Come up with a Mr Freeze story that isn't Heart of Ice

Come up with a Mr Freeze story that isn't Heart of Ice

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-1l4Ex1MC64
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Victor Fries' fascination with cryonics began when he was a boy and his mother fell through the ice of a frozen lake. The ice was able to keep her preserved long enough for help to arrive, thus sparking his lifelong obsession with the cold. It is later revealed that the accident left Fries' mother in constant pain, and Fries ended her suffering by pushing her into a lake. In this new origin, Nora was never Fries' wife. Her name was Nora Fields, a woman born in 1943. When Nora was 23, she was diagnosed with an incurable heart disease, so her family placed her in cryogenic stasis hoping that a cure would be found in the future. Fries, having written his doctoral thesis on Nora, took on a position as a cryogenic researcher and technician at Wayne Enterprises, the facility that housed Nora's body.

Eventually, he fell in love with Nora and became dedicated to finding a reliable method for slowly thawing cryogenic subjects. However, Bruce Wayne ordered the project to be shut down, as he began to feel uncomfortable with Fries' obsession with Nora. Furious, Fries hurled a chair at Wayne, who dodged the attack; the chair smashed into an array of cryonic chemical tanks, the contents of which sprayed onto Fries and transformed him into Mr. Freeze

I actually like this origin a lot. It makes Victor seem more twisted than the BTAS origin.

I'm fine with both

Victor Fries went to the Salty Spitoon and slipped on an ice cube. Ever since that fateful day he vowed to take vengeance on the ice and harness its energy to commit crimes and thus give it a bad name.

I meant not an origin story. Everyone loves Heart of Ice, but no writer seems to know what to do with him since then.

I like this but I've always hated stories where the hero is responsible for the creation of a supervillian. It's a major turn-off for me although I understand not many feel that way.

Whoops my fault. Do you want it to continue with that story canonically or with a different origin?

Believe me, user, you're the only one who cares.

>Yes, Nora. I shall become a popsicle

Would that be because it feels like a cop-out and makes the hero seem like an asshole?

Mister Freeze as a boy is working in an illegal meat whale place with his only living relative, his uncle, who diddles him sometimes. He nearly dies in a fire, but get saved himself by locking himself in a big ass freezer. In the cold, he feels safe as he hears the screams of his uncle roasting alive.

Fearing, his death, the rescuers try to search for his body. It is only later, covered in debris that they notice the freezer. They open it to find Fries dead via being frozen, rescuers quickly get him out and have him sent for autopsy. After a few days of being thawed, Fries is finally revitalized, but gets brain damage because he fucking died. Here, he begins to believe that the fire is a portent of his demise, being sent to hell, making him fearful of death.

From then on, he is taken in an orphanage and gets beaten everyday, being called a sinner who will go to hell and burn forever. He is also an outcast, because is afraid of the fireplace. Fries, with this fear in mind, grows up to becomes some sort of super scientist about thermodynamics, dedicating himself to finding a way to preserve life via cold stuff. He and his colleagues later create a prototype freeze thing, though one of them thinks it could be used as a weapon.

But suddenly, Fries' life gets flipped turned upside down when he discovers when he has a debilitating illness, some sort of blood cancer. And he has only a few months to live! Also, the disease makes his eyes look bloodshot forcing him to wear cool glasses. Meanwhile, his experiments make headway, but needs human experimentation. Fries volunteers, desperate to not fucking die. Shit goes down, and there is an explosion, an ice explosion, and everyone in the room dies, except for Fries who lives, but barely as the effects of the experiment lives forever. Desperate, he steals the prototype freezer thing, refurbishes it as a weapon, and goes crime sprees around Gotham, to fund his research and materials so that he will live forever!

Maybe that's why I like stories where the protagonist never meets the antagonist.

Fries was an innocent icecream man when he took a wrong turn in CRIME ALLEY! He cries for help when he sees a young master Bruce Wayne and his family go into some dumb theater, but they don't hear him, and he believes he was ignored. He gets robbed, stuffed inside the freezer of his truck, and it is later set on fire.

Vowing revenge, he takes the name of the icecream brand: Mister Freeze, and begins his reign of terror on all of Gotham, so they will also feel his cold suffering.

mr freeze gets sick of being cold

so he has to become

mr burn

Different user, but for me it makes the hero seem worse than useless - like he's actually causing more problems by being there. It's one thing if people wonder "wait a minute, is the mafia really worse than Joker, who likely wouldn't exist if nor for Batman?" and it's a whole other when the hero is DIRECTLY responsible. It makes the hero seem like an incompetent manchild playing dressup and doing more harm than good.

It's a cheap way to create heat between the hero and villain

Fries finds love with Ice or Killer Frost. No more of this MUH NORA bullshit. They later go into ice-based adventures of villainy.

Tired of living apart from the world in his suit, Mr. Freeze begins attracting a small cult like following. Intent on repeating the accident that created him on his followers and starting a new country on one of the poles.
Depending on if you want him to be the villain or not, either himself or his followers(making him a well intention ed dupe) start kidnapping other scientists or workers who they think will be useful to the new cold country.

Freeze becomes the Lich King? Awesome.

maybe it's environmental and they they start stealing a bunch of weather shit, intent on cold bombing the ocean to create a new ice continent or expanding the arctic out for more territory.

>Mr. Burn
>not Mr. Burns

Freeze is incredibly jealous of Captain Cold and decides to upgrade his stuff. He is caught by Batman and tries to be sympathetic, talking about how it's "not fair" that Captain Cold is so much better than him while sad music plays in the background.

Batman punches him.

Mr. Freeze steals Ted Williams' head from the Arcon cryonics facility and installs it on a powerful robot body. With Williams' incredible hitting instincts Freeze is able to muscle in on the other Gotham supervillains e.g. by throwing icicles grenades and a delusional cyborg beating punks to death with a baseball bat, thus committing crimes with impunity. At the end it is revealed Ted Williams' was just the first step in a sequence of crimes to re-enact the first baseball game Victor ever took Nora too. Working title - "Freeze of Dreams"

Mr. Freeze turns to magic to bring his wife back, accidentally freezing hell and bringing demons to gotham.

Mr. Freeze turns to magic to bring his wife back, instead accidentally bringing back another woman with the same name who is almost exactly like his dead wife except she likes her bacon cooked different.

Fries is driven mad by an insane Glaswegian ice-cream salesman and drug dealer who insists on pronouncing it "Frys". Cameo by Grant Morrison.

and very slightly but always mispronounce his name.

Scrooge-themed story where Mr. Freeze cuts and runs on a contract with the Carpenter just before Christmas, so she sneaks in to his base in the night and remodels it as a giant snowglobe trap to force him through three moral lessons.

Back-up one-shot about Victor JUST ABOUT to be released from imprisonment but in the truck to holding with his hands locked down there's this smudge on the inside of the glass he can't *quite* get to which drives him to flip out and go on a spree.

Mr Freeze eats a man's face.

Victor gets his by Scarecrow Gas and in a state of panic freezes off his own junk and uses a mechanical grabber claw to try and mate it with the frozen Nora to produce a beautiful ice baby.

Mr. Freeze becomes obsessed with the movie frozen, and traps Gotham comic-con in a giant snowglobe so he can cosplay as the frozen bitch outside of his suit.

Mr. Freeze visits Ben & Jerry's to create his own flavor of ice cream "Nora-politan".
It's the first in a DC ice cream marketing plan for all their ice based villains

>Yes Nora. I shall become Mr. Fries

But origin stories are more fun!

No they're not. There's a fucking billion of them.

The one from this.
No, really.
He's the same forlorn, sullen character, but it has nothing to do with his dead wife.

This is just the shitty new 52 backstoy for freeze. Completely fucked his character.

Nora is finally cured by Freeze after years of attempts, but she is disgusted with the kind of man he became in order to save her. Freeze tries to become a hero in an attempt to win her back.

aight so mr freeze is chilling(insert audience laughter) in arkham. He's enjoying a glass of ICE water when the wall behind him explodes, it's the joker and oh shit is he looking crazy.

we're getting out of here nigga, said the racially insensitive joker.
>hey man it's really not cool to talk like that, what if a nigger was around...
The joker and Mr freeze burst out laughing. It was going to be a wonderful day.

They were going to make America great again

Mr. Freeze freezes Gotham, then releases a bunch of endangered wild animals that can only survive at low temperatures.

If Batman defrosts Gotham, he'll be killing the innocent animals.

>twisting Fries' pure love for his wife to be some insane obsession
God, I hate nu52

Mr. Freeze has to save the school by competing in a radical snowboard competition. But the rival hero school is determined to shut them down. Join Victor and his lovable penguin sidekick on this COOL adventure

1/2

"Cold", "unemotional", "calculating" -- those are the words Arkham staff most commonly uses to characterize Victor, one of the only two inmates to ever score 100% on Arkham's standard psychopathy scale test. A cyborg with a less than half human body and, some say, an entirely inhuman mind, Victor was never nice. As a small boy, he got endless fights, in one of which he poked is opponent's eye out. He put what was left of the eye in the family freezer -- "to study later", the report says. Despite this trouble, Victor's grades never suffered. Later he would vivisect frogs with an interest and passion far beyond what his school's honors biology class required. Although somewhat disturbed with their son's behavior, his upper middle class parents said he never showed cruelty towards the animals he dissected, only indifference.

Victor graduated Summa Cum Laude form a university that now wishes to not be associated with him. Victor's career in biology was brilliant if brief. Throughout he was respected and feared by his colleagues. His former boss, whom he replaced, reported that he "wouldn't be surprised if that ------------ received a Nobel prize some day". Never reluctant to experiment on himself, Victor altered his own body and mind. He found a second passion in robotics and prosthetics with military applications. His self-inflicted changes are speculated to be the reason he eventually lost what little connection with humanity he had. Soon, the real trouble began for Victor. First, he found that a powerful biomechanical body produced more heat than it could shed. Second, he was facing being fired for "gross ethical violations" in his experiments on wounded Army volunteers. Before the final day of the investigation of his misconduct Victor and his wife disappeared from the lab with tens of millions of dollars worth of equipment.

2/2

Apparently never much attracted to either sex, we think that more than anything, Victor married for the sake of convenience and social propriety. His choice fell on a young research assistant who was very impressed with him. His wife's brain now powers the control system of his cryogenic suit. NORA, which he now insists stands for "Neuro-Organic Reconnaissance Assistant" -- the man is not without a dark sense of humor, is considered to be his personal driver of sorts and his private CIA. She is apparently able to control his suit, with him inside or not. From what brief records of communication with her exist we think she is still in love with him. Perhaps he wired her that way.

underrated

Any word on whether they fixed this shit in Rebirth?

When raiding a hospital for needed supplied to maintain his suit, Freeze comes across a sick little girl who he learns will soon be discharged from the hospital because her parents cannot pay her medical bills. Knowing she will die if not given continued medical care, Freeze kidnaps her and keeps her in his facility, working toward improving her health.

Freeze's hope of being reunited with Nora already being long dead (either she's dead or was cured but left him), Freeze finds new purpose in protecting the ill and targeting ruthless insurance companies and Gotham's price-gouging pharmaceutical industry, committing terrorist attacks against them and threatening their executives.

Freeze breaks out of Arkham and walks straight into Gotham Bay, emerging weeks in the Arctic and wandering through the ice and snow until he is spotted by Superman. Instead of fighting they have a long talk about things like companionship and solitude and mankind's desire for both and how it applies to two unique individuals like themselves, then part ways.

You do know thats because people act like autists if his stories aren't basically the same thing everytime?

Evidence being this thread

Mr. Freezer is apparently one of those characters who can never change

Ever

Victor Fries discovers he is one of hundreds of different men throughout the ages who became cursed to be cold and lost their wives due to tragedy... or perhaps fate. Realizing he isn't a man trapped inside a refrigerated suit but a sentient ice scuplture in the form of a man, he attempts to explore the new limits of his increased power and become a hero as an Avatar of the Frost, the Champion of the Blue and member of the Parliament of Glaciers. Helping and hindering along the way are fellow Frost Force users the Icicle, Killer Frost, the Blue Snowman, Ice from JLI, the Cryonic Man, Minister Blizzard and Captain Cold, who actually doesn't have Frost Force powers but is in due to union regulations and a polar themed costume.

mr freeze attempts to halt climate change via ice crime

batman still has to stop him because ice crime is still crime

THIS THIS IS GOOD

another scientist cures nora causing freeze to strugle with the conflicting fellings of that he wasn't the one to save her but the that she will be retuning to him.
an unexpected side effect of the thawing out process is that her memories of the last few years of her life before being are clouded and patchy causing her to forget much of her and freeze's life together.
as such she tries to rebuild her life while freeze's obsession with her causes problems for her and gothham at large.

He moves to central city and is expelled by the Flash and Captain Cold. He moves to Antartica to be alone, and somehow damages the Fortress of Solitude, getting expelled by Superman.

Victor Fries was working in an ice cream factory
>At last! I have discovered the perfect ice cream formula, it never melts even in the hottest of days!
Suddenly, BLAM WHAM KAPOW! A bunch of armed thugs break into the factory and begin ruining all the equipment.
>No! You fools! You'll ruin ice cream for everyone!
>Sorry Fries, but if you release your formula our business will lose customers.
Victor Fries looks up and saw his boss Mr Bullmoose with a fat cigar in his mouth.
>But Mr Bullmoose why? You of all people should know the worth of ice cream!
>Fries Fries Fries... if ice cream never melts, how will people buy more ice cream?
Mr Bullmoose raises his hand and his thugs point their guns at Fries.
>You can't do this! I'll...I'll fight you!
>Sorry Fries, but its time for your banana to split!
Suddenly Batman flies through the glass ice cream window and tackle Mr Bullmoose. The armed thugs begin shooting everywhere trying to hit the masked avenger.
Fries tries to run for the never melting ice cream formula but runs right into an armed thug.
>You're on thin ice Fries!
Fries throws up his arms in defense.
>Don't kill me!
Suddenly a Batarang knocks the gun out of the thugs hands and Batman swings in pulverizing the goon.
>Thank God you're here
>Let's get you out of here Fries
Suddenly Mr Bullmoose charges at Batman, who accidentally knocks over Fries along with the formula into an open freezer. The formula spalshes over Fries as the freezer slams shut on him. Ice growing over and inside his body, he cried out in pain.
When police later opened the freezer they found a blue Fries completely naked staring at the iron walls of the freezer.
>Aren't you Cold mister?
>No. I'm Freeze.

You want a Freeze story?

>after Heart of Ice
>never seen again
>wants a quiet life
>Captain Cold needs modifications for his Cold Gun
>"it's not an ice gun, they're different"
>forces him for parts
>Cold v Freeze

Is that from something?
I'm interested.

And so Mr Freeze was born. A man fused with never melting ice, he began a crime spree disguised as a smiling ice cream wearing a suit. He committed crimes using ice cream themes, to enact icy vengence against those who had wronged him. Bullmoose and Batman.

In the very gritty issue number 722 Freeze got his revenge on Bullmoose by dipping him in a vat of hot fudge which then was covered in nuts and then hardened. Batman was able to retrieve the chocolate effigy from Freeze, however the burns sustained from the hot fudge dip killed Bullmoose in Gotham Hospital.

With his main nemesis gone Freeze would lay low until he had found someone how ignited his flame of humanity again.

A lovely dairy farmer by the name of Nora, the two were happy, even to the point where Batman had crossed him off his list of rouges, however Bullmoose had ties to the Industry Mafia, and in the sights of a particular crime lord and cousin of Hanover Bullmoose, Edgar Cleaverton, or the Sausage King of Gotham. In revenge for the murder of his cousin by Fries, Cleaverton kidnapped Nora and tied her to his sausage maker conveyor belt.

Fries begged Batmans help by making a Bat Signal from the cows on the farm. The two agreed to put aside their differences to save Nora, however during the fight Fries froze the controls to the conveyor belt accident, leaving his poor beloved to die a horrible death.

With this final piece of humanity torn from him Fries gave into madness and reverted to his old persona. He blamed Batman again, however vowed that he would end the entire Food Industry Mafia before getting his Bat-cherry on top his dish best served cold.

I don't really care for these movies, but I was impressed by how they handled Freeze.

10/10
kek/meme
hearty chuckle/my sides
Breddy gud/claps twice
Audible laughter/10
M. Night Shamaylan/10
FRIES IS PURE! PUUUUUUUURE/10
interesting/10
Good/10
Kek/10
We were the demons all along/10
DAMN YOU MONKEYS PAW/10
Snortle/chuckle
WHAT DAY IS IT/10
OCD/10
KillerCroc/10
Quentin Tarintino/10
Let it Go/10
Hire this man/10
Feels/Bad
1960's/10
FUCKING RADICAL/10
Why wasn't this in Arkham/10?
I didn't ask for this/10
Sign Language Gorilla/Sad Bad Cry
Love it/10
Al Gore approved/10
WHAT KILLED HIS CHARACTER?/10
Hello Darkness my old friend/10
Ending Theme from Incredible Hulk the series/10
Gorey Cheese/10
Coming Winter 2018/10

shut up faggot

and then I become bitter from this user's post and became sworn to fight the coldness of people's comments online by freezing them with the same coldness I received that day.

I find your ideas intriguing and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Mr. Freeze on a summer cruise

on a ship named Nora

Let's go kick some ice.

Honestly if more people did this then these threads would be better. No point in making stories if nobody reads them.

>During a particularly cold winter in Gotham, the temperature is actually cold enough to allow Mr. Freeze to move around without his cryo-suit. Freeze decides to admire the snowy scenery at Gotham Park, finding it completely empty except for a single woman, skating along the frozen lake-bed. Freeze admires her beauty from a distance, noticing a striking resemblance to his beloved Nora. Suddenly, the lady cracks through a think layer of ice and plunges into the freezing depths of the lake. Freeze quickly dives in after her, bringing her back to the surface and carries her unconscious body back to his lair. Days go by as Freeze nurses her back to health, learning that her name is Lauren. Lauren grows fond of Freeze, even after realizing that he's a notorious criminal. She relates to him how she'd always wanted to try ice-skating, but she was to afraid of falling in and freezing to death. After stating that she'd never try it again, Mr. Freeze tells her about how beautiful ice can be, and how there's nothing to be afraid of. He begins creating beautiful ice-sculptures with his freeze-ray, even allowing Lauren to create a couple, one resembling her and Mr. Freeze embracing. Suddenly, a statue is shattered by a baterang as Batman swoops down and attack Freeze. Apparently Freeze had been blamed for kidnapping Lauren and the police had been looking for her for days. Lauren tries telling Batman that he's made a mistake, but both him and Freeze are too busy fighting. In a fit of rage, Freeze begins firing madly at Batman with his freeze-ray. Much to his horror, one of his wayward beams hits Lauren and she's frozen solid. Freeze drops his gun and rushes to her side, clutching her icy form in his arms before she shatters to pieces. Freeze weeps gently, before rising to his feet and holding his arms out for Batman to cuff him, stating that all the people he's ever held dear all meet the same fate.

Someone should arrest that menace Batman once and for all for all of those innocent people he's helped kill.

youtube.com/watch?v=-1l4Ex1MC64

...Jesus

would read

Kill yourself

you could say he provides... leverage

Mr. Freeze really has to take a shit. But he can't expose his ass to drop his load, because his asscheeks will melt. So he begins working on a bowel relief module for his suit, but it's too late. His ass cheeks part like the red sea and his anus erupts, spraying liquid brown all over the inside of his suit. Of course he can't take the suit off to clean it, so he's condemned to live the rest of his life knowing the inside of his suit is coated with liquid fecal matter. Quite astonishing, considering he's never been able to eat.

TO KEEP THINGS MOVING

What character?

Nothing, they should send him back to Limbo.

Radioactive frost bites.

During the next Crisis, Nu52 Freeze remembers his life and Nora pre-Flashpoint.

Realizing his delusions, he enlists Pre-Flashpoint Lois in search of the real Nora that exists somewhere on the manipulated earth, whether she's alive or not. In the end, Fries thanks Lois for trying although they come off emptyhanded, and readies for Suicide just as Lois rushes to him with a revelation.

Nu52 Nora Fields is, in fact, the original Nora, and the strength of Fries' love transcended time and space, with his original memories manifesting through his mania. He succeeds in resurrecting her, with Fields having no memory of her prior life. Fries is content to know she can move on, and makes it his mission to help her reintegrate with society. She goes onto follow Fries into the field of Cryology, looking to cure him as thanks for saving her life, and falling for him just as she once did.

He was once a pretty chill guy until he got trolled so hard, his body temperature was unable to regulate itself. The man was literally burning on the inside. He watched some videos online and put together his suit that keeps him super cold to maintain the ever burning rage inside him, but he hates wearing the suit because it makes even the simplest living difficult. Typing in gloves is pretty terrible too. He develops a sense of entitlement much like his rage that he must make the world cold.

He learns that his wife was a slut and fucking other people behind his back, so finally he starts posting on /r9k/. He assembles his army of betas to lead the beta uprising in Gotham. He challenges Batman to fight the robot army. On the day of the uprising, none of the robots manage to get out of their room, leaving Freeze alone to face Batfamily and Gcpd

Mr. Freeze wants to eat a really delicious looking burrito, but he can't because he has a jar on his head.

I hate you so much.

Mr freeze jerks it till it falls off then puts his dick in a jar and freezes it with the mission to stick it on Nora
Because he likes dickgirls and having his dick on Nora would be not gay if she could peg him with his own dick
Before he can finish bonding it batman kicks it out of his hand and it flies into hot lava giving a thumbs up before it melts into nothing
Later revealed mr freeze is gay

Mr Freeze is a really bland characters liked by casuals only because of the stupid cartoon. He should be made more like the Arnold Schwarzenegger version from the movie, with he puns and all. That was the only good version of Mr Freeze.

Mr. Freeze eats some ice cream and gets a nasty case of brain freeze, and he's like "Ow, come on, what the fuck?"

It's not that bad really

you

Mr. Freeze creates a sudden snowstorm in the middle of the busiest travel day of the year

Victor Fries is a man obsessed with his fear of aging. His mind is constantly pre-occupied with his overwhelming anxiety concerning growing old and the absolute inevitability of death. A convinced nihilistic atheist, he views death as the ultimate end to all things and is firm in his stance that this makes all of his actions, feelings, and his very existence meaningless. He becomes invested in cryogenics specifically because of the possibility that it may extend the human lifespan and preserve people until biological immortality through medicine is achieved.

His intense, analytical nihilism eventually drives him to insanity. An introverted loner, he confines himself to isolation for months upon months until his mind shatters from overthinking about his pathologic fear of the futility of living.

His obsession is mortality. While he cannot bring himself to belief in an afterlife in a literal sense, he begins to cling to it as an emotional aide in a figurative sense. His obsession becomes one of being remembered, of being known, of being significant for as long a time as possible. Whether his remembrance is positive or negative is irrelevant. He just wants to be remembered. Respect is fine. Fear is fine. Love is fine. Anything is fine as long as he is remembered and his actions are considered noteworthy. It's the closest thing to immortality that he can imagine.

He performs extreme procedures upon his own body, ensuring a vastly extended lifespan but also ensuring that his body can only function in below-freezing temperatures.

His crimes are committed only for notoriety. The more memorable his actions are the better. He premieres in Gotham only as an oddity, a fad, a celebrity to be embraced and enjoyed. Eventually, however, he comes to realize that the most remembered people in all of history are the most horrible. People would rather read and learn about serial killers than about saints.

Victor accidently taps into the Free Force, all other ice type villains and heroes suddenly get a power up, the villains decide to team up and bring a new ice age on earth with Freeze as their leader, half way through Freeze realizes how fucked up this will be and betrays the baddies by siding wuth Batman and his Justice League.

Freeze abducts and murders the people behind the largest factories in Gotham for contributing to global warming

With Wayne Enterprises next in his sights, he breaks in to Wayne Manor, only to find the Bat Cave

The rest of the movie plays out like Don't Breathe, with Batman as the hulked out crazy old man