? The ship never gets activated, so Zod is never drawn to Earth. Humanity would never be able to turn it on because doing so requires a key made of elements that literally don't exist on the planet and Kal-el brought to them. He could travel the stars in the opposite direction for the rest of his lifespan and never find us. Furthermore, there's no more Codex, which means that even of Zod does find earth, he's got no real reason to terraform it; he can't repopulate the natural way because he thinks that's heresy and not muh krypton, so why is he going to activate the world engine? No Zod corpse means no Doomsday. No reason for Lex to get butthurt either. Or for Bruce to get butthurt. He'd just continue to be a grumpy reclusive old man, stewing in his cave about the goold old days, until a young street tough by the name of Terry McGuinness appears by his front gate.

So not only is there an argument that Clark is the impetus for the bad things happening in the DCEU, Snyder has kept us from getting a Batman Beyond movie.

where did i say i disliked them?
They're shitty adaptations, you're a fucking retard

The superman in your picture is still not the same because the next page shows him being smart enough to take the corpses away so they can't be experimented on.

>You forgot about coup d'etat? They definetly killed a lot of people during that.
Yeah but not even a hundred most likely that is far from assuming that they would be capable of genocide.
>if you're already coming off as a kind of person that deserves to have bad things happen to you.
But DCEU's Superman is a thousand light years from that.
>Convince me Superman has been good for the DCEU planet earth
He has saved thousands of people between films unrelated to the black zero disaster.
Zod may have made his way to earth eventually anyway.
>The road to hell is paved with good intensions
You would have a point if he was doing something wrong for a good cause but he has not done anything wrong.

Post-Crisis Supes have best character and best stories, mate. That's the reason why he is still here even after fucking new52. And in good story he managed to trap Zod in phanton zone which could be perfect for movie. His scream for mercy (or curse) during departure to zone could be as dramatic as death.

What I'm saying is Supermans very EXISTANCE has been a net negative. I do not have a problem with there being consequences for the heroes existances, but there has to be some overarching positive association with the hero. All those examples have heroes behaving like heroes outside of the consequences of their own existance

>The Avengers
Thor is only sent to earth by Odin, not because of Thor's direct actions. Thor had also saved Asgard and earth previously. His existance has shown to be positive. Loki is also being manipulated by Thanos, whose interest in earth relies on the infinity stones, not with the heroes. Had the Avengers not been there, Thanos would have ravaged the planet for the stones. He just saw Loki as a means to do it because of his previous grudge
>Age of Ultron
Avengers have already been shown saving the world from threats, both in their own movies and in the previous Avenegers movie. That's what makes this mistake hold more weight. (Or it should, the movie kinda sucks)
>The Dark Knight
We see Batman save the city in the previous movie. Had he not been there, Gotham would have been destroyed
>Iron Man 3
Again, Tony has shown himself over the course of the movies. This is however, the begin of his fall from grace so to speak.
>Man of Steel
>Batman v Superman
The two movies I have a problem with. One cannot deny that if Superman did not exist, the world would be better off
>Thor
Honestly, don't really remember this movie all too well. Wasn't Odin manipulated by Loki to send Thor to earth or something?

>The sucess of Rebirth with Superman should tell them what people really want.
NO ONE IS DENYING WHAT THE MAJORITY OF FUCKTARDS WANT.
We are defending the right for what we enjoy to also exist.
Batman had his campy films to contrast his dark ones, Superman can have some dark films to contrast his light ones. Fairness and balance.

>SuperMopey
>"amazing"

>BatMoron
>"amazing"

im still pissed at Snyder and WB for fucking up the first Superman/Batman movie ever