Hey Sup Forums what do you think about this comic?

Hey Sup Forums what do you think about this comic?

upworthy.com/a-poignant-comic-about-a-girls-struggle-to-find-her-identity-racial-and-otherwise?c=reccon3

I dont really know what to think about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

northwesternflipside.com/2011/11/23/northwestern-unveils-new-meme-studies-department/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think about what my 8 year old told me about thermo nuclear physics.

That's some real shit reasoning.

I remember when I was 4 I laughed about my dog shitting outside and watching my cousin doing the same thing.

The girl's therapist needs a good kicking.

clearly this person hasn't grown up, has a lot of maturing to do. the fact that she made a comic out of it, which such shit art and dialogue, makes it clear she's just complaining to get attention.

probably had some tough shit in school or at work and is blaming it on her ethnicity, not her skills, like most fucking mediocre people do.

please don't post this again.

>FUCK YOU MOM FOR TELLING ME YOU LOVE ME UNCONDITIONALLY, YOU RACIST

Evel Knievel couldn't make a leap like that.

>I love you. You're my daughter. I don't care what race you are.
>My mom is racist.

This is retarded angst for the sake of angst. First world problem bullshit.

This is why it's retarded to adopt out of your own race, the kid will just grow up to hate you anyway.
Her adopted mom probably paid for the fancy college courses that taught this curr how to be a professional victim.

I like that we've come to a point in time where we're encouraging segregation again.

>28
>in college
That better be grad school because damn

Even worst that statistically she'd fair a hell of a lot better on dating sites than her male counter parts.

Last one.

Oh God she really is going to shit all over her mommy isn't she?

Muh identity. Ungrateful brat should be happy she has a family and isn't working in some coal piles in China.

>muh r/Asian masculinity
You guys never shut up.

This sounds really weird taken out of context.

I think the art is ok, not the best, not the worst. But I dont get the message of this comic.

This is what I dont get. All I see are people trying to be supportive of her.

Nobody talks like that, especially a 4 yo.

I like how she rejects her mom trying to define her, but she's totally cool with the college professor defining her.

And the prof is doing it outright, all the mother is trying to do is tell her daughter she loves her.

I'm glad Trump won.

This, THIS is why Trump won. The Left needs to stop encouraging this shit.

Wow, what a bitch.

Stupid chink cunt.

No one is encouraging this shit but themselves.

>my mom just told me she loved me unconditionally
>I interpreted this as her not loving me
>this traumatized me for life

They are doubling down on it. See you in 2020.

>Wanting to see race
>Wanting to be divisive
>Wanting to dislike the whites

White bitch was right, it is counter productive.

she is 28 and in college. she probably spent years after high school doing nothing or trying out shit that failed over and over.

this led to self hate because she's a loser, but of course she wouldn't accept that and instead made it about her race and then spent some year rationalizing why everything wrong in life had to with her race.

disgusting.

This is an American adult.

>I was happy to be segregated
Lmao, what the fuck.

Defund the social sciences.

Time to Make America Great Again, one liberal tear at a time.

i wonder what the end game for them is.
do they then go on to work for a non-white only company, live in a non-white community, consume none-white media exclusively.
at what point do they go "maybe i should fuck off to zimbabwe and be done with these white assholes"

Americans have such dysfunctional race relations, it's borderline comical.

>I love you as my daughter unconditionally
>That means she has to disregard my heritage in order to love me!
Now that's bonkers.

So she's upset her mother loves her no matter what? She wants her mom to see her differently?

America is completely fucked. The only choices are a bunch of religious retards or corrupt servants of zionists and billionaires who pander to tumblrite scum. I am done voting unless a non-retard somehow gets put on the ballot. Ironically the least corrupt politician in recent times was Bernie Sanders, a literal Jew.

>work
user, there's a reason why they can "protest" several days in a row until late at night.

Basically want all the benefits of living in a white nation, but don't want to live around white people.

Imagine having raised this thing. Sacrificing years of your life and dozens of thousands of dollars of your money, for this creature.

Jesus christ what a fucking cunt. Someone comes over to do something genuinely nice out of the goodness of their heart, and all you can think is "omg racist white person!" She doesn't even recognize the person's good intentions, she just sees her for her skin color. This asian bitch seems like a genuinely awful person, and fuck the person who wrote this for trying to promote discrimination based on race.

This entire site looks fucking awful.

>Break into groups based on your racial identities
>Just two groups
>Whites
>Others
I still don't know whether this kind of thing is racist against whites or a new spin on white supremacy.

>Comic about a woman trying to come to terms with her race, albeit in a bizare leaps of logic sort of way
>At least she can still get a partner and get laid

And you wonder why SJW feminists think that blokes see women as sex objects or prospective partners as opposed to people

Wait, what is her true self? She's still an adopted Korean raised by white parents.

Oh woe is you, people trying to view you as an individual instead of trying to sort you into some group.

Speaking of, why the hell do these dumb asses think all people who are non white agree with them? They seem to delude themselves to the point of madness thinking they're part of some big group of people, most of whom probably don't give a rat's ass about them.

>Statistically the most privileged race living in America
>"Fucking white people"
Racial progressivism was a mistake.

That really should have a sad hillary in the center box and all the Donalds ticked

I mean fuck, most Asian ethnicities hate the others with a passion.

They're people who've lacked any major struggle in their life, who are trying to define themselves by aping the civil rights struggles of the 60's. The problem is that they have nothing to struggle against, so they end up making their own enemies and being more racist than the "racists" they're fighting against.

Apparently MLK was wrong, and people should be judged by the color of their skin. Just instead of prejudice, everyone should masturbate about how great they are for not being white.

The left has always gone by the definition of white and non-white.

After we deport all the illegals, we should start exiling college professors and air lifting them all over Mexico where they can ramble about how much they hate white people in peace.

Most Asians hate other Asians with a passion.
Meanwhile nobody else can tell any of them apart.

I th7nk thats why they hate them.

>blokes see women as...prospective partners as opposed to people
Of course they do; that's sexuality at work (homosex are rare).

Why are "prospective partners" not people?

>tfw the House Un-American Activities Committee doesn't exist anymore
Thank God we managed to enter the meme timeline.

Yep, it's hilarious when I hear Libs using Asia as an example of harmony.

>learn deny warcrime

Kek

I ironically identify as a white man and i am brown :^)

lol

Isn't the point of this that from a young age she knew that she was racially very different from her peers, that her primary caregiver was white and was in a well meaning way trying to make her daughter think that there is no such thing as race or societies weight that comes with it, but in doing so was basically transplanting a white identity on her even though she, by being Asian is categorically not white thereby creating a dichotomy between how she was brought up to feel about herself and how society treated her?

I'm not saying it isn't whiny mind, but people here seem to be missing the point in favour of "hurr ungrateful shit! She should have just accepted the white persona her parents pushed on her even though the rest of society certainly doesn't"

I mean I know its easy to point at this and laugh and rip into it because its poorly written and it is whiny, but no-one seems to be engaging with the point being made

>dating
>sex objects
There is a problem with objectification and it doesn't come from the guy you quoted.

To be fair most black tribes in africa all hate each other.

And white people hate Slavs, Russians, Jews, Irish

For all the good that half of American college courses do, they might as well teach shit posting on Sup Forums.

>transplanting a white identity on her
>the white persona her parents pushed on her
wut

What is a 'white identity' and why can't a white-passing Asian have it?

Her mum said she doesn't see race, but that's ignoring that fact that race comes into play in many different situations. Being a white person surrounded by white people and saying you don't see race is saying "I don't notice these things provided you act like white people do"

Which is fine and all, but the rest of society won't make the same judgement of you. There in lies the problem

This is the same bullshit reasoning "only white people are smart and successful" they push on black people to 'act black'.

She is a dumb, ungrateful, shit.

She's invented a scenario of oppression by looking for Asian prepresentation in a non-Asian country. Society isn't out to get her for not being white, but she's resentful despite this. So it's jarring for her to speak about the woman who raised her and loved her with contempt.

>by being Asian is categorically not white
Your entire post reeks of genetic determinism, this ridiculous idea that by having Asian genes she cannot adopt a 'white persona'.
This absolutist view of disjunct races as cultural gulfs is worrying.

>it's another "minority wishing they were white" episode

I can't say I blame them, but complaining about being Asian? One of the whiter Asians, at that? Literally no fucking excuse. You get white-tier privileges, everyone thinks you're smart, and you get to play the minority race card ontop of that if anything goes wrong. This bitch just has white-envy but for all the wrong reasons.

The mother should've just explained to her what races are and certain groups of people are different physically and that's okay because what counts it's what's in side and what we do is what makes us who we are and blah blah blah

The premise of the comic hangs on the fact the mother said something stupid but well meaning and the 4yo interpreted it in the wrong way.

>All I see are people trying to be supportive of her.

The support is actually quite oppressive when you think about it.

I habe white skin but most of America will not consider as white because my country is a poor east bloc shithole with a history of being bullied by Muslims.

What is a black identity? Or an Asian one? I'm often told that black culture is a cancer on Sup Forums, so why doesn't white culture exist?

A white-passing Asian can have one, but the rest of society won't assume as such.

Race has baggage with it. Raising an asian person with white ideals and behaviours is fine, but you can't expect society on the whole to know that is the case.

Some of them do.

northwesternflipside.com/2011/11/23/northwestern-unveils-new-meme-studies-department/

>Separate the class by race and discuss it

Do..Do Americans actually do this?

What is this about white and Asian personas? Isnt she an individual?

>but you can't expect society on the whole to know that is the case.
But we see no evidence of this! All we see is white society being beyond nice and trying their best to be understanding.

>Other people in society will assume she has adopted a white persona as opposed to treating her as though she is Asian.

Alright mate

Albanian?
Sometimes you guys look jewey but generally we consider you white.

See Also, to add to this: do you seriously think that Asians are genetically programmed to "act Asian"? Because that's coming disturbingly close to those "biotruth" asshats who view black people as being genetically programmed to eat chicken, be deadbeat dads, and rely entirely on "gibsmedats".

> Hey Sup Forums what do you think about this comic?

Lemme put it this way
>My Grandmother was a nazi, most of her family was a nazi. The only reason she stopped was not because of the war atrocities, but because the 'stupid pansies lost'.
>My grandfather grew up in the South. When asked if his family was in the KKK he just replied "Everyone in town was part of the Klan."
>Their son married the daughter of a Chinese immigrant family that were almost executed in China for the crime of owning property.
>They also happen to hate Japanese with a burning passion, which lead them to moving to a new state several times.

I look at this bitch and all I can think is 'Calm the fuck down, you're trying too hard.'

The lack of logic in this comic astounds me. America truly does need Trump.

>A white-passing Asian can have one, but the rest of society won't assume as such.
That is literally what white-passing means.

>The support is actually quite oppressive when you think about it.
I can't stop laughing.

Today I learned that Asians are monsters who cannot feel love.

Yeah, your Korean "color". Koreans are only behind the Japanese as the whitest east Asians around.

1/10, you can't be fucking serious with this.

Shut the fuck up tumblr.

Bulgaria.

>supporting someone is oppressive
Should we not support them then?