MAD MEN THREAD

Did you know? Male actors (multiple) were asked to be paid more if they were going to have to act as though Peggy was attractive.

That makes zero sense. They were asked to be paid more? You mean they asked to be paid more, moron? Elizabeth Moss is kinda cute, why don't you post your picture?

this was legitimately the biggest problem i had with the first season or two of the show. they kept shoehorning in guys making comments about how attractive peggy was when she was ugly as fuck

Post a picture of yourself then fatass

Peggy is a practice girl.

Did they really, i dont remember. Pete just pumped and dumped her while drunk didnt he

Also Joan bullied peggy, peggy was like "its easy for you guys cuz youre beautiful" etc.
I think shes hot in real life, not the usual hot though

He's just a asshurt virgin

Peggy's kinda cute when shes not dressed up girly and shit (pretty much any girl is but she is more so)

Not the prettiest but she's honestly the only wify material in the whole show. Every other female was insufferable to be around with terrible character motivations.

She got a lot more attractive when she stopped dressing like a girl going to the sock hop.

how is the night going, roastie?

>PIZZA HOUSE!

Cracks me up every time.

yea she was and is pretty ugly, but thats who they cast.

No, they didn't. The Juniors came sniffing around in the early episodes but they did that for every new secretary. Nobody really made any comments about how hot she was, and by season 2 they were all pretty much treating her like an annoying little sister.

Holy shit, could you BE any more of a pleb?

Trudy was the best wife because she acted like a trophy housewife but was actually the driving force behind a lot of Pete's character growth. She knew when to stroke his ego and when to kick him in the ass.

>"Excuse me mr. actor, will you be paid more to act like peggy is attractive?

Bro skinny legs Peggy was a solid 6.

>legitimately

Not a single character on the show was ruined more than Peggy during the finale.

Internet standards, anything that's not a ten is a zero.

I saw it as a social thing, initially because she's the new girl to be conquered, then as something different they can't find anywhere else

nice picture for ants

Brie's Trudy is, to this day, the elder god tier of wives.

She stuck with Peter knowing he was a total bitch, was fucking around on her, and was only tolerated at work because he was good at what he did.

Every other man in the show is more of a man than Pete.

Except Kinsey who was a total fucking dweeb.

I thought the Stan thing was really forced. Peggy shouldn't have ended up with anyone, she's a workaholic that will always put her job first.

She was specifically chosen because she isn't pretty. They didn't hyper her looks. You virgins don't understand but even average girls get hit on because regular guys (not shut-in losers who never flirt) know they're easier. The whole vibe was meant to be that she wasn't like the mindless bimbos

im not that guy but how is that relevant to the argument, pea brained whiteknight/roastie

Hell, she didn't just know that Pete was cheating in her, she gave him implicit permission so long as he kept it in the city.

And Pete STILL fucked that up.

>i'm the only person on Sup Forums to have ever gotten pussy

>let's put a rag in her mouth and I'll hold her down while you rape her

Didn't know Raimi wrote Betty but that might be why I liked her so much.

Peggy got everything Kinsey wanted because she had the guts to ask for it and Kinsey sat around waiting for it to be given to him.

The fact that the guys didn't see her as hot and sexy is why she was able to get as far as she did. If she was as hot as Joan or Betty every single meeting would have just been guys humping her leg or writing her off as just a pretty face.

In fact this actually became part of the tension between Joan and Peggy later in the series.

Elizabeth Moss is attaina-cute.

Standing next to January Jones she doesn't look like much, but if she was just in a coffee shop most guys would think she was cute and approachable.

She's looking good in the new season of Top of the Lake.

I'd definitely fuck her.

I thought the whole point of the show was that Peggy was gross

Haircut and presentation really goes a long way. She was ugly as sin in season 1.

>actually liking Betty
How? There wasn't a single iteration of Betty that was anything more than tolerable.

Pete has arguably the most character growth in the whole show, he's the only one that generally becomes a better person after being a piece of shit in the beginning.

Worst mad men thread I've ever seen.

Pack it up, boys. Time to go home.

I'm like halfway though the 7th season, when does Pete become a good person?

This, the later hair styles accentuates her face and don't make it look so retarded.

Why'd she have to be a religious nutter bros?

Eh, definitely plain and mousey but I don't think ugly as sin is accurate (oh right, Sup Forums)

I think the switchboard girls like Lois and the one played by Flo from progressive were definitely worse looking (or done up to be worse looking).

She wasn't. She only went to church for her mother and pretty much abandoned it by season 4.

He was a good person trying to save Alexis Bledel's character from electroshock therapy despite cheating on Trudy and cucking that ladie's husband.

>the last scene she was in she asks Pete if do I know you

>attractiveness is based solely in appearance
congrats, you just revealed your pleb status. only fags think peggy isnt hot as fuck.

I mean Elisabeth Moss not her characters.

She's a caring mother and all she wanted was to be loved.

What other aspect are you factoring in to her attractiveness? Peggy's personality isn't that great either, in my opinion. She's not a bad person, but she has plenty of character flaws. She's a very realistic character in that aspect, but hardly someone whose personality makes them more attractive.

Yeah, I just looked and saw she was a Scientologist.

I dunno, it seems really easy for Scientologists to lure in young talent under the promise it will be good for their careers. I mean when you've got one of the most famous actors in the world ass your poster boy, that's gotta be a selling point.

He realises how bad he fucks up with Trudy and does everything he can to make it up to her again and apologises and settles down and arguably is the only one who has a happy ending.

I think Elizabeth Moss is a fuckable Peggy Ledecki.

>She's a caring mother
Hell no. All she had was disdain for her kids, passing on the shitty lessons that her own mother forced upon her. She loaded all of the child caring work off on a nanny and only truly enjoyed doing her own thing.

>unironcally liking a character who uses her sex as a weapon

agree 100%, tumblr fan service and the only bad part of the finale. the op image should have been the 2nd last time we saw peggy, her phone call to don in the finale should have been the last time.

>when Sally runs away to hangout in Don's apartment with Glen after the park and has her period but doesn't know what to do she calls Betty
>when Betty has Don come with her to the parents thing at Bobby or whatever the other kid's name was camp despite knowing it won't end well but doing it for the kid,
>not a good mother

Come on now

Yeah, I also got the impression that she was pretty self-centered and didn't care that much about the kids. Obviously, all things being equal, I'm sure she would rather have been loved by her children, but she wasn't willing to put any work in to form those bonds. The episode where she goes to the farm with the older son is the most obvious example. The son is super excited to spend time with his mom, but she just does her own thing talking to the teacher and drinking the milk out of the bucket, and then gets extremely cold and petty when the son gives away her sandwich.

Betty lived her children but lacked the emotional maturity to really be a good mother to them. She was too much of a child herself.

>when Sally runs away to hangout in Don's apartment with Glen after the park and has her period but doesn't know what to do she calls Betty
That just shows Sally's dependence on her mother/knowing she couldn't talk to Don because he wouldn't know about periods. Not necessarily that she's a good mother.

The other point I'll give you I guess, but that's one moment of clarity in an otherwise long relationship of being a shitty parent who doesn't really care.

She also had a good moment of clarity in her final letter to Sally, when she basically said "all the things that pissed me off about you mean you'll probably have a better life than me"

You'd get pissed off if your kid gave your food away too. If anything she was too easy on him and should have ate him

Found the Reptilian shape shifter

Woah-Oh Fat Betty
Bam ba lam
Woah-Oh Fat Betty
Bam ba lam

>not wanting to be eaten by Betty

What are you gay or something?

>writers can't figure out what to do with a character's wife
>eeehhh fuck it just make her fat

>Fox
>Breaking Bad

The fuck is this shit?
Fat Betty had a child

Bam ba lam

Is she genuinely smoking while genuinely pregnant?

She's method acting

Well she did eat her placenta after she gave birth and she's raising her kid without a father figure.

*takes whipped cream shot*

Jones is actually pretty white trash. She's from a little meth lab town in NE South Dakota.

i think she got knocked up while being the worst thing about the best x-men movie and that's how they chose to hide it

Makes her even hotter

She looked like Emna Frost but they really didn't get the character either much like how they ruined Rogue.

>Male actors (multiple) were asked to be paid more
Asked by who?

she was basically a plot device and then sat out the rest of the movie much like they had to do to xavier in the first 3 to keep him from solving the plot in five minutes. stupid overpowered telepaths

Joos!

Peggy is cute

there's no such thing as white trash you kike

You have to go back

Even Ginsberg?

I think he's the best character.

Roger is probably the worst. He's the funniest, and probably my favorite, but other than the fact that he's older there is zero difference between ep1 Roger and series finale Roger.

She forgave him in the end. She was in my mind the prettiest girl on the show, her voice is hot, her dancing is hot, and she has true feminine strength. Looking past all of the flaws her husband had because was married to him and committed to him....you don't find that in women anymore.

Ginsberg cut off his nipple and gave it to a bitch trying to get pussy. That's alpha as fuck. No one is topping that.

I don't really want to argue with you, but I just want you to know that I think you're retarded.

He's an old man, he should be set in his ways. It's the same reason Cooper didn't change at all. Besides, it would be unrealistic to have every single character change dramatically.

i think you missed something user, he was schizophrenic, which is decidedly not alpha. it's more like some other letter in the greek alphabet like lambda, or sigma

>Every other man in the show is more of a man than Pete.
Harry?