Since the last one got deleted, Matter Eater Lad thread?

Since the last one got deleted, Matter Eater Lad thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IPmq9YuBbLk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Try and name a more obscure super hero with an unsolicited theme song.
youtube.com/watch?v=IPmq9YuBbLk

>DC will NEVER accept my post-Miracle Machine eating Arthurian Zelig-inspired pitch for "The Madness of Tenzil Kem"
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>food was poisoned by microbes
>evolved ability to eat and digest any substance

Except the microbes?

Evolution is pretty fucked up in the future NGL.

No, including the microbes.
MEL's stomach is made of haha fuck you. Turbo poisons at worst will give him a bit of heartburn.

So he was able to eat the microbes last?

Why keep going with eating everything after that is my point

Just trust him. He's a lawyer.

im assuming it wasnt a gradual process

Holy shit, where can I read this guy

He's the one bright spot of the Bierbaums' contributions to 5YL.

Wait, so he's just a regular dude from a weird planet? He could be replaced by anyone else from his planet?

>no special girl friend

That's the case for like 80% of the Legion though.

His entire planet evolved that way over a period of centuries.

They have acid spit and their digestive system is basically a hyperfast nuclear furnace, burning whatever they eat pretty much instantly to convert to energy.
Pretty much. Most of the Legion was actually like that. They had a girl, Calorie Queen, come and try to join, but they turned her down because they already had Matter Eater Lad.

This despite the fact that she actually had the power to turn whatever she ate into fuel for super strength, unlike the rest of her planet.

Yeah, it's kinda funny that members without 'natural' powers are in the minority.

Even out of the founding three members, only Lightning Lad's power is something that's unique only to his family. Everyone on Braal has magnet powers and everyone on Titan has telepathy.

You can definitely tell she's from the Grell era.

>OXYGEN-BREATHER WOMAN
>Real name: Crystal Kwan
>Home Planet: Earth
>Origin: As plants grew on the young planet Earth, absorbing carbon dioxide and releasing oxygen gas, life there evolved to respirate using the powerful substance!
Other Data: Likes dogs more than cats. Drinks water as well.

Oxygen IS pretty heady stuff desu

>REJECTED
>We already have oxygen breathers on the Legion. Your power isn't unique enough.

>He could be replaced by anyone else from his planet?

Hardly. None of them have his tremendous balls and heroic soul.

They operate their politics via draft. You don't get to choose whether or not you're a politician, the government basically goes "Show up for work or we'll arrest you and make you be a Senator."

Don't talk with your mouth full.

Apparently this happened.

It didn't work out.

I was about to post this cover too but couldn't find it.
I wish this happened to me

>he fucking ate the card
HYPERCRISIS

fuck i love comic books

What's more impressive isn't his digestion, but his fucking teeth and jaw muscles.

That's a real superpower.

me too

hes from a planet called bismol?

is their sun named pepto or something like it

This apparently happens a lot to DC characters. MEL, Guy Gardner, Shade the Changing Man, Resurrection Man, Guy Gardner again in the future, two different guys with the H-Dial, Zatanna's buddy, Superboy, Krypto...

I think somebody at DC has a fetish.

And the Doctors Light, don't forget the Doctors.
And the gender-bent world Earth-11.
It also happens to Marvel characters from time to time but not that often.
Can't find it right now but there is a page of some mutant character (probably depowered now) who is some kind of messenger guy and sometimes ends up as woman when he uses his powers or something like that.

The only ones I could an recall are him, his sister, both Invisible Kids, (kinda) Brainiac 5, Kinetix, the GL guy and Bouncing Boy, but I'm probably forgetting a few origin stories.

Sun Boy, Star Boy, Comet Queen, Ultra Boy and at least one version of Colossal Boy.

ah it was this guy

Tyroc, Light(ning) Lass, Princess Projectra, Shadow Lass, depending on her background, Chemical King and Timber Wolf.

Isn't that basically half of the team though

Looking it up I found people had forgotten Kid Quantum, Ferro Lad, Karate Kid, Wildfire, White Witch, Polar Boy, XS and Monstress.

I'm not even including a bunch of shitty legionnaires that no-one gives a shit about, like the 5 years later ones.

While there are so many members of the legion that I'm not sure if that is even a majority it does show people with powers from their race aren't that dominant. Not all the ones with racial powers have billions of possible replacements either- some of them are last of their race (Element Lad) or only non-asshole of their race (some versions of Mon-El).

Can you count Nemesis Kid?

>Polar Boy
Brek is just from a planet with ice powers, user. Notably he's not even that good with them compared to other denizens of his planet.

Could Matter Eater Lad defeat Superboy Prime and Dr. Manhattan by eating them?

Bismollans have a hard time eating organic matter. They CAN, but it's difficult and the flavor is apparently like sucking on a PP3 battery.

No. That would be stupid.

Pepto is the capital city of Bismoll.

I wouldn't count Karate Kid. He had no powers, he was just REALLY good at martial arts.

God that scene was so fucking cathartic. I was waiting for him to eat something for aaaages.

Depends. Can he bite into anything or just swallow anything?

both

Then I see no reason why he couldn't.

That is his power.

He could kill Superman by biting an artery or some other form of anatomical damage, but he'd have to some how consume all of John and his conciousness to beat him

What's that, you want Meta Eater Lad?

Like I said I missed out a lot of minor characters. A lot of the Legion of Substitute Heroes got full Legion membership at some point and count, but I managed to put one that doesn't.

Nemesis Kid isn't the only member to get kicked out, and I think all of them have non-racial powers (one used tech to pretend to have powers to infiltrate the legion, another was demon possessed) but I don't really count them as members.

But it's pointedly not a superpower. That's like saying that the Punisher's power is guns or Batman's power is money.

And Brainy doesn't have any powers, he's just REALLY good at being smart.

I think that when it gets to the point that you're more skilled than anyone in the universe at something, that skill kind of becomes your superpower.

am i doin it rite

IIRC isn't Brainy kind of the Coluan equivalent of a retard? Or is that Vril?

But that IS their power. A power is anything you have that the rest of the world doesn't. It doesn't have to be supernatural to be a power.

The Punisher has a bigger arms room than most military units. He definitely has enough boom boom to count as a power.

Probably Vril. Average Coluan intelligence is somewhere between 8th level and 10th level. Brainy's 12th level.

The entirety of the human race added together is 5th level.

Try and keep it Sup Forums related, senpai.

How to tell someones the worst kind of casual parroting shit they've overheard in passing?

Its not the Aquaman jokes, its if they talk shit about Matter-Eater Lad.

No user, he's REALLY good at martial arts. The entire reason he originally got on the team was because he had the ability to scuffle with superboy

He takes martial arts beyond anything a mortal man can do.

Still doesn't have powers. In the storylines where the Legionnaires lost their powers, he didn't forget how to make a fist and punch someone's spine out.

He punched an Earthquake to death, sounds like a superpower to me

Also lost a fight to Batman.

He upholds tooth and justice

To be specific those are two different Karate Kids, the one that lost to batman is asian,

Isn't that super racist?
Making the guy who' gimmick is being a master of all space martial arts in the far flung future an asian guy?

Isn't the one that lost to Batman the Silver Age/Asian one?

wakata, Sup Forumshai

Not really. He dislocated Batman's shoulder and took his belt off him before Black Lightning got him with a sneak attack, IIRC. If that's the fight you mean there wasn't even a notion that Batman would win a proper fight.

Nah, there was another one where Batman was in the future for some reason, they fought while flying, and Batman threw him into a pile of garbage after a page or two.

Brainy is a genius by Coluan standards, Vril is a retard by Brainiac standards.

Most Coluans are 8-10th level intellects
The original Brainiac was born a 12th and artificially improved it to something that's not measurable
Lyrl and Querl (and presumably 4) are 12th
Vril is a 10th because the original is petty

Giving intellects power levels seems even dumber than regular power levels

It's dumb but it's canon. But the summary is that everyone is smart and Vril is less smart but all of them are impulsive shits who don't always act as they should.

It's just a superhero version of an IQ test.

Not that those tests aren't a horrible idea to begin with though.

Sure but it also means weird cyborg dynasties on the planet of the computer tyrants, so.

Also the one that lost to Batman was under the delusion that he was someone else at the time and his fighting skills were toned down. when he got his memories back he probably could have beaten Batman easily.
Batman literally says he didn't think he could beat him so easily, then they find out he thinks he's someone else.

They need to show how the Coluan society recovered from years of mind control and why the GLC did nothing about it.

Stomach Force aint' gotta explain shit.

Would love a deeper look at Colu (and Durla).

Why was the last one deleted?

The rejects of legions more entertaining than the actual stories. There a list somewhere?

>The rejects of legions more entertaining than the actual stories
Dude, come on. How much have you read?

>Kid Quantum
Holy shit that's a cool name

you literally have to piece that together from older cosmic related titles. for example there were durlans going about on present day somewhere post final crisis, I just can't exactly remember which books they were in and it was spread over a few titles. Magog I think? and that The First Wave stuff like The Net and The Shield if I remember right.

Personally I'm more interested in the Spider Guild.

Me too, there are a lot of stories to tell about various planets in the universe.

I mean, of course the Spider Guild. That's some quality ~comics~ stuff right there. The 2008 Omega Men run had some cool visuals for them.

New six issue mini from DC Comics: "Huge Galactic Issues the Green Lantern Corps has Totally Ignored or Actively Encourages"

Exposing the GL corps as hypocritical fuck-ups is my fetish

I think that might have actually been from Karate Kid's solo book, which had him stranded in the present.

Nah, the one I'm thinking about was straight up Karate Kid from the Threeboot.

Threeboot got their ass kicked all over the place though. Batman also punched Lyle in the face since the Threeboot version apparently doesn't know how to breath discretely.

Bump