New Homestar Runner video, Fan Costumes 2016

New Homestar Runner video, Fan Costumes 2016

youtube.com/watch?v=esRlvwK660g

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DQO1RHETKy4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yessssssssssss

these are my favorite things

me too, absolute best thing on the site. i can't freakin wait!

the cleverly obscure ones are so damn great
>yeah, I guess I could wear my shirt as pants if I had to

These never fail to make me laugh.

That last costume makes me feel like shaving myself

Alright Sup Forums... favorite Halloween Episode, go.

>mentions the hr wiki
Oh my lel

Three times Halloween funjob

Halloween Fairstival
Doomy Tales of the Macabre
The House that gave Sucky Tricks
Jibblies 2

same reaction

that's tough
homestarloween party isnt a good toon but it set up a ton of future stuff. the recent stuff is great.. punkin show is great.. ding!

I think my favorites are the interactive ones, house that gave sucky treats and potion-ma-jig
customes and broducts is great too.. and halloween safety

Pumpkin Carve-nival, Halloween Potion Ma-Jig and Doomy Tales of the Macabre.

>Modestly attractive homsar

always a treat

nice

The first funny HR cartoon in years

At least HR is still funny, even as the world goes completely mad.

Any except the last two disappointments

How is this show so consistently funny? I never watched it back in the day and have been catching up on it. The writing, visual gags and voice acting combine so well.

fucktons of talent combined with total creative control and no pressure whatsoever

What about Sucky Tricks? Or Flash is Dead?

>BABY TOYS ARE COVERED IN STARS BECAUSE ITS A SHAPE BABIES CAN UNDERSTAND!

fucking lost it

Doomy Tales of the Macabre, though it might just be because I love the costumes.

I was slightly entriggered by how he didn't draw a star the way EVERYONE draws a star, while ranting about how everyone learns to draw a star when they're babies.

probably cause that's not Homestar's star.

>stinkoman level 10 never ever

yeah but the SECOND thing you learn as a baby is how to erase the inner pentagon leaving the star behind

Would mail order Modestly Hot Homsar.

OHHHHH

A RED T-SHIRT AND A TAPED-ON STAR

has anyone told you how terrible you are?

Still my favorite thing they did in the 2010s

youtu.be/DQO1RHETKy4

>let's see what happens when I...match proportions with you
died.

>try to make a star
>end up making a star trek insignia

How?

>painting your hairy legs
>instead of just wearing white pants

Why?

because homestar doesn't wear any pants, duh

What are you talking about, user? I wear long pants

Um, no. From what I can tell, you wear NO pants, and have blue soles glued to the bottoms of your feet,

Well, that's simply not true. I have long pants, I wear long pants. I'm a long pants man, long pants, long pants!

>Then there was that time I took some of Strong Sad's pills...
Okay, calm down, I didn't mean to-

Long pants, user! The longest pants! Everybody everybody! Longest pants!

best hremail ever

Goddamn, that part where SB matched proportions was amazing, and that Coach Z costume was great.

Goes for the Gold was hilarious, it's a shame they haven't posted it yet.

>Goes for the Gold was hilarious, it's a shame they haven't posted it yet.
????

WRRRRRRYYYYYYY

They made a toon of Homestar Runner Goes for the Gold for the live show, and so far they've only shown it there.

There's a recording of it on YouTube, but I'd highly recommend waiting until it does get posted because it's hard to hear over all the laughter from the crowd.

An actual animated version of Goes for the Gold?

Are you shitting me? I really feel awful for not being able to go to the 20th Anniversary show.

Its not often we get new Homestar but when we do I feel a child-like joy

FUCK
I could have totally gone to that too, I'm within driving distance. I figured it'd just be musical routines and puppets...

that's not enough for you? have you seen the recordings? shit was twice $butt

The musical stuff was super well done. I really need to upload my recordings sometime, or if possible stitch together a video of the complete live show from multiple videos that others have posted in addition to my own.

>I really need to upload my recordings sometime
you slithy tove, you need to do that NOW. and link them on the wiki, where they currently have some clips but not enough

That was amazing

I'll do it eventually, my man

That was funny

WRITTEN IN SHARPIE ON THE BATHROOM WALL OF HISTORY

I never knew they had a live show!

They brought back snakewater from the kindergarten episode of TGS.
DEEPEST LORE

i love shit like that, that sounds exactly like the dumb shit we said as kids.. we don't remember why we said it, what it meant, but we know we said it at one time or another

I hate to be THAT guy but

What's the appeal in Homestar Runner? I only find Strongbad humorous, and even then only for about 10 minutes.

>only for about 10 minutes
You mean like, you watch 3 or 4 sbemails and you're done? that sounds like a good chunk of them to watch at a time.
the appeal is basically in the unique speech mannerisms, clever wordplay, and appeals to brain processes and sensibilities you never realized you had. only when they click just right do you realize you're just like these dumb animal characters.
But aside from that they're still fun little cartoons with good standard humor. they poke fun at a massive variety of real-life things, all with the kind of wit that only someone with a finger DEEP in those pies could deliver. Strong Bad's explanation of how death metal works, and how it differs from "the kind of metal guys with skinny blonde hair sing". the time when marzipan got on his case about his crimes against the environment, then basically admitted all you have to do is reword what you normally do and it will be satisfactory. the time when strong bad got some boots with lights all over them, which were also super loud, and had to be plugged in. Y'know, satire!

They have a lot of funny phrases or words that are almost normal but not quite always crack me up. Like, "exardon me" or "look what you've did!"
I'd say try watching a few of the holiday specials.

you'd never think indefinite articles could be humorous

Nothing's quite as subtly funny as the decemberween pageant. Back then their humor was still finding its feet kinda, but man.. every little thing was great
>homestar giving out exposition about the toon you're watching when he's on stage and should be giving his lines, which we find out from a classic camera pull-back
>announcer giving a product slogan halfheartedly
>KoT can't catch a break
>terrible scripted play dialogue
>character in pageant actually called 'The Popular Vote' whose costume consists of a sandwich board with his name on it
>character called Dr. Christmas, which is funny enough already, despite the holiday being 'decemberween'
>cruddy stage-rope flying attempt
>terrible improvising to stall for time, plotline that just gets interrupted
>"Errybaady knowwws me, mine name conebread"
>strong sad worrying over his lines the whole time when it turns out he only has one word
and finally Homestar modifying his "This is the best X ever" catchphrase to suit the content of the play.. i mean shit. subtle.

>>KoT can't catch a break
>>KOT: Well I still get to play Dr Christmas
>>Bubs: Oh uh, I forgot to tell you
>>Steals KOTH's hat puts it on and just walks away

I think it has to do with the voice acting.

is it?

Now what characters have yet to be cosplayed as?