Diary of a Wimpy Kid

What does Sup Forums think of Diary of a Wimpy kid?

Other urls found in this thread:

issuu.com/findoutteam/docs/diaryof_a_nerd_flyer/1
youtube.com/watch?v=psZjqoOHb38
youtube.com/watch?v=G65pvuTFR_A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Greg needs to stop being a fucking bitch.

He is honestly one of the most unlikable characters I have ever seen in fiction, imo.

Has Diary of a Wimpy Kid finally become old enough to be nostalgic?

Possibly, considering the first book is now 10 years old (fuck I feel old).

Is he in high school yet? I haven't read books 9 and 10.

NO WHAT

I'm still amazed about one thing about this series.

While most books of the same genre just spout pop culture references for most of the time (like that "Diary of a Nerd" book that I saw once in a library where the first chapter is mostly the main character shilling TBBT as the best thing ever), this one mostly uses copyright-friendly soundalike stuff and the few times they actually mention trademarked stuff the legal stuff at the beginning notes all the copyright things used in the book (such as Pac-Man, Magic 8-Ball, Flat Stanley and Choose Your Adventure books)

I enjoyed the webcomic version. I'd like to read the books but I'm too self conscious to buy them.

The movies are shit from what I've seen. It just doesn't translate

>like that "Diary of a Nerd" book that I saw once in a library where the first chapter is mostly the main character shilling TBBT as the best thing ever

Can you remember the exact title or post the cover? I really feel like subjecting myself to that shit

issuu.com/findoutteam/docs/diaryof_a_nerd_flyer/1

Speaking of kids books, who here has heard of this?

I have two younger brothers which means I've not had to worry about each book turning up each Christmas - though we do all fight for it.

The writer is definitely writing them because people are buying them, but there's enough originality to keep me looking forwards to the next one.

This year though, I'm not sure if my brothers are going to ask for it, which means I am going to ask for it myself. I'm okay with that.

I need to reread them all too.

Oh, this series is so being kept up for money.
Remember, there were only supposed to be 5 books, and book 5 was supposed to be Greg's last year in middle school.
They're still good though, so it's all good.

I'm pretty sure I've seen it before, but I really don't remember anything else about it.

Bump.

I really wanted this to get an animated series

Pretty good story, Greg was a little shit though...probably why it stuck with me plus it's sheer reason why I even visit this board.

I finally realized why I like these books (and why they're somehow getting better with every book).

everything Greg does is greentext material, which makes the book more humorous to me

My name is Greg. You have no idea how much shit I got from my cousins after these books came out.

>there will never be episodes centered on Rodrick and his band
>there will never be the recurring gag of Chirag being ignored
>there will never be the gradual transition of Patty from a cunt to a decent person
>Holly Hills will never be your waifu in animated form

Wasn't there supposed to be an animated christmas special based on the sixth book?

They tried to make Greg less of a cock in the movies. This ended up being to its detriment.

>The writer is definitely writing them because people are buying them

This isn't related to Diary of a Wimpy Kid but it is to a children's book I read when I was younger that I can't remember the name of and I hope someone can help me. It is at least probably 20 years old at this point but one detail stick out in my mind. The two boys that were the main character shad an old bb gun that they would shoot matches out of. Has anyone else ever heard about it?

Nope. DoaWK follows the characters never age rule.

Shouldn't he be in college by now?

What? and ruin the plot?

>wanna see my SECRET FRECKLE.

It got one twenty five years ago

Greg probably regularly browses /r9k/. He tried The Red Pill for about a month then quit it when he wasn't getting any babes.

Nah, he's at least a sophomore by now since every book, beside the first, takes place in an entire school year

I figured the timing was like this
>first book: 7th grade
>Rodrick Rules: 8th grade, fall
>Last Straw: 8th grade, winter and spring
>Dog Days: summer before 9th grade
>Ugly Truth: 9th grade, fall
>Cabin Fever: 9th grade, early winter
>Third Wheel: 9th grade, late winter
>Hard Luck: 9th grade, spring
>Long Haul: summer?
>Old School: ???

>He tried The Red Pill for about a month then quit it

The redpill's an abstract concept. It's the political equivalent to enlightenment. Of course he wouldn't get it, he's a middle schooler. He wouldn't have an opinion on the Clintons, let alone Benghazi or Saudi Arabia.

It would have been a great successor to Malcolm in the Middle

I remember watching the movie once and thinking it was really fucked up that he tried to convince the little Indian kid that he didn't exist.

The first 3 or 4 books are good, but things got a little too forced (mainly that Greg is flanderizing into an outright jerk) and repetitive in the later books.

Almost there.

Well, most of the best parts of the movie imo were the animated segments. Maybe it could be something similar to Home Movies, but with more slap-stick.

Was it autism?

Most likely. But was pic related?

His little brother was worse.
The Winter volume had him store away all the food and hot air and leave the rest of the family to starve in the cold.

>Greg is a complete absolute loser who thinks far too highly of himself
>his retarded fat friend is far more liked throughout the school than he is
>his little brother get away with absolutely anything
>his older brother stomps on him on a daily bases
>his crush doesn't even notice him

Is Greg gonna grow up to be a NEET

TRP as in the dating strategy, not the Alt-Right movement.

but Sup Forums is entirely middleschoolers

All they know is common core SJW indoctrination, hence why they're out bitching about the election results with looting, rioting, and throwing garbage at and randomly assaulting Trump supporters. These whiny punks are empty-headed brats who've obviously never been smacked by their lame PC liberal parents.

Trump won because everyone with a brain eventually got tired of all the relentless lies, double standard hypocrisy, and self-righteous bullshit.

Get over it, snowflakes.

Shit, man. I offhandedly picked this up from my cousin a couple years back. I....I didn't realize we'd fastforward this quickly

Actuallly it's 9 years old

Who?

Whoops

Probably he doesn't seem like te type of person who anyone would really like since most people would see him for the little bastard he really is

Jeff is from the same town as me and opened up a successful bookstore here. It's a popular spot because of it's cafe.

Cool guy, nice books.

Hard Luck was the last one I read.

Anything really hilarious happen in the books after that one?

If I'm going to read a psuedo graphic novel for kids, I'll go for the one with cuter art

>dork diaries
>not reading Dear Dumb Diary as the female centric alternative to Diary of a Wimpy Kid

FOR SHAME

but McKenzie is my alpha bitch waifu

youtube.com/watch?v=psZjqoOHb38

The movies were better. Rowley is a god tier bro in all 3 of them.

Here's hoping the new cast does the characters justice in the upcoming reboot.

Movies
Dog Days > Wimpy Kid > Rodrick Rules

Books
Rodrick Rules > The Ugly Truth > Wimpy Kid > The Last Straw > Dog Days > Cabin Fever (made me drop the series after that)

ZOO WEE MAMA

>upcoming reboot

w-what?

Actually, Diary of a Wimpy Kid is 12 years old. I t was on funbrain.com back in 2004. I read that shit all the time. The years are stacking.

One word: Puberty.

Wasn't the published book very watered down from the online version? I've heard the online one had more "adult" humor and wit, which was sucked out for the book's physical release in 2007.

Also when is Funbrain going to release Mighty Guy 3? Never?

It was very much watered down
Also, I think Mighty Guy 3 was released

>reading Dork Diaries instead of Big Nate

Whoa, I remember reading it in third grade and buying the print version in 5th grade at my school's book fair.I kind of got sick of the books in high school because the shitty movies were on TV all the time. Man where does the time go?

>funbrain.com
Holy fuck, you just dragged my drunken ass through a trip down memory lane. Thanks user, I'll have plenty to think about tonight.

Jesus, this was literally the first webcomic I'd ever even heard of, only because it was hosted on a website my school didn't block.

Coming Soon

Dude, pick Chloe Moretz again.

No, he was just sheltered by his parents.

Amelia diaries.

Never forget...

I don't know if this is considered dorky but the Christmas section of diary of a wimpy kid is where I learned santa wasn't real.

FUCKING MACKENZIE
THAT BITCH

Does anyone know where I can read these books online for free. My library only had the first five diary of a wimpy kid.

Mr beans magazine for me.

they are making another movie?

i thought they stopped doing it because actors are getting too old.

youtube.com/watch?v=G65pvuTFR_A

What the fuck?

Dear Dumb Diary was the bomb.

My friend had that in middle school, but i read this which seems to be the exact same shit but normies think it's good b/c it's chuck

The Ugly Truth was so fucking kekworthy

I bought it years ago and don't know what happened to it sadly

What's that one about?

/thread

>greg gets a bunch of shitty christmas presents while his friend gets cool stuff
>convinces his friend that they should make a time capsule and bury their stuff in the yard
>later comes back and digs up all the stuff and takes his friend's presents

That was pretty fucked up. And not even in a humorous way.

Well, it's like I said, he is a VERY unlikable character.

I know that head shape...

EPIC JOJOKE!!!!!1!!!!!11!

In Old School he mentions that it's the first day of middle school and handwaves it with something like "it feels like I'm in middle school since forever".