Sup Forumss thoughts on the Byzantine/Eastern Roman Empire?

I always thought they were pretty cool, though I'm not Greek I found them a bit more interesting then the Western Romans.

It was ok untill the Greeks took over, and crusaders fucked it up!

One of the greatest faults of history is that we did not help defend Constantinople from the heathens. The shame of Europe for letting the greatest city in the world fall to heathen hordes shall be eternal.

Lol what?

What did the Greeks do wrong?

they became turks

>pic
The Eastern Roman Empire was by majority Greek
and continued existing for more than 1000 years after splitting with the Western part of the empire.
I don't understand what we Greeks did wrong.

Allowing the Church to split and having all Western Christians lose any sense of worth in Constantinople

You guys did fine to the best of your abilities. I think the last crusade and you not paying those Norman Mercs, and in return sacking Constantinople in response for not being paid by the greedy emperor at the time sealed the deal.

He should have just paid the fucking mercenaries

I don't think it's only our fault for splitting the Church. It's very complex so pointing the finger and sayting it's only your fault is a bit wrong.
Yep, i wholeheartedly agree with this.

having the god emperor shit instead of reinstating republic

That looks a lot like the Albanian flag. Never seen the Byzantine flag with those colors before.

When you have to pay people not sack you then you're not really an empire anymore.

>pic related

J U S T

It's true, our flag is based off of it.

everything, for example making greek only official language.

>The Eastern Roman Empire was by majority Greek
bullshit

WE

The two biggest dynasties alone were Greek families, not the mention the rest

>almost 1500
>Turks not cucked into anatolia yet
Shame

I always get a hard on for grand strategy games that let us play bizantine empire. I almost solely play byzsntine empire in CK2

>Argentina
>WE WUZ

How ironic, Jamal.

Still, you have to be retarded if you don't think Albania was a province in the Byzantine Empire and later on Marigona sewed the flag when Skanderbeg came back to symbolize the revival of Byzantium.

But hey DaMarcus, keep on slapping flour on your face and hope you get whiter.

>Marigona
Who is that? I am also Albanian btw but I don't know much about its history.

Werent you guys on the Ottoman side during the siege of constantinople?
1500 serbian cavalry men and a bunch of miners to dig tunnels into the city iirc

She was the woman who sew the flag and handed it over to Skanderbeg in 1444 at the League of Lezha meeting.

There are some funny things in Albanian history if you are willing to read, like a Byzantine emperor going full REEEEEE because Albanians supported the Pope in the creation of the HRE.

>we where all kangs and shiet
Lets be honest here greek as soon was they took over the reign the empire went to shit.
It didnt help to fight against your own citizens and trying to forcefully hellenize them. So dont repeat the most where greeks, wich is not true. Most regions of the Eastern Empire where non Greek.

Eh most were from the migrations of Romans and a lot of the longest run dynasties were from Armenia. Of course, I am memeing and they were probably 1/2 Greek in part.

The only kebabs the serbs ever removed were defenceless women and children.

I understand why a Turk would call bullshit, but proofs?

Medieval 2 casual here, always puts a smile on my face when I blitz the roaches in five turns.

7/10 republic and 9/10 empire
Imagine a world if Rome never fell.